What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UA is killing it on the recruiting trail - added Alonzo Trier

The thing with KU that's so different than UA is that no one in the Big 12 believes they should take KU to win the conference title in any given year. They may believe they've got a shot in a particular year, but they also know that they're going to be an underdog. In the Pac-12, UA has the target on them but they don't intimidate or remove hope the way that KU did & does.

I'm not so sure it's as much of a UA thing as it is the Pac12 being such a better basketball conference top to bottom than the Big12 historically. If you put KU in the Pac I'm not sure that KU would intimidate the Pac the way they do the Big12.

This is one of the biggest downsides of the internet, giving troglodytes an anonymous forum in which to voice their opinions. Keep carrying the flag of a university you never sniffed the inside of.

I went to Arizona, but if I didn't your telling me I shouldn't be a UofA basketball fan. I support all UofA Athletics but none at the level of men's basketball. I know some people who moved to Tucson from out of state and became fans. They actually are one of the big boosters who donated 7 million to the McKale renovation. Should there money be giving back? Are they less of a fan because they graduate from somewhere Else? What about pro sports no school to attend and they have fan bases. Maybe it's because your a Colorado fan and basketball does not mean what it does in Tucson. Hard for you to understand why someone like the booster mentioned above would do what he did. Arizona Basketball just means more.

I went to Arizona, but if I didn't your telling me I shouldn't be a UofA basketball fan. I support all UofA Athletics but none at the level of men's basketball. I know some people who moved to Tucson from out of state and became fans. They actually are one of the big boosters who donated 7 million to the McKale renovation. Should there money be giving back? Are they less of a fan because they graduate from somewhere Else? What about pro sports no school to attend and they have fan bases. Maybe it's because your a Colorado fan and basketball does not mean what it does in Tucson. Hard for you to understand why someone like the booster mentioned above would do what he did. Arizona Basketball just means more.

:lol:

no you didn't. i have no problem with non-alumni being fans of athletic programs. i just usually find its the non-alumni who are the most verbose and embarrassing.

no you didn't. i have no problem with non-alumni being fans of athletic programs. i just usually find its the non-alumni who are the most verbose and embarrassing.

I second this. There is no possible way you could have even filled out the application properly.

So did I and dear God I hope you didn't actually go to Arizona. What an embarrassment. If U.S. News could verify this information UofA would drop thirty spots in next year's edition of Best Colleges.

I second this. There is no possible way you could have even filled out the application properly.

Did you care to grade the post you just Seconded? No of course not moron. Why don't you come back with more stuff related to the topic, and I will say this slowly for you Baaaasketball! I know it is hard for you to come back with anything to do with Colorado basketball because of last season. Maybe you could try though, dig deep. Will Colorado Challenge Arizona this coming season........ Will Xavier Johnson run his mouth........ Will Boyle be embarrassed on National television???? You know if you want the rivalry against Arizona so bad, getting smashed by close to 30 won't cut it.

We've had some amusing trolls over the years, but this is not one of them. More of a Big12 level troll, IMO.

Did you care to grade the post you just Seconded? No of course not moron. Why don't you come back with more stuff related to the topic, and I will say this slowly for you Baaaasketball! I know it is hard for you to come back with anything to do with Colorado basketball because of last season. Maybe you could try though, dig deep. Will Colorado Challenge Arizona this coming season........ Will Xavier Johnson run his mouth........ Will Boyle be embarrassed on National television???? You know if you want the rivalry against Arizona so bad, getting smashed by close to 30 won't cut it.

OK. You're right. We really like you. I know that's important to you for some reason.

sally-fields.jpg

the credibility of your "university" goes down every single time you mess up your vs. you're. a typo every so often is one thing, but i honestly don't think you understand the difference between the two words. bear down, internet troll, bear down.

BB2 has a brother in Arizona, who would have thought?

Jesus Tity ****ing Christ you are terrible

Serious question will Colorado Challenge Arizona? I don't know much about your new guys coming in, but know Josh Scott is a very skilled and talented big. One of the best in the conference. My opinion he will for sure make it in the NBA. Xavier Johnson though I don't like his demeanor can hit the three at a very high clip. Dinwiddie not sure if he is gone, but if not is a very good floor general. I'm not a big fan of Tad Boyle think he wines a lot, but that could be my Arizona bias. He is a very good coach and belongs in the top tier of the Pac. I would place your crowd at # 2 in the conference behind Arizona. I feel as though you guys have taking over washington's spot in the conference.

Serious question will Colorado Challenge Arizona? I don't know much about your new guys coming in, but know Josh Scott is a very skilled and talented big. One of the best in the conference. My opinion he will for sure make it in the NBA. Xavier Johnson though I don't like his demeanor can hit the three at a very high clip. Dinwiddie not sure if he is gone, but if not is a very good floor general. I'm not a big fan of Tad Boyle think he wines a lot, but that could be my Arizona bias. He is a very good coach and belongs in the top tier of the Pac. I would place your crowd at # 2 in the conference behind Arizona. I feel as though you guys have taking over washington's spot in the conference.

Yes, Dinwiddie was drafted by the Pistons so he is gone. Appreciate the praise for scott. It will be an awesome matchup with Tarczewski when we do square off. Two of the premier bigs out West.

Obviously I view AZ as the favorite in the Pac but I don't see them as unbeatable. There are very few, if any, unbeatable teams left in college hoops.

As far as Tad being a whiner goes, I think this is the nature of fandom. I always think most of the opposing coaches are babies and that most of the calls going against the Buffs are terrible. It comes with having a rooting interest.

Edit-I just realized, you were probably trying to write that Tad wins a lot but your lack of spelling fundamentals didn't allow you to convey your thoughts properly. In this case I agree with you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of Tad Boyle think he wines a lot, but that could be my Arizona bias.

Jesus man, everything you are spewing is just Arizona bias. You went to a school with a great basketball program. Do you feel personally vindicated in life because of Arizona winning or Colorado losing/being "embarrassed?"

You've got some personal **** to sort out if this is how you get off.

The thing is, we can't match Arizona's size or depth. Also, the two teams play a very similar style so these games aren't going to be a matter of a bad style matchup for anyone.

CU can probably hang in the front court and on the glass this year. Buffs may be able to win the stat sheet (points & rebounds) from the 3, 4 and 5. Scott and XJ are both guys who have commanded double teams from Miller in past games. Gordon you didn't really get to see last year and never saw when healthy. Zeus, Ashley, Hollis-Jefferson and Johnson is a stacked front court for you guys. I like McConnell and York in your back court, but they're not that big and I also think they can be defended very well if a team has enough in the front court not to have to cheat off those guys.

What it really comes down to for CU against you guys in 2014-15 is whether we can take care of the ball and knock down shots (assuming our front court neutralizes yours). CU has to do all of those things to keep Arizona from getting too many easy baskets. If the Buffs can force Arizona into a possession-for-possession game, either team can win this year.

Advantage Arizona, but no more than it would have been last year if both teams had been at full strength. At full strength, CU as the team that broke Oregon's win streak and beat Kansas. It's a shame that we didn't get the games everyone wanted to see as both fan bases were watching the non-conference games and looking ahead. You guys lost Ashley. We lost Dinwiddie and Fletcher while Gordon was either playing hurt or not playing down the stretch. Hopefully both teams will be fully healthy and we fans will get some great entertainment this season.

I'm predicting a home/home split with things getting decided in the Pac-12 tourney. Then both teams seeing the 2nd weekend of the Dance with UA favored to make at least the Regional Final but the Buffs probably needing an upset to get there.

P.S. They Boyle feeling is your UA bias. We've bitched about Miller some, too. But the truth is that there are 3 coaches in the Pac-12 other than Boyle that we respect and kind of like in spite of our inclination to hate everyone: Miller, Krystkowiak and Romar. Monty had been in that group. Dude was a master when it came to drawing up situational plays.

The thing is, we can't match Arizona's size or depth. Also, the two teams play a very similar style so these games aren't going to be a matter of a bad style matchup for anyone.

CU can probably hang in the front court and on the glass this year. Buffs may be able to win the stat sheet (points & rebounds) from the 3, 4 and 5. Scott and XJ are both guys who have commanded double teams from Miller in past games. Gordon you didn't really get to see last year and never saw when healthy. Zeus, Ashley, Hollis-Jefferson and Johnson is a stacked front court for you guys. I like McConnell and York in your back court, but they're not that big and I also think they can be defended very well if a team has enough in the front court not to have to cheat off those guys.

What it really comes down to for CU against you guys in 2014-15 is whether we can take care of the ball and knock down shots (assuming our front court neutralizes yours). CU has to do all of those things to keep Arizona from getting too many easy baskets. If the Buffs can force Arizona into a possession-for-possession game, either team can win this year.

Advantage Arizona, but no more than it would have been last year if both teams had been at full strength. At full strength, CU as the team that broke Oregon's win streak and beat Kansas. It's a shame that we didn't get the games everyone wanted to see as both fan bases were watching the non-conference games and looking ahead. You guys lost Ashley. We lost Dinwiddie and Fletcher while Gordon was either playing hurt or not playing down the stretch. Hopefully both teams will be fully healthy and we fans will get some great entertainment this season.

I'm predicting a home/home split with things getting decided in the Pac-12 tourney. Then both teams seeing the 2nd weekend of the Dance with UA favored to make at least the Regional Final but the Buffs probably needing an upset to get there.

P.S. They Boyle feeling is your UA bias. We've bitched about Miller some, too. But the truth is that there are 3 coaches in the Pac-12 other than Boyle that we respect and kind of like in spite of our inclination to hate everyone: Miller, Krystkowiak and Romar. Monty had been in that group. Dude was a master when it came to drawing up situational plays.

Nice insight to how a Colorado fan views it. I agree seeing both teams at full Strength would have been nice. Had Colorado had all there parts the games would have been closer. I think there is a good chance you guys could grab the game in boulder. Why, for 1 Coors is usually a tough place to play and couple that with some revenge. PAC 12 tourney one thing for sure both fan bases would take over Vegas!

Yes, Dinwiddie was drafted by the Pistons so he is gone. Appreciate the praise for scott. It will be an awesome matchup with Tarczewski when we do square off. Two of the premier bigs out West.

Obviously I view AZ as the favorite in the Pac but I don't see them as unbeatable. There are very few, if any, unbeatable teams left in college hoops.

As far as Tad being a whiner goes, I think this is the nature of fandom. I always think most of the opposing coaches are babies and that most of the calls going against the Buffs are terrible. It comes with having a rooting interest.

Edit-I just realized, you were probably trying to write that Tad wins a lot but your lack of spelling fundamentals didn't allow you to convey your thoughts properly. In this case I agree with you. :thumbsup:

Unbeatable teams are a thing of the past. Wooden era

Mods, where do I report a broken link? One of the basketball forum topics links to an ESPN message board.

Last edited:
So this is my first post on your forum. I'm an Arizona fan and alumni. I have nothing but respect for what Boyle has done with your program, and it's great for the Pac 12 to have your program as a part of the league. I live and die with my team, however I try to keep my perspective as unbiased as possible. We are indeed doing well on the recruiting trail, however I am of the belief that the programs such as yours engender our success. Would Miller be at Arizona if the Pac 12 were league dominated by one team (a la KU in the B12)? Likely not.

All props to your program, and I look forward to great battles in the future. Best of luck to you all, except of course for 2 or maybe 3 days a year!

So this is my first post on your forum. I'm an Arizona fan and alumni. I have nothing but respect for what Boyle has done with your program, and it's great for the Pac 12 to have your program as a part of the league. I live and die with my team, however I try to keep my perspective as unbiased as possible. We are indeed doing well on the recruiting trail, however I am of the belief that the programs such as yours engender our success. Would Miller be at Arizona if the Pac 12 were league dominated by one team (a la KU in the B12)? Likely not.

All props to your program, and I look forward to great battles in the future. Best of luck to you all, except of course for 2 or maybe 3 days a year!

You guys really sell UCLA short.

Welcome, Wildcat fan. It's nice to have a logical representative of your school stop by for a chat. It's my hope we get more members from each school in the Pac to post around here. Things are more fun when you get a friendly rivalry going and being the new kids on the block we are still trying to establish that.

Arizona is doing very well on the recruiting trail and I see no signs that indicate your b-ball program is trending anywhere but up.

^^This^^

League strength props us all up.

UA is going to have the target on its back and likely remain the best of us.

I would assume that Arizona fans would prefer having a brutally tough Pac-12 that they didn't always win... but always got the team battle-tested and prepared to make a run in the Dance (a la Michigan State) over having a KU situation with a team that hasn't been through the wars and struggles to win 4-6 straight against NCAA Tourney level competition because of it.

We're happy to be your Wisconsin.

Back