What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Two Glaring weaknesses on this team...

It seemed to me that Moniz had as much pressure on him as did Hansen. The difference was, if Moniz's first read wasn't open, the play didn't result in a sack.

What I saw as the difference is that for the most part, Hawaii's line was able to funnel the pressure to the outside around Moniz opening up passing/running lanes in the middle. Whereas our interior line was getting blown straight backwards into Hansen's lap or getting beat right up the middle all night except for a couple drives in the 3rd. JMO, but I don't think it would have mattered if we'd had Joe Montana back there taking snaps.

The oline got thrown around we all know that but Tyler didnt help at all. When you take a 3 step drop, you gotta get rid of the ball. If it isnt there, run or throw the ****er away. Another thing, is it just me or does Tyler look awkward in his drop? Id have to watch again, I was too pissed off to watch the replay.

What I saw as the difference is that for the most part, Hawaii's line was able to funnel the pressure to the outside around Moniz opening up passing/running lanes in the middle. Whereas our interior line was getting blown straight backwards into Hansen's lap or getting beat right up the middle all night except for a couple drives in the 3rd. JMO, but I don't think it would have mattered if we'd had Joe Montana back there taking snaps.
I agree with this. It seems that most of our pressure came from the outside. I also think we brought more people at Moniz - so he probably had better running lanes and throwing lanes than Hansen did. You're right - our O-line was bad. The 2nd and 20's killed us. We were constantly in a 2nd and 20. The O-line play was bad but Hansen has to get rid of the ball. I think he has always struggled moving through his reads quickly. Who knows? Maybe no one was open. But at least get rid of the ball.

Back