What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday: Press Conference

i am just not sure what to make of that presser.

here is some speculation, however...

obviously, hawkins is feeling the heat in a big way. as others have noted, he's gotten more surly and such with the press and fans and i think this was his attempt to pull that back in. i would speculate that he has been talked to about the need to continue to be a good spokesman for the school even when he is getting asked tough questions. what i heard today was a guy trying really hard to make a connection on a personal level with the listening audience. the anecdotes and the mea culpas and such are all tactics that one uses to personalize these types of things.

that doesn't mitigate the inherent weirdness of the presser... it was odd.

just win, hawk. just win. if you and your cronies would just deliver on the field, none of this other stuff would matter a wit.

Gawd, I started watching it, and 10 seconds into i already want to punch him in the face. I cant stand this asshole, it will be a great day in CU football when this POS is gone!!:sad2:

Geez, listening to Hawk is worse than getting hit in the head with a wrench. He needs more time, and he's not accountable for our overall record. It's a variety of things.

is the "unconditional support" of mike bohn the equivalent of a baseball manager getting the vote of confidence from the gm?

:cool:

Loved it. Most entertaining stuff I have watched in several months around CU football.

Hawk reading all the letters of support for him. He should read some of the letters asking him: "why we suck so much?"

any of you guys ever see the old movie, "the caine mutiny" with humphrey bogart?

at the end, the defense attorney breaks bogart's character, captain queeg, down on the stand and exposes all his looniness for the jury to see. queeg has this long monologue about how it was all these forces conspiring against him and such.

it just hit me. the presser reminded me a little of queeg at the end of the caine mutiny.

any of you guys ever see the old movie, "the caine mutiny" with humphrey bogart?

at the end, the defense attorney breaks bogart's character, captain queeg, down on the stand and exposes all his looniness for the jury to see. queeg has this long monologue about how it was all these forces conspiring against him and such.

it just hit me. the presser reminded me a little of queeg at the end of the caine mutiny.

Wacthing TCM last night Liver?:smile2:

"We're very young..."

"We're redshirting a lot of good players..."

:rofl2::rofl2:

Wacthing TCM last night Liver?:smile2:

naw, i just have a thing for old movies...

the caine mutiny is one of the best. you should watch it sometime if you've never seen it.

bogart is nails as the crazy captain.

I hope he continues to do this each and every week. I do not even need to think about CU football anymore this season. It is awesome.

"I'm not an idiot. I'm not a superman. I'm not a clown." per Hawk. And a monumental game for CU has become a 2-5 program against against a 4-3 MU.

Last edited:
"The people of Boulder Community Hospital are going to be fired up...":thumbsup:

Geez, listening to Hawk is worse than getting hit in the head with a wrench. He needs more time, and he's not accountable for our overall record. It's a variety of things.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Listening now. Sounds like a guy who is on his last leg. He really does not have any answers and is grasping at straws. Aw ****, here comes the emails and letters. WTF! Pathetic.

Still rebuilding.. **** after almost 3 years. Blame the last staff. How many Big XII North titles did the last staff have? It was not great when he got here, but still rebuilding. ****ing bull****.

I kinda feel sorry for him... I think he is genuinely a good man, but is way in over his head

I kinda feel sorry for him... I think he is genuinely a good man, but is way in over his head

i feel that way, too. and i think pretty much everyone here has pulled for him to succeed and willingly drank a crapton of kool-aid across 3 off-seasons and interminable summers. but, if the dog won't hunt....the dog won't hunt no matter how good a guy Hawk is.

i suppose there is an astronomical possibility Hawk is right about everything and we are ready to "pop" sometime...but it's how he's handled it that alienates me from the "cause".

i do think there's a very good chance we beat MU if only because that's the way this thing gets weirder, more perplexing, and makes being a Colorado football fan somehow more excruciating. an excess of drama is the way it goes with CU sports, imo.

another turn of the screw.

i feel that way, too. and i think pretty much everyone here has pulled for him to succeed and willingly drank a crapton of kool-aid across 3 off-seasons and interminable summers. but, if the dog won't hunt....the dog won't hunt no matter how good a guy Hawk is.

Diagnosis? Kool-aid poisoning.

What about it? He spent 20 minutes talking about nothing and talked in circles. He also spent time reading e-mails praising him. WTF is cool about any of that?

No matter what he does...he cant win. No way. And I get that, I want him gone too and have expressed that SEVERAL times to his boss. BUT, he was open, explaining what theyre doing and going to do and cordial with the media. Also, noticed a passion I havent seen there for awhile from him. My opinion. I know its a sin to post anything positive about Hawkins. Can I want him fired and appreciate something he did??

No matter what he does...he cant win. No way. And I get that, I want him gone too and have expressed that SEVERAL times to his boss. BUT, he was open, explaining what theyre doing and going to do and cordial with the media. Also, noticed a passion I havent seen there for awhile from him. My opinion. I know its a sin to post anything positive about Hawkins. Can I want him fired and appreciate something he did??

You say he was "open", what press conference did you watch? He just repeated the same bullcrap we have heard for a few months now. He basically said everything is close and that it is only a matter of time before things get turned around. How is that being "open" about the program? Oh yeah, he managed to squeeze in "we're young" about 5-6 times.:rolleyes: It is not a sin to post positive things about Hawkins, but that press conference was pitiful.

Back