What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tulsa smokes CSU, McElwhine on hot seat

"But Graham made McElwain put his some money where his mouth was when he talked about making a long-term commitment to CSU. Had he left during the first year of his contract, the buyout would have been $5 million. It's $4 million this year, $3 million the following year, $2 million the year after that and $1 million in the final year of the contract."
I cant find it, looks like time to FOIA?

"But Graham made McElwain put his some money where his mouth was when he talked about making a long-term commitment to CSU. Had he left during the first year of his contract, the buyout would have been $5 million. It's $4 million this year, $3 million the following year, $2 million the year after that and $1 million in the final year of the contract."
I cant find it, looks like time to FOIA?

That is McElwain's buyout. That is how much it costs McElwain if he wants to leave CSU to go to another team. That is not how much it costs CSU if CSU wants to fire him. If CSU wants to fire McElwain, they have to pay him everything that is left on the contract (unless they can find a way to terminate him for cause, which isn't very likely).

Generally speaking - when you hear the term "buyout" that refers to how much the coach would have to pay to leave the school to go to another team.

He signed a 5 year contract in 2012 at $1.35 million base salary plus easily attainable bonus money. If CSU fired him at the end of this year, they'd have ~$4 million owed on his contract.

CSU is irrelevant, so who gives a **** anyway.

I don't care how big a contract he got, his buyout isn't squat when compared to the $$$ they want to spend on a stadium.

The thing that is mind boggling is they hired an Offensive Guy and there offense isn't any better.

This is the silliest thing I've ever seen. CFB has changed folks. The Zone Read Spread stuff works. Anyone See BYU put like 600 yards on Texas yesterday in their "new" offense. This is a bunch of mostly white guys and Texas had no answer. Texas is not a bad defensive team, just a bad offensive team.

If you are going to rebuild, you either hire the best PROVEN head coach you can find, or you go hire a younger guy who "gets the new wave of offense". Hiring McElWhine and his old school offense was really Fairchild part Deux.

They should have hired Helfrich or somone from the Briles/Sumler tree. Or the guy at Mines..... At least as an offensive coordinator. Utah learned that the Norm Chow style is ancient. Doesn't scare anyone anymore.

I'd like to see CU open up our offense a lot more as well. That zone read when run correctly puts the fear of God into a Defense.

He signed a 5 year contract in 2012 at $1.35 million base salary plus easily attainable bonus money. If CSU fired him at the end of this year, they'd have ~$4 million owed on his contract.

CSU is irrelevant, so who gives a **** anyway.

His buyout is in the range of $1.3 Million or so. They don't have to pay his contract, just the buyout.

I don't care how big a contract he got, his buyout isn't squat when compared to the $$$ they want to spend on a stadium.

The thing that is mind boggling is they hired an Offensive Guy and there offense isn't any better.

This is the silliest thing I've ever seen. CFB has changed folks. The Zone Read Spread stuff works. Anyone See BYU put like 600 yards on Texas yesterday in their "new" offense. This is a bunch of mostly white guys and Texas had no answer. Texas is not a bad defensive team, just a bad offensive team.

If you are going to rebuild, you either hire the best PROVEN head coach you can find, or you go hire a younger guy who "gets the new wave of offense". Hiring McElWhine and his old school offense was really Fairchild part Deux.

They should have hired Helfrich or somone from the Briles/Sumler tree. Or the guy at Mines..... At least as an offensive coordinator. Utah learned that the Norm Chow style is ancient. Doesn't scare anyone anymore.

I'd like to see CU open up our offense a lot more as well. That zone read when run correctly puts the fear of God into a Defense.

Texas was horrific on defense last year. I think they were bottom 25.

CSU isn't going to fire Macelwhine. It's not like he's stinking the place up like Embree did. He came up against a better team in CU, and had a meltdown against Tulsa. CSU is not a terrible football team, they're just snakebit. Contrary to what some dip**** like Jizla says, the CSU job is a lot harder than the CU job.

I'm sure Jack Graham and he are promising a "sure' victory over cal-poly this week. He's Dan Hawkins.

That was hard to watch. He has no idea how to fix things. I may have been too optimistic about him. That presser was painful.

That was hard to watch. He has no idea how to fix things. I may have been too optimistic about him. That presser was painful.

The team plays better with Conner Smith at QB and not Garrett Grayson. Junior high kids in Ft. Collins know this, but Jim Mc does not....

That was hard to watch. But he cares more than Hawk ever did. Hawk (at least until the lynch mob was fully assembled) had always completely fooled himself and concocted his BS excuses by the time he took the mic.

lol awesome press conference. poor guy. definitely reminds me of the hawk presser post darrel Scott leaving.

Well duh. He's white

Embree was fired because he was incompetent, not because he was black. Looking at what MM has done with Embo's players should tell you that. Embree's team curls up in the fetal position and gives up last night.

Embree was fired because he was incompetent, not because he was black. Looking at what MM has done with Embo's players should tell you that. Embree's team curls up in the fetal position and gives up last night.

Did you really miss the sarcasm in Timmy's post?

Well, I admit, I chose the title of this thread because I felt like Tulsa would crush them, and in fact, the Rams played way better than I expected on a short week with travel, in 98 degree heat. Tulsa is not a very good team then.

Still, they aren't going to have the season they were telling people they would have. 5 of their top 6 on the Oline will graduate I believe....

He just looks like he has no idea why they didn't win.
He had not clue last week either. I think he has bought into the hype that the AD at CSU is putting out or something. he cannot fathom that they are not that good. Sorry son, you don't coach Bama anymore. Time to wake up to reality and outcoach someone.

He had not clue last week either. I think he has bought into the hype that the AD at CSU is putting out or something. he cannot fathom that they are not that good. Sorry son, you don't coach Bama anymore. Time to wake up to reality and outcoach someone.

Motivating kids at Bama' is a whole different ballgame. "Son, you best get it in gear or I'm putting somebody else in your place and he's good enough that you may never play again." Try that at CSU and the guy looks at his backup and says "Yeah, right."

It's also a lot easier to look smart when your kids are bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled than your opponents.

Back