What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday Grab Bag: #ItIsFinallyNovember

RSSBot

News Junkie
The first 'result' of basketball season is in. *Over the weekend the men's squad was in action behind closed doors up at the CEC, taking on the DU Pioneers in a scrimmage. *According to 'sources,' *Coach Boyle and crew at the very least took care of business, beating the Pios by seven. *Not quite 1-0, but I'll call it .1-0.

Hardcore BasketBuffs are already well aware, but NCAA rules prohibit fans, media, or other interlopers at these preseason tilts. *The idea is that these meetings are supposed to be tuneups, and that prying eyes would put too much pressure on what are essentially glorified practices. *Coach Boyle didn't seem to mind discussing the problems he saw, however,*saying,*"turnovers were an issue with this team, taking care of the basketball. [...] If we turn the ball over like we're turning it over, we're going to put a lot of pressure on our defense, and I'd rather not do that."

That certainly sounds dire, but I wouldn't get too worked up over that less than glowing report. *It's his job to be hyper-critical at this stage, and that sounds like vintage Boyle. *Besides, I'd rather the turnovers be made when it doesn't count, with the understanding that a veteran team should be able to take care of the basketball by the time the lights turn on for real.

10 days...

--

Today in the bag, I'm talking the football meltdown against Washington, some successes in cross country, volleyball and soccer, and the 'Colorado 4' in the NBA.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
Id_ia3wjY2I

The first 'result' of basketball season is in. *Over the weekend the men's squad was in action behind closed doors up at the CEC, taking on the DU Pioneers in a scrimmage. *According to 'sources,' *Coach Boyle and crew at the very least took care of business, beating the Pios by seven. *Not quite 1-0, but I'll call it .1-0.

Hardcore BasketBuffs are already well aware, but NCAA rules prohibit fans, media, or other interlopers at these preseason tilts. *The idea is that these meetings are supposed to be tuneups, and that prying eyes would put too much pressure on what are essentially glorified practices. *Coach Boyle didn't seem to mind discussing the problems he saw, however,*saying,*"turnovers were an issue with this team, taking care of the basketball. [...] If we turn the ball over like we're turning it over, we're going to put a lot of pressure on our defense, and I'd rather not do that."

That certainly sounds dire, but I wouldn't get too worked up over that less than glowing report. *It's his job to be hyper-critical at this stage, and that sounds like vintage Boyle. *Besides, I'd rather the turnovers be made when it doesn't count, with the understanding that a veteran team should be able to take care of the basketball by the time the lights turn on for real.

10 days...

--

Today in the bag, I'm talking the football meltdown against Washington, some successes in cross country, volleyball and soccer, and the 'Colorado 4' in the NBA.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
Id_ia3wjY2I

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back