What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday is the 25th Anniversary of the 1986 20-10 victory over Nebraska ...

MontanaBuff

Coach Embree was asked about the 1986 win over Nebraska at his press conference today. He talked about how the game was a "signature win" for the program, because the Buffs did not upset the No. 3 Cornhuskers, they beat them.

Since there will likely be stories on the game in the papers, here is a link to the recap of the game, along with the YouTube highlights. Enjoy!

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1986/3-nebraska-20-10-the-mother-of-all-games/

Go Buffs! :thumbsup:

I loved that game. It was euphoric. Having grown up watching CU play Nebraska, and never quite being able to beat them, I was in tears when that game ended. Think about it - I was a Freshman at CU. CU hadn't beaten NU in my lifetime up until that point.

God I can't wait until that next game at Folsom where everybody is walking around after the game with that stunned euphoria grin on their face. NU 1986 2001, and OU 2007.

man, it would be great to feel that great about CU football again. that was a magical day.

Coach was just talking about this on his radio show,how the after this game it turned the OU game into a Big 8 title game.What a crazy season,ended in Houston at the Bluebonnet Bowl vs baylor

Back