What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday CU Buff Bites - Time for One Last Colorado - Nebraska game

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

This is it, ladies and gents. Our season hinges on the game against Nebraska this Friday. Their season hinges on the game, too. And why shouldn't it? Even if neither team is ranked #2, it'll still be epic.

colorado_logo.png
Brooks: Big Red Week Finds Cabral Peacefully Hyped - CUBuffs.com

For the early portion of Cabral's 26 years at CU - four as a player, 22 as an assistant coach - Nebraska wasn't close to what it would become. In his day, "Colorado was easily discouraged and defeated when we played Nebraska; it ain't the same anymore." As a result, this week has come to mean as much to Cabral as any seven-day period on the calendar....A couple of days ago, a reporter asked offensive line coach Denver Johnson if the Buffs had been playing for Colorado or Cabral in their wins against Iowa State and Kansas State. Johnson laughed and answered, "No difference . . . they're one and the same."

When players assembled at noon Monday for a brief but electric team meeting that outlined the week's overall goals, a poignant slogan - familiar to only a few - had been restored in the Dal Ward Athletic Center's auditorium. "The Pride And Tradition Of The Colorado Buffaloes Will Never Be Entrusted To The Timid Or The Weak."

..."Any time you sing that fight song in Lincoln - those are lasting and memorable moments," he said. "I've experienced a Super Bowl (1985 with the Chicago Bears). I've experienced a national championship (CU, 1990), and winning in Lincoln is just about as good as that."

...Another major difference over the past two weeks is even simpler - letting his coaches coach. "To me, that's leadership," Cabral said. "(It's) allowing guys around you to do what they're supposed to do . . . to do what they do best. I don't proclaim to have all the answers. I don't proclaim to be able to do it all. But I've got some guys around me who can; they've got answers. There's a lot they can do . . . and I trust these guys. I know our coaches and I believe in them."

colorado_logo.png
Colorado-Nebraska series coming to a close - Boulder Daily Camera

When Bill McCartney arrived on the Colorado campus in the summer of 1982, he immediately declared Nebraska as the program on which the Buffs would set their sights. The resulting laughter could be heard throughout Boulder and across the Big Eight.The simple thought of the Buffs declaring anyone their "rival" at that time was worthy of a chuckle. The Buffs had just endured three straight losing seasons under Chuck Fairbanks, and the prospects for immediate improvement under McCartney were not good.

As for making the Huskers the target -- that was a full-blown belly-laugh. Colorado hadn`t beaten Nebraska since 1967, and the Buffs had won just one of their last 20 meetings with NU. "I knew that Nebraska was the standard by which we wanted to be measured," McCartney said in a recent interview.

"They were the type of program we wanted to be. When I arrived in Boulder, we had to make that the red-letter date." So now, the two programs that first met in 1898 will meet for what might be the last time on Friday.

...A rivalry that has claimed coaches, defined programs and provided fuel for sometimes bitter arguments will come to an end. One more time in Lincoln, one more time for the Buffs and Huskers. It will truly be the end of an era.

colorado_logo.png
CU-Nebraska: Buffs fans say goodbye to a post-Thanksgiving tradition - Boulder Daily Camera

This week, the 15-year-old Black Friday showdown between the University of Colorado and the University of Nebraska comes to an end in Lincoln, as the Buffs and Cornhuskers -- teams that first played each other in 1898 -- face off for the last time as conference rivals...​
colorado_logo.png
Seniors leave on a good note - The Longmont Times-Call

Few senior classes at the University of Colorado have been through as much as this year’s class. There have been good moments, but there have also been dreadful losses, long losing streaks, no winning seasons and, to top it off, their head coach was fired two weeks ago.Through it all, they’ve grown very close. "I love these guys," B.J. Beatty said. "I’ve been here battling with them for five seasons. We’ve been to hell and back, and gone back to hell and came back out." That has made the past two weeks seem heavenly.

colorado_logo.png
Nebraska coordinator tangles with cameraman (w/video) | Aggies | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Both sides agree Pelini grabbed Brandon Jones’ camera and parts of it ended on the grass as players, coaches and fans were on the field moments after A&M’s gripping 9-6 victory. That’s where their stories differ."My concern isn’t the camera," said Jones, co-owner of the popular A&M fan website TexAgs.com. "My concern is him making an ass of himself. He was mad that he’d been caught on camera being a jackass."

Jones said he had captured Pelini yelling at a well-wishing A&M team doctor following the game

"He grabs my camera and I’m trying to hold on to it, and for a moment we were face to face. I asked, ‘What are you doing?’ His anger carried on through and he ripped some of the (removable) pieces off of the camera and slung them into the crowd. "Then he stormed off."

colorado_logo.png
Opponent Watch: Nebraska - Bo Pelini Facing Possible Punishment for His Lack of Control - Bleacher Report

Update: At the press conference today, Chancellor Perlman did not suspend Pelini, and Bo said he will work on his temper. still unknown if the Big 12 plans to punish Bo.​
After the Jump; a CU Cross-Country update, Hawai'i is leaving the WAC, and Video of a certain option pitch against a certain team, you might know it...

colorado_logo.png
EDSBS'S BEST IN CLASS: WEEK 12 - Every Day Should Be Saturday

GRAPE JOB! Carl Moore, ejected from Florida's Week 12 game for fighting. Florida's Week 12 opponent was Appalachian State. Also, it was Senior Day. We have nothing to add...​
colorado_logo.png
Women Place Sixth, Men Take 15th - CUBuffs.com

Laura Tremblay and Shalaya Kipp earned All-American status as the University of Colorado women's cross country team placed sixth overall at the 2010 NCAA Cross Country Championship on Monday at the La Vern Gibson Cross Country Course at the Wabash Valley Family Sports Center.​
colorado_logo.png
Hawaii Reportedly Leaving WAC To Join MWC - SBNation.com

Hawaii will reportedly leave the WAC and join the MWC for football only. The move leaves the WAC scrambling for a replacement after the MWC raided one of its members again. The move all but assures the WAC is on its death bed.​
colorado_logo.png
Buffs building momentum - The Longmont Times-Call

It didn’t take long on Saturday for the University of Colorado football team to shift its focus. The Buffaloes defeated Kansas State 44-36 and immediately set their sights on their next opponent. "It’s Big Red week," interim head coach Brian Cabral said."These guys are getting a little bit of taste of what that is all about, but they are going to hear a lot about what this week and what Nebraska means to this program, what Nebraska means to a lot of dudes that went through this program and battled. "The very core of this program is centered around Nebraska." For at least one more week, anyway.

colorado_logo.png
CU Buffs topple Kansas State in final Big 12 game at Folsom Field - Buffzone

With its bowl hopes and any chance of a winning season on the line against Kansas State on Saturday, Colorado rallied from an early 10-point deficit to win a shootout 44-36 in the final Big 12 Conference game in Boulder. As the game ended, chants of "Beat Nebraska" filled the stadium.​

Go Buffs! Beat Nebraska!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back