What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuba Chant Downfall

ElCunado

Club Member
Club Member
Look. This is ridiculous. Is there a way CU can implement a weight requirement for playing tuba. If you ain't over 275, you ain't playing the tuba. Seems logical.

Look. This is ridiculous. Is there a way CU can implement a weight requirement for playing tuba. If you ain't over 275, you ain't playing the tuba. Seems logical.

I never pushed that when I played.

Tuba attracts the odd band members. Thats saying a lot.

You might get that impression but it's not so accurate. Definitely, more normal than most would think. Plus, the extra height and shine from the instrument get you way more attention...it's a good thing :thumbsup:

I never pushed that when I played.

You might get that impression but it's not so accurate. Definitely, more normal than most would think. Plus, the extra height and shine from the instrument get you way more attention...it's a good thing :thumbsup:

so what I get from this post is...play tuba get poodehtay?

They're brass foil wrapped around AIR. They're mostly awkward, not heavy!

About 45 pounds of metal. Takes a number out on your shoulder; I still have scar tissue after 1.5 decades of play.

For the record, my playing weight in college was around 235, and I like to think I was a badass tuba. One on the best tubas I've ever played with (tuba who does the splits) hovered right around 100 lbs. It takes all sizes and shapes.

Last edited:
About 45 pounds of metal. Takes a number out on your shoulder; I still have scar tissue after 15 decades of play.

For the record, my playing weight in college was around 235, and I like to think I was a badass tuba. One on the best tubas I've ever played with (tuba who does the splits) hovered right around 100 lbs. It takes all sizes and shapes.

I always thought that girl was awesome. Ever since she kicked a shoe into the crowd during a b-ball game.

About 45 pounds of metal. Takes a number out on your shoulder; I still have scar tissue after 15 decades of play.

How old are you?

Holy ****!

The tuba cheer was better when it was a CHEER. They used to run out to the center of the court, play real loud then spin around. They need to lose the jump ropes and the little skits and go back to it being a simple fanfare.

The tuba cheer was better when it was a CHEER. They used to run out to the center of the court, play real loud then spin around. They need to lose the jump ropes and the little skits and go back to it being a simple fanfare.

I'm in total agreement.

I miss 2004 Buff basketball tuba guy. His combination of size and spin velocity would have gotten him a 5-star rating had internet tuba recruiting services existed at that time.

+1, compeltely agree...The rest of the band saw it as a way to get more pub so they took it. When it was a little skit on the baseline or in the corner it was fine. It is waaaay out of control now.

I miss 2004 Buff basketball tuba guy. His combination of size and spin velocity would have gotten him a 5-star rating had internet tuba recruiting services existed at that time.

We all miss him...He might not be farther away from the community than people think.

Back