What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Turning heads

Why oh why oh why don't our defensive backs turn their heads toward the ball? How many throws coming in to the receiver that are caught could've been knocked down or even intercepted if our defender WOULD JUST TURN HIS HEAD!?
Thought the same thing. WTF?

Thanks to Alabama's current DBs coach for ALL the fine teaching he did with the Buffs' DBs the two seasons, prior to this one!

Shell shock is a terrible thing to overcome. Crawley's suffering from it big time!

Thanks to Alabama's current DBs coach for ALL the fine teaching he did with the Buffs' DBs the two seasons, prior to this one!

Shell shock is a terrible thing to overcome. Crawley's suffering from it big time!
Hate on Greg Brown all you want, but he's, at least from what everyone says, a pretty good position coach. But then, I admit, I'm going by reputation.

Hate on Greg Brown all you want, but he's, at least from what everyone says, a pretty good position coach. But then, I admit, I'm going by reputation.

Problem was, he didn't really have time to teach with all of his other responsibilities. Grad assistants were doing a good deal of the fundamental instruction.

Problem was, he didn't really have time to teach with all of his other responsibilities. Grad assistants were doing a good deal of the fundamental instruction.
This is true. We went from a part time coach for all DBs to two full time coaches...one for safeties and one for corners. They are playing better, but have a ways to go for sure.

Which is what you'd expect given he was miscast as a DC. Anyway, I'm not trying to defend the guy.

It's also hard to get better at CB given the speed of the college game when you don't have a quarterback that can't throw on a rope or tall, fast WRs that run good routes and are physical. Same with TEs and our OLBs.

You get the idea that our DB's are actually being told to play for the tackle rather than the ball. Perhaps this means that the coaches don't trust the open-field tackling abilities of our safeties?

You get the idea that our DB's are actually being told to play for the tackle rather than the ball. Perhaps this means that the coaches don't trust the open-field tackling abilities of our safeties?

Until you are on the sidelines and hear the coaching staff yelling turn. MM emphasizes turnovers, he's not going to coach the players to play for the tackle.

Back