What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TV Scheduling & Revenue in 2010

Buff_since76

Still a fan...
Club Member
In recent years CU has done all kinds of weird (dumb) things in scheduling in order to be on TV. Due to the big 12 setup, CU received their payout based on the number of TV sets that watched the Buffs play. Now that we are forfeiting 80% of our big 12 TV payout in 2010, does Bohn say “Screw you guys, we are playing every game on Saturday at 1:30!”
Last year we had the god awful set up of a Sunday night game followed by a Friday night game, which I believe helped add to our poor performance on TV. Bohn realizes this year is about the w/l record, not the fact we were on TV 10 of 12 games. I think this year we will have nice start times to every game, and will do as little as possible to get the game on TV. In fact I would say it is in the Buffs favor to make sure that if people want to see the game, they go and buy a ticket instead of staying home and watching on TV.

As one who can only make it to two or three games a year, I want the buffs on tv as much as possible, but not at the expense of playing two games in 5 days.

Would be nice if CU played the games later in the afternoon, maybe started at like 5 or 6 so they weren't in the sweltering heat and I could get some stuff done during the first part of the day. These games before about 4pm pretty much take up the entire day. Maybe start them all at 7pm and call them night games... That would be nice!

Would be nice if CU played the games later in the afternoon, maybe started at like 5 or 6 so they weren't in the sweltering heat and I could get some stuff done during the first part of the day. These games before about 4pm pretty much take up the entire day. Maybe start them all at 7pm and call them night games... That would be nice!

By getting stuff done during the first part of the day, do you mean more drinking at the tailgate? Home games should be an all day event no matter the start time.

Back