What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

I'd be good with Miles, but if we are going to throw big money at a former coach, I would personally try to convince Carol Stoops that Bob should get back in the game. He's only 58.

And I didn't follow the Nixon video incident closely, obviously if that makes it a non-starter, I rescind the above.

Stoops purposely got out of coaching so he could enjoy himself at a fairly young age. Ain't happening.

Looks like it's clean and clear as of yesterday.

Miles let LSU off the hook to the tune of $5 million, agreeing to take a $1.5 million lump sum to settle the remaining $6.5 million buyout the school contractually owed the 65-year-old. Five million dollars? That’s enough to hire two more Dave Arandas. The school could buy a Manhattan penthouse apartment and decorate it with Mardi Gras beads and Cajun cookbooks. It could own a 145-foot yacht and sail around the world to teach the rest of this planet the lyrics of "Callin’ Baton Rouge." Heck, LSU could buy a small island in Belize.

There are more jobs to pop up. Colorado could be an option if the Buffs do fire Mike MacIntyr (Miles has ties there having served for five years as offensive line coach in the 1980s and he would be very interested, those close to him say).
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/11/15/les-miles-lsu-buyout-kansas-colorado-coaching-search

Article says ' miles would be very interested in the cu job those close to him say'
Ooohh da baby! Unless him and the ku ad are besties, I really doubt he'd go there. Cu is better than ku, in football, in every category especially current talent. I really doubt a 65 yo man wants to spend 3 years just to get the current cu talent.

Article says ' miles would be very interested in the cu job those close to him say'
Ooohh da baby! Unless him and the ku ad are besties, I really doubt he'd go there. Cu is better than ku, in football, in every category especially current talent. I really doubt a 65 yo man wants to spend 3 years just to get the current cu talent.
Miles has been interested in many, many jobs. You ever wonder why he hasn’t been hired?

drop it...I was talked off the ledge 30 min later..I'm wearing my black & gold right now at work and am rooting for a big win tomorrow
but alas ...Miles twas just a dream ..that ship has sailed
You seem awfully sure of this. Why?

Miles has been interested in many, many jobs. You ever wonder why he hasn’t been hired?
I wonder. Can you enlighten us?

I'd guess he's not desperate for money, for starters. Part of the stipulation with LSU was that he had to actively pursue jobs - that doesn't mean he had to feign interest. Maybe he's nuts or out of touch, or simply lost his drive. On the other hand, he may have been content to take a break, collect his $1.5m/year, and recharge while waiting for a job he actually wanted. One thing I know, it's Rick George's job to figure these things out, whoever he goes after.

I really have a hard time believing LM ends up in Kansas. It may happen but even if RG didn't want to go that route, I cannot believe with all the coaching turnover this time of year there were not more interesting opportunities for him.

Miles was NOT our primary target. Can't get names of who are our targets - any talk is being well contained. But George has been working on this for well over a year in case it was needed. I know - Captain Obvious. But this isn't something he's just getting started on and was blindsided by KU going after Miles.

Miles was NOT our primary target. Can't get names of who are our targets - any talk is being well contained. But George has been working on this for well over a year in case it was needed. I know - Captain Obvious. But this isn't something he's just getting started on and was blindsided by KU going after Miles.
RG is a sneaky man

Can't imagine RG doesn't have a plan. Will be very interesting to see who his top target is.

Can't imagine RG doesn't have a plan. Will be very interesting to see who his top target is.
I´m sure like the rest of us RG was hoping HCMM would lead us back to glory but he must be stoked about the opportunity to go after and get a world class coach of his own choosing.

the dude is in line to move up quickly in the nfl. i would think he wouldn't take an assistant job at ku.
Hell, he’s even getting talked up for HC jobs like USC. @onealcd - was it you who heard Colin Cowherd suggest that?

I wonder. Can you enlighten us?

I'd guess he's not desperate for money, for starters. Part of the stipulation with LSU was that he had to actively pursue jobs - that doesn't mean he had to feign interest. Maybe he's nuts or out of touch, or simply lost his drive. On the other hand, he may have been content to take a break, collect his $1.5m/year, and recharge while waiting for a job he actually wanted. One thing I know, it's Rick George's job to figure these things out, whoever he goes after.
He’s a dud.

So weird to go to KU. I’ll be very curious to find out why that was his choice.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Back