What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Turnovers are always important, but may be more important tomorrow

Neither three and outs or turnovers are desirable (obviously).

I think a multi INT game would set off some alarms about Sefo's overall play. That is a debate none of us wants to see.

I think a multi INT game would set off some alarms about Sefo's overall play. That is a debate none of us wants to see.

Clearly, I'm being a little obtuse because I want a better discussion than "this game comes down to turnovers."

Sefo has shown so far that he's likely to have several hurries and at least one bad decision each game. I hope to see some progress there, but that's my current expectation. How much weekly film study or practice can really teach a QB when to be patient and find the open receiver, or throw it away before the pass rush hits? His overall field awareness needs improvement. Do you expect to see that this week?

I talked about INTs and only INTs in the OP for a reason. This game is on Sefo. We need him to take care of the football.

I believe that debate has already started

This game is on Sefo and the OL. We have been horrible most of the time. We have had a couple of great catches by Spruce and some hard fought yardage by our running backs. Other than that it has looked like a dumpster fire no matter how much "we are getting better" speeches by HCMM. At the rate we are improving we might get to a bowl in 2020.

It would be great to have an upperclassman QB, or a 5 star freshman, but we don't.

What we have is a guy who has not played one full year yet as a starter. Good and bad moments, but he is progressing and has the teams respect. If he gets some decent pass blocking, which would help promote confidence and comfort, he could have his breakout performance soon (coupled with some running game of course). To me the hold up is more the O-line more than Sefo's maturation.

I think Sefo is really close to taking a step up and solidifying. I even think the O line is close to taking another step up.

TO's key as already mentioned so we find out soon enough.

The incorrect usage of the word "unique" in this thread is making me grumpy.

At least one person got it. Actually, I completely agree with you Duff. As cliche as it sounds, winning the turnover battle and starting fast are the two most important factors to this game in my opinion. I hope those in attendance witness a better showing than the 2010 debacle.

Back