What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday Buff Bites - Depth Chart Quotes

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

Actually, I lied...sort-of. The depth-chart stuff after the jump, but here's some Pac-12 and non-depth-chart articles to keep you occupied until then...
Colorado_Pac-12_medium_medium.jpg
Pac-12 hires CEO for new networks - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN
Longtime sports media executive Gary Stevens has been hired as the head of the new Pac-12 Enterprises company. "Gary is one of the true visionaries of the sports and entertainment world and I am thrilled he has agreed to join us," Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said in a statement "
He will lead Pac-12 Enterprises at an exciting time in our Conference’s history, just as we are poised to serve millions of our fans via our innovative new media platforms."
colorado_logo.png
Uniform Bracket: ASU v. Colorado | The Daily Axe - We've teamed with Allbuffs to dominate the first two rounds of The Daily Axe's Pac-12 uniform contest, now it's time to take out Arizona State's awful new logo and head into the finals. Go vote!
Round 3--the Divisional Finals and the tournament's semifinal round-- of The Great Western Uniform Bracket 2011 begins this morning with Arizona State and Colorado.
colorado_logo.png
Outlook for Luke Fickell, new coaches; 2011 hot seat watch - Stewart Mandel - SI.com
• Jon Embree, Colorado: There's no sugarcoating it: Embree has rebuilding to do. But the Buffs have just enough capable veterans to surprise a couple of teams in their first Pac-12 season. Senior running back Rodney Stewart is the focal point on offense, while quarterback Tyler Hansen has steadily improved. Defensive end Josh Hartigan leads an inexperienced front that notched 34 sacks last year. But deficiencies in the secondary and at receiver will likely doom CU to its sixth straight losing season. Predicted record: 4-9.
Conference Of Quarterbacks > Pac12 > Video
Standout quarterbacks are a part of Pac-12 Conference football history. With quarterbacks like Stanford's Andrew Luck, 2011 looks to be no different.,
Best case-worst case: UCLA - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN - Thought y'all would like this...
Neuheisel repeatedly berates Prince as he walks off the field. "He has to play better," Neuheisel says after the game. "We've taught him what to do. He's just not doing it." "
So the coaching isn't working?" LA Times columnist T.J. Simers volunteers.
The Bruins beat San Jose State 24-10 but get humiliated at home by revenge-minded Texas, which keeps its starters in the game well into the fourth quarter of a 44-10 victory.
"Richard Brehaut will start at Oregon State," Neuheisel says. The Bruins lose 28-17 in Corvallis.
"Kevin Prince will start at Stanford," Neuheisel says. The Bruins lose 51-13 in Palo Alto.
Like I said, depth chart quotes are after the jump.
colorado_logo.png
3-point stance - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN
2. Colorado coach Jon Embree released a depth chart Monday filled with surprises. The defense is lined up as a 3-4 for the first time since 1994, the last season that Embree’s mentor, Bill McCartney, coached the Buffs. There are 14 true freshmen on the three-deep, four of them starters. One of the latter, punter Darragh O’Neill, has never played football. He did make all-state in basketball at Fairview (Colo.) High. "He’s an athletic kid that’s good in those pressure situations," special teams coach J.D. Brookhart said.
colorado_logo.png
Three Freshmen, Maybe More, To Open At Hawai'i - CUBuffs.com
"Tyler has earned it and we need Toney to keep coming," Embree said. "The guys on the offensive staff believe we’ve got to continue to bring Tyler along; we just don’t want to throw him in the fire. That’s why they’re co-starters right now."
"I feel good about our two-deep, even some of our ‘threes’ in the D-line," Embree said. "Actually, I feel really good about our first 30 or 35."
The coaches are now listing the base defense as a 3-4, instead of a 4-3 which has been in place at CU since 1995; the Buffs last lined up in the formation in Bill McCartney’s final year as head coach in ’94. A newly titled position, "jack" outside linebacker, now complements the two inside linebacker spots ("mike" and "will") and the opposite outside one ("sam").
Ford is threatening to overtake Jones. Embree said Ford "has done it every time" in practices and scrimmages. Embree was unsure of Lockridge’s health, noting, "I don’t know if that’s contributing to some of the issues. We need to find that out; he’s not saying anything. So I don’t know. This is the first I’ve seen him play, because he didn’t go through spring. I don’t know what he’s capable of." Lockridge still is listed on the first kickoff return unit.
But after two days to evaluate the scrimmage and reflect on his first preseason camp, Embree’s mood had changed. "Talking with other coaches – some guys whose opinions I value – and reading what other programs in our conference are doing, I feel better," he said.
"There’s a lot of programs trying to (develop depth and avoid injury) and that’s the only way to develop the depth you have. No matter how ugly it may have been, that’s what we had to do to evaluate . . . I feel better about it from that standpoint. I’m still not happy with the results, but I understand it’s part of what camp has to be.
"When I look at camp as a whole, I feel like we had 17 really good practices. I mean really good practices. We had one that was OK, and we had the one that I felt was not good enough. So when I look at the big scheme and the roster from a health standpoint, camp was good. Some of the other guys I talk to have (injury) issues; we’re good from that standpoint."
BOHN TO SPEAK AT DENVER PRESS CLUB: CU Athletic Director Mike Bohn will be the featured speaker at a special CU sports luncheon at the Denver Press Club (1330 Glenarm Place, downtown Denver) on Thursday. Buffs fans and college football followers in general will learn about CU’s move to the Pac-12 Conference, the selection of new head football coach Jon Embree and the Buffs’ prospects for the 2011 season.
There also will be a Q&A session with Bohn. Doors open at 11 a.m., with a buffet beginning at 11:30. The program featuring Bohn follows at about 12:15 p.m. The price for lunch and the program is $14 for Denver Press Club members, $16 for non-members, and includes drawings for several door prizes, including tickets to the Rocky Mountain Showdown between CU and Colorado State on Sept. 17.
colorado_logo.png
Fall Camp Notes " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair
On the new depth chart, which is littered with freshmen - "We’re just trying to put the players who have performed the best in camp. I played as a freshman; they trusted me (in 1983) … (This group of freshmen) have a sense of urgency, and that’s okay. We’ve got to play them."
On whether Daniel Munyer and Gus Handler at center might both play in the opener against Hawai’i – "They’ll both play. There’s no ‘might’."
On the offensive line in general – "(Offensive line coach) Steve (Marshall) feels great about having eight pretty solid ones, especially going in there with the heat. With the situation work, getting in as many fresh bodies as we can. We’ll do that on both sides of the line … We have to play a lot of people. That’s why last week was so important from that standpoint, figuring out which guys you can play."
colorado_logo.png
Jon Embree turns to CU Buffs' freshman - Buffzone
Jon Embree believes in the old coaching adage that players will only perform in games as well as they practice. At least four CU freshmen will start at their respective positions in the opener on Sept. 3 at Hawaii. A total of 12 true or redshirt freshmen are listed in the two-deep Embree released on Monday afternoon after re-evaluating fall camp and last Friday's scrimmage. "We can do a lot of different things out of (the 3-4)," Embree said. "That's what Greg likes, and with our ends that's probably a good fit for us."
Goin' Old School! Go Buffs!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here t

Back