What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday Grab Bag: Yet More Attrition in Basketball

RSSBot

News Junkie
I think it goes without saying that I hate the 'wave.' By participating, you’re saying, in essence, 'I no longer care about what’s going on in front of me, and just want to goof off for a bit." I guess I get the notion - you’re bored at a game, and want something communal to participate in - but it strikes me as a gateway to the lesser aspects of being a sports fan. Since a fellow member of the Pac-12 (Washington) claims responsibility for berthing the beast, there's some conference honor to be had in its continuance, but I would prefer to be left out of it.

That informs why dawning horror splashed across my face Friday afternoon as two (and there’s really no other way to describe them) Sox-bros stood up at the bottom of a nearby section, and began to exhort their fellow fans to giving rise to the wave. I had long prided myself in saying that no Sox fan would ever participate in the wave; ‘Oh no,’ I thought, ‘the safety of my imagined reality is being breached! *Maybe we do, indeed, 'wave.’*

Thankfully, the nonsense was short lived. Others around me grumbled their displeasure, and, out of hundreds sat before them in the section, only a scant handful even pretended to participate. Surely, the lousy performance put on from the home nine that afternoon had put a damper on fanatic spirits, but the curse of a wave to satiate the bored was avoided. *

If you or anyone you know struggles with the urge to 'wave,' let me encourage you to seek out professional help. *Together, we can cure this devastating affliction.

--

Today in the bag, I'm talking another round of roster attrition in men's basketball, the Masters, and some final ruminations from my weekend trip home to the SouthSide.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
IV5h8RBoGls

I think it goes without saying that I hate the 'wave.' By participating, you’re saying, in essence, 'I no longer care about what’s going on in front of me, and just want to goof off for a bit." I guess I get the notion - you’re bored at a game, and want something communal to participate in - but it strikes me as a gateway to the lesser aspects of being a sports fan. Since a fellow member of the Pac-12 (Washington) claims responsibility for berthing the beast, there's some conference honor to be had in its continuance, but I would prefer to be left out of it.

That informs why dawning horror splashed across my face Friday afternoon as two (and there’s really no other way to describe them) Sox-bros stood up at the bottom of a nearby section, and began to exhort their fellow fans to giving rise to the wave. I had long prided myself in saying that no Sox fan would ever participate in the wave; ‘Oh no,’ I thought, ‘the safety of my imagined reality is being breached! *Maybe we do, indeed, 'wave.’*

Thankfully, the nonsense was short lived. Others around me grumbled their displeasure, and, out of hundreds sat before them in the section, only a scant handful even pretended to participate. Surely, the lousy performance put on from the home nine that afternoon had put a damper on fanatic spirits, but the curse of a wave to satiate the bored was avoided. *

If you or anyone you know struggles with the urge to 'wave,' let me encourage you to seek out professional help. *Together, we can cure this devastating affliction.

--

Today in the bag, I'm talking another round of roster attrition in men's basketball, the Masters, and some final ruminations from my weekend trip home to the SouthSide.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
IV5h8RBoGls

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back