What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday: Press Conference

Right now on Buffs TV...

-Same old BS to start...

-Espinoza back to Punt Return, but could see McKnight

-Givens will be back in the fold, but he doesn't know????

-Hansen is the guy, hopes to have him moving towards 60 min...

-Ray Polk did great job...

-Big week for us, we need the fans to come out, blah blah blah

-"I know that things have been shaky to say the least, but we're coming around, and recruiting is going well... Still trying to turn some little things around."

-"It's a hard deal. I'm as hard on myself as anybody... we continue to work through it... We've made some mistakes, but we continue to learn from them and learn from them..."

I do not think that word means what he thinks it means. He should already be getting 60 minutes...

Anyone have a link to go watch the press conference after the fact?

You pay for the Buffs TV thing from cubuffs.com?? Think, for awhile anyway, thats the only place you can watch it. Want to say a few hours after the fact they'll put it up for everyone and i'll post a link. Defintly worth watching.

You pay for the Buffs TV thing from cubuffs.com?? Think, for awhile anyway, thats the only place you can watch it. Want to say a few hours after the fact they'll put it up for everyone and i'll post a link. Defintly worth watching.

the press conferences are usually free on Buffs TV, but I guess that is only if can watch it live.

vomiting.jpg

I dislike how much time he obviously spent preparing for this ****ing press conference just to defend himself. Get ready for hte team that has prison sexed you 3 years running asshole!

People would not have been happy had he said, "I don't want to talk about anything but the upcoming missou game so I won't answer questions about anything else." The guy is between a rock and a hard place and people are really upset at the moment. Nothing he can say will be right. That's where he is. He needs to win, and he knows this.

People would not have been happy had he said, "I don't want to talk about anything but the upcoming missou game so I won't answer questions about anything else." The guy is between a rock and a hard place and people are really upset at the moment. Nothing he can say will be right. That's where he is. He needs to win, and he knows this.

I wonder if this just dawned on him now.

Right now on Buffs TV...

-Same old BS to start...

-Espinoza back to Punt Return, but could see McKnight

Really? We have nobody better than a WO with a broken thumb to return punts?

-Givens will be back in the fold, but he doesn't know????

-Hansen is the guy, hopes to have him moving towards 60 min...

In other words prepare for a liberal dose of Cody Saturday morning

-Ray Polk did great job...

Probably means he'll be playing less now...

-Big week for us, we need the fans to come out, blah blah blah

-"I know that things have been shaky to say the least, but we're coming around, and recruiting is going well... Still trying to turn some little things around."

Shaky? The Hindenburg was shaky...

-"It's a hard deal. I'm as hard on myself as anybody... we continue to work through it... We've made some mistakes, but we continue to learn from them and learn from them..."

Translation: I feel pangs of guilt cashing those huge checks...but not enough to stop....

I know he doesn't really have a "good" option on what to say, but he definitely shouldn't be prepping for these conferences for hours, finding letters of support and getting them organized for a press reading session.

the press conferences are usually free on Buffs TV, but I guess that is only if can watch it live.

i've watched a couple at CUBuffs.com after the fact for free.

though, i'm not sure i can watch this one since i'm trying to get to Saturday without chewing off my knuckles. i've had my fill of the Hawk patter.

i've watched a couple at CUBuffs.com after the fact for free.

though, i'm not sure i can watch this one since i'm trying to get to Saturday without chewing off my knuckles. i've had my fill of the Hawk patter.

I will go looking again.

I know he doesn't really have a \"good\" option on what to say, but he definitely shouldn't be prepping for these conferences for hours, finding letters of support and getting them organized for a press reading session.

I have the bumper music for the Hawk call in show:

[video=youtube;uDY2I5pni90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDY2I5pni90[/video]

Read an email from an old coach, "I remember how great you guys were at coaching..." and he looked up at the press like, "see... I'm great!!"

I had a boss do this once. He was new and everyone hated him. He realized this and at some point called a meeting and started reading positive emails/letters from previous colleagues. It had a very, "See, I'm right and you're wrong" flavor to it. He was fired within a few weeks.

On and on with the letters.... of support.

Getting pathetic. And obvious what he's doing...

What the HELL is the point of this in a press conference?? Isn't a press conference supposed to be giving the press, and by extension the fans, information of interest to them regarding the program?? Are we supposed to be interested in letters to Hawk telling him how ****ing wonderful he is? Especially when it's a one-sided bull**** infomercial, completely ignoring all the letters to the contrary they have to be getting?? What would any of your clients/customers think if you started a meeting with them by reading them testimonials you've gotten from other clients?? :lol:

Seriously. Take the letters home and read them to Misti. You can revel in the glow of all the people who love you there. But when you're doing your job, when you are communicating with the press regarding the football program, please stop with the emotional masturbation until the press conference is over. :rolleyes:

There is really nothing Hawk can say to make me happy right now. Every word out of his mouth pisses me off.

There is really nothing Hawk can say to make me happy right now. Every word out of his mouth pisses me off.

This.

Just looking at him raises my blood pressure. Listening to him talk is too much to handle. I get angry when I hear his voice.

i am listening to it now... i just got to the part where he is reading emails aloud.

this is really bizarre. what is he thinking?

i am listening to it now... i just got to the part where he is reading emails aloud.

this is really bizarre. what is he thinking?

whole thing is truly strange. i'm not sure, however, that a trip to the CU medical center is the same as tackling given Hawk's job description. I admire the fact he sees his job as active in the CU community and comprehensive that way...and that's good in terms of PR given the end and public perception (real or manufactured) of Barney's tenure....but, it's not the same as working on tackling.

I watched about 5 minutes. What a joke. He is totally clueless. He has no idea what he's doing. He keeps talking in platitudes about "working on this deal", or "talking to the kids about that deal". Holy cow, what a mess. :cry:

Wow, that presser is a cry for help....

Really, where can I get a job where I can lecture everybody how I know how to do the job, and get paid without regard to results?

I actually feel bad for him...I think he doesn't know what to do.

I mean honestly, you need the players to tell each other to strap it up to play on the road? Unbelievable.

I never played at the D1 level, but I played on the road, I never knew much difference. Maybe it's different in the big time, I really can't say...

Not the brother in law in Iraq again....

Last edited:
a lot of this "hey, i know what i'm doin....we've done it before" stuff is straight Hawk Year One. give him credit for staying on message however implausible it seemed then and now.

a lot of this "hey, i know what i'm doin....we've done it before" stuff is straight Hawk Year One. give him credit for staying on message however implausible it seemed then and now.

THEN it made sense. We could see the results. NOW it obvious the guy has succeeded in spite of his abilities, and because of the abilities of others.

listening to hansen now.

still a bit perplexed by the hawk presser...

Master of my domain? You have got to be kidding me. Nothing says big time BCS coach like quoting Seinfeld.

I'm waiting on the this ain't my first rodeo comment. Somebody should mention mutton busting doesn't count.

still a bit perplexed by the hawk presser...

Me too. I just got done listening to him talk about crazy plays and outcomes in footballs games he's seen for god knows how long, and why nothing is impossible. :lol:

Back