What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

U$C Nailed

All of a sudden Hawkins has become a "coach"? Everyone has hated him for the last year but now because of the Pac expansion, everyone is so happy they love Hawkins again. Probably a good thing because I bet he will be retained.

I think a lot of people are happy because we can afford/attract a new coach more easily now, to be honest.

Where did you see euphoria over Hawk's presence on the sideline?

All of a sudden Hawkins has become a "coach"? Everyone has hated him for the last year but now because of the Pac expansion, everyone is so happy they love Hawkins again. Probably a good thing because I bet he will be retained.

Did you hurt yourself on that leap of logic there Gate? Holy moly.

does anyone know if this is just for the reggie bush stuff? didn't they have something going on with another running back this past year or two, really nice car that was not his kinda thing? is the basketball/oj mayo cash payouts part of this also? if not, wow, usc is really going to get nailed, a complete lack of "institutional control".

does anyone know if this is just for the reggie bush stuff? didn't they have something going on with another running back this past year or two, really nice car that was not his kinda thing? is the basketball/oj mayo cash payouts part of this also? if not, wow, usc is really going to get nailed, a complete lack of "institutional control".

Pretty sure this all stems from Reggie Bush and his eligibility from 2004 on.

How does telling him to grab used Trojans mean we love him now? He's the only coach we've got at the moment, unfortunately. I'd love to tell Al Golden or Will Muschamp to grab them for us, but they aren't our coach at the moment.

gateway mad. every school does it, right?

When have I ever said "every school does it"? Probably there are mistakes made in most programs...but I doubt Pete Carroll had a hand in the slimy Bush famiy's personal dealings down in San Diego. Did stepdad getting the use of a house make Reggie Bush a better football player? I don't think so.

Yeah...I'm pissed off because it's not that I didn't expect tough sanctions, but because the NCAA loves to take down successful programs over stupid, stupid stuff.

When have I ever said "every school does it"? Probably there are mistakes made in most programs...but I doubt Pete Carroll had a hand in the slimy Bush famiy's personal dealings down in San Diego. Did stepdad getting the use of a house make Reggie Bush a better football player? I don't think so.

Yeah...I'm pissed off because it's not that I didn't expect tough sanctions, but because the NCAA loves to take down successful programs over stupid, stupid stuff.

The question isn't whether it made him a better football player. The question is whether it made him a USC football player.

Like Oklahoma and Ohio State. Right. I see the logic being employed here. It's all very consistent.

"The committee seriously considered the imposition of a television ban as a penalty in this case ... was a very close call."
This part could potentially have hurt our pockets, as (for the moment) USC is still the crown jewel of the Pac 10 TV $$$ wise

The question isn't whether it made him a better football player. The question is whether it made him a USC football player.

I think they moved into that house during Reggie's last season....step dad was wheeling/dealing with the owner, the guy that was to start a sports agency with slime ball/step dad.

I think Leinert's dad bought him a place on the beach. (Dad must be loaded) Apparently, players from the team lived their rent free.

Just saw Keyshawn Johnson decrying how the ncaa just went by hearsay and had no proof of wrongdoing. :cry:

No it was more like Leinharts dad paid the total rent buy keyshawn paid less than half. Minor infraction, but one nonetheless.

No it was more like Leinharts dad paid the total rent buy keyshawn paid less than half. Minor infraction, but one nonetheless.

That can't be right. Johnson was long gone when Leinart played there. Plus, I thought there were more than one player. But, no big deal. Thats just what I thought.

I heard on espn that sc is losing around 30 scholarships. Crazy. Does anyone have the breakdown on that number? What sports? How many per year? etc.

LINK

2 year bowl ban and 20 schollies...

I got a laugh out of this: "Asked if the sanctions were appropriate, a source said, "It depends how you look at it. It is if you're a UCLA fan."

So, I'm assuming they also lost 10 in basketball. Man, this is a big owie for $c. Too bad Pete Carroll, that piece of ****, got away scott free.

I think Leinert's dad bought him a place on the beach. (Dad must be loaded) Apparently, players from the team lived their rent free.

Just saw Keyshawn Johnson decrying how the ncaa just went by hearsay and had no proof of wrongdoing. :cry:

He didn't buy a place on the beach....he paid for an apartment just off campus (where you wouldn't want YOUR kids to live) and then sub-let half of it to his player/roommate. It wasn't Keyshawn...I think it was Mike Williams. Supposedly there was no infraction.

I got a laugh out of this: "Asked if the sanctions were appropriate, a source said, "It depends how you look at it. It is if you're a UCLA fan."

So, I'm assuming they also lost 10 in basketball. Man, this is a big owie for $c. Too bad Pete Carroll, that piece of ****, got away scott free.

Why is Pete Carroll a piece of ****? Because he couldn't control Reggie and his slum parents? 619?

Reggie Bush will no longer have USC to fall back on and who knows how long he will play pro? He's not exactly burning up the place. Screw him and his family. They will go down as bringing USC down. That's what will be their legacy.

He didn't buy a place on the beach....he paid for an apartment just off campus (where you wouldn't want YOUR kids to live) and then sub-let half of it to his player/roommate. It wasn't Keyshawn...I think it was Mike Williams. Supposedly there was no infraction.
Thanks for straightening that dumbass SCB out! :lol:

Thanks for the clarification.

Isn't their big fan site weareSC ? Like, we are So Caught?

One of the Fox sports hacks brought up a good point -- if the ncaa really wanted to hurt u$c they could have let them keep the wins but taken all the money they made from tv/merchandise/bowl payouts. Nice thot. Good luck on that one.

I heard on espn that sc is losing around 30 scholarships. Crazy. Does anyone have the breakdown on that number? What sports? How many per year? etc.

30 footbal schollies. 10 per year 2011-2013. They are allowed 75 schollies at a time (not 85) which will be a much bigger problem for them than the 30 lost.

There classes will be smaller, but they'll still be 4* average I'm guessing.

Address of that apartment.... 101 Futurebust Drive. :smile2:

Back