What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

I can’t believe all you homers that think RG has a plan. Hahahahahaha. What gives you all any confidence that this guy is worth his own ass? He has proven nothing.

Watched a couple old clips of Les Miles at press conferences. Seems a little too “good ol’ boy” for Boulder anyway, probably for the best.

Really curious on who the target(s) are for the job (as is everyone).

Watched a couple old clips of Les Miles at press conferences. Seems a little too “good ol’ boy” for Boulder anyway, probably for the best.

Really curious on who the target(s) are for the job (as is everyone).

I've heard the name Matt Wells from Klatt the other day on the fan and now Bruce Feldman. I'd think he's on RG's list-They're 9-1 with a game in Fort Collins tomorrow and then at Boise next week. He's been there six years, and this will be the third time he's won at least 9 games in a season. Intriguing for sure.

I've heard the name Matt Wells from Klatt the other day on the fan and now Bruce Feldman. I'd think he's on RG's list-They're 9-1 with a game in Fort Collins tomorrow and then at Boise next week. He's been there six years, and this will be the third time he's won at least 9 games in a season. Intriguing for sure.
I can't get excited by Utah State.

Heard that too but he sounds like just another coach from a G5 school with little or no P5 coordinator experience. I can only hope that RG's target is set much higher than this.

Dear Lord, let's hope not.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Any school who wanted Les would've paid an enormous sum for him. There's no way KU football could outbid all the schools who had vacancies the last 2 years. I know he's friends with the AD but I, being a rational human being, wouldn't coach KU football even if my best friend was the AD. No one in their right mind would make this decision and maybe that signifies that CU dodged a bullet here

Any school who wanted Les would've paid an enormous sum for him. There's no way KU football could outbid all the schools who had vacancies the last 2 years. I know he's friends with the AD but I, being a rational human being, wouldn't coach KU football even if my best friend was the AD. No one in their right mind would make this decision and maybe that signifies that CU dodged a bullet here
KU has an insane amount booster money. If they want to throw it out there, they can.

OTOH, KU football will always be 2nd fiddle, so if he can get them to a bowl game semi regularly he'll be revered.

les got paid. watch and see -- big huge money. multiple years, guaranteed. he made a good move and i wish him well unless we were to play them. if CU were serious about les, he'd be here. that requires a give and take.

we don't know what we don't know. but, i do know that if you want to win now, CU is a far better gig than ku. this is about total fit and more. both sides have to want something to work.

I'm priming myself to be ready for disappointment. I'm not sure if there's anyone out there that I'd like better than Miles. I need to do more research....and more drinking.

I like the Mad Hatter, but he's not getting any younger, and I had concerns about how that would work when we were thinking RG was going all in on him. We don't need another Chuck Fairbanks situation.

I also think that, unless KU threw money RG didn't care to commit to matching, Miles would have been more partial to CU than KU. He's been here, had success here, and KU is a football wasteland where basketball will always come first.

Back