What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA commit and Evan's buddy coming to CU to play WR?

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_15588924

This guy is a 4*, highly recruited, and would be eligible to play immediately since UCLA released him and he had no enrolled. Another WR for 2010 would be nice. I know for a fact they thought Duncan would have had a good shot at playing time if he had gotten in (per an offensive asst coach). 5 to play 4 is always a good thing. That's a big upgrade to this class if we get him.

And I posted this here as the 2010 recruiting board is no longer easy to find threads for....

Last edited:
We weren't able to admit Duncan apparently and Favors. We signed the Canadian. We certainly have at least one and probably several as there will be some injury fallout it seems.

I would not mind Richardson if he gets the legal issues taken care of and he wants to be here. I do wonder about bringing in more transfers than Patterson and Richardson, especially if we are talking about USC juniors or seniors. Our junior class is already huge, not sure you want to be adding more numbers there.

I would not mind Richardson if he gets the legal issues taken care of and he wants to be here. I do wonder about bringing in more transfers than Patterson and Richardson, especially if we are talking about USC juniors or seniors. Our junior class is already huge, not sure you want to be adding more numbers there.
Very true but I would think some Soph. or redshirt freshman would be wanting to get out if they wanna play for something besides regular season? Most of them would get to play for nothing till they are damn near done unless the NCAA lightens the sanctions. Maybe U$C could go Permian and make up a T. "Nobody stopped us but the NCAA." Permian's was, "Nobody stopped us but the UIL." That did happen one year.

Last edited:

I would agree. I'm open for guys with 1 to play 1 as they count the same as an unused scholarship. A guy with 2 to play 2 would have to really be a huge impact player. There's a long list of USC guys who could probably fill that description. If they upgrade us, we got to take them... It's now or never.

I would agree. I'm open for guys with 1 to play 1 as they count the same as an unused scholarship. A guy with 2 to play 2 would have to really be a huge impact player. There's a long list of USC guys who could probably fill that description. If they upgrade us, we got to take them... It's now or never.

I agree to an extent. Junior LBs, DBs, or TEs could work. Really any position besides junior OL, we can probably afford to take on a handful of guys. Let's just not go overboard. Ringo was pretty vague though, who knows how many guys are actually looking at us. Gonna be interesting to see how this all comes together.

I agree to not go overboard but I wouldnt mind guys in key positions of need. Id take a corner, rb, de, dt, lb, te, QB, any day of the week.

This program needs more than anything else right now wins. After four years of losing, losing, and more embarassing losing the perception of the program among recruits and in general is a program that is stuck in the mud and not going anywhere. For all his many failings I do believe that Hawk and staff are working hard on recruiting. The trouble is that kids want to go where they will win and right now any kid who is interested in CU is going to have coaches from other schools telling him "We went to the (fill in the blank bowl) last year and the (fill in the blank bowl) the year before, CU stayed home. Is that what you want to be doing on your winter breaks son?"

Every time we lose (especially to a team that we have no business losing to) it is like another dagger in our recruiting efforts, every time we win we have a chance to show kids a team that is having fun and enjoying themselves.

If bringing in some guys for 1-2 years will help us turn things around and win some games I am all for it. I understand the concern about taking up space that could be used for four year guys but if we don't start to win now those four year guys aren't going to be the quality of players who will compete effectively in the PAC10 anyways.

The time to win is right now. There is no tomorrow. There's no "future" to sell anymore. If taking in a few guys with limited eligibility left helps us get back to winning games, I'm all for it.

I've got no big issue with this either. USC kids transferring here can only help our damaged recruiting reputation IMO and I just don't see where we are so loaded at receiver, quality RB or some other positions that we can afford to have other schools, especially PAC 12 school scooping up some highly regarded kids that signed with the Trojans.

I was disappointed we didn't land this Richardson kid during the recruiting cycle to begin with. I'd be thrilled to have him if the legal issues are indeed minor

This is a man's game, I could care less if it pisses off U$C that we get transfers. Even their head man didnt stay around but he didnt know anything.

Latest reports (nothing official) are that Richardson should be getting his legal stuff taken care of as early as Monday. If the charges are reduced from a felony, then CU will accept him. It's expected that the charges will be reduced to a misdemeanor and that all penalties may be deferred and if he's a good boy for a period of time he won't get penalized at all.

Could be huge for the Buffs.

Honestly, I'd be very interested in USC seniors. If we could get their backup LG Butch Lewis (Senior with starting experience who went to Regis), he could immediately start and allow us to redshirt Richter. That would be an awesome pickup on a number of levels. It would shore up a major question mark position while also reducing the number of OLs in the junior class with Richter redshirting. It would be a perfect storm for CU.

CU seems to be an attractive destination for transfers the past year or two. Hopefully we can get our coaching up to par and see what kind of talent we can attract.

Way too much expectations on Richter there Buffnik. They brought him in to compete, and he's a big dude. With Iltis, Bahr, Behrens, and Adkins, you got guys with several years in the program, with Pittman, and with the offense - and even Daniels and MTM. He's got a ridiculous Bench Press, but that isn't worth much. His other strength numbers were ok.

Given he had really only one other D1 school recruiting him (and none out of HS), and I'm not sure they offered (KY), let's not make the guy all-world yet. I really feel the staff brought him in to RS and fill some depth behind this huge JR class of O-line that we have....

In other words, I don't see Richter's Redshirt hinging on Lewis (USC) transfering!

I don't want Richardson if he is leaving UCLA because he stole a purse.

I'd recommend you get an over the shoulder with a strong strap. It's much harder to steal than a clutch, and if you keep your hand on the strap, you should have nothing to fear.....

I don't know if you guys are serious or not, but I am. I don't want someone who is leaving a program for theft to be opened with desperate open arms at CU.
\

If it gets dropped to a misdemeanor then can't we chalk it up to a teenage mistake and give him a second chance. Plus, he is friends with Clark Evans so be careful what you say. :smile2:

Saw a story somewhere that said he didn't do it but was present and ran. Guilt by association. Allegedly one of the others present did the snatching.

Back