What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Coaching Search?

It's a good hire if Neal comes with him. He's the brains and recruiting guru at New Mexico.

Agreed. I think they are the Alabama of basketball which meant nobody was really welcomed at Alabama because they weren't Bear Bryant. They have unrealistic expectations because of their phenomenal past success, which creates a perpetual cycle of failure. Not to say they can't still draw great coaches, but even that really isn't enough.
With that mentality they'll rise again?

I'm not sure I understand the implications of fUcla not contacting NM's AD before dealing with Alford and his agent. Prolly nothing the ncaa can do even if they frown upon such dealings. Could NM initiate legal action and would it be worth the effort?

I'm not sure I understand the implications of fUcla not contacting NM's AD before dealing with Alford and his agent. Prolly nothing the ncaa can do even if they frown upon such dealings. Could NM initiate legal action and would it be worth the effort?

Not conacting the AD, either Alford or Guererro, is bush league. Shows true colors and suggests just how desperate fUCLA may have been to not extend that common courtesy.

Legal action against what? You signed Alford to a ten year extension, but don't increase the buyout immediately!? Bonehead move and opportunistic on fUCLAs part.

You never know how things will pan out. Some say Alford faided at Iowa but that is a tough place to win, they have not been tearing it up since he left. I think Alford is a good coach, I don't know how well he will recruit but I assume he will do okay.

He us going to be coaching a lot more talent then he has had in the past. Fans blasted UCLA for hiring Mora in football and that looked pretty good after the first year.

You never know how things will pan out. Some say Alford faided at Iowa but that is a tough place to win, they have not been tearing it up since he left. I think Alford is a good coach, I don't know how well he will recruit but I assume he will do okay.

He us going to be coaching a lot more talent then he has had in the past. Fans blasted UCLA for hiring Mora in football and that looked pretty good after the first year.

as noted in other threads I think Howland had just worn out his welcome, Adam touched on it on Pachoops today, but this is change for the sake of change, that might accidentally wind up being a good move.

http://pachoops.com/2013/04/steve-alford-is-no-april-fools/

Does it matter? Didn't they have the #1 or 2 ranked class last year. Who cares who comes, they will not be hurting for talent.

It matters. But at least as important, Neal was the main game planner at UNM.

:rofl:
[video=youtube;ED_cXHNPJic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ED_cXHNPJic[/video]

In the end it may end up being a great hire. You never know in the world of sports, it may just be the perfect fit. In the mean time just point and laugh at UCLA.

Steve Alford did not handle his tenure at Iowa well. Google Pierre Pierce and his stellar career at Iowa.

Shortly after talking the job Alford landed his first commitment, his son Bryce. Solid prospect but at a place like UCLA he could have gotten someone better. I'm certainly not complaining however about nepotism diluting the quality of their recruiting class or as we witnessed first hand the problems that could potentially be created by having your own child on your team. He also has another son who will be a walk-on on the team.

Shortly after talking the job Alford landed his first commitment, his son Bryce. Solid prospect but at a place like UCLA he could have gotten someone better. I'm certainly not complaining however about nepotism diluting the quality of their recruiting class or as we witnessed first hand the problems that could potentially be created by having your own child on your team. He also has another son who will be a walk-on on the team.
He didn't think about consulting the Hawkins family?

One kid on a scholarship is bad enough. Two kids on a basketball roster that is prohibitive.

They should have "hard knocks" film the locker room mid season once the losses start coming in.

Miller and Alford watching courtside at the EYBL. Let's see what he's made out of. I'm more concerned with Boyle / Altman personally.

Back