What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Game Week -- Official Thread (8:30 on ESPN2)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Going to go ahead and start this thread since we find out tomorrow game time and network.

He has the game at 8:30 on FS1.

Jeebus. 8 then 8:30 game times? I thought the PAC 12 was reigning this **** in. College football players, let alone fans shouldn't be hoping to get home from a football game well into Sunday morning.
Night game? Fine.
7 or later? Stupid.
This is the price we pay for being a Pac-12 team that the networks want to see.

I was reading a similar thing with Boise State. They're the team that is always picked up from the MWC and the networks have them playing almost all their games at night, even late in the season when it's cold. It has killed attendance and put the expansion plans for their stadium on hold.

This is an issue and I think the Pac-12 needs to be smart about this.

This is the price we pay for being a Pac-12 team that the networks want to see.

I was reading a similar thing with Boise State. They're the team that is always picked up from the MWC and the networks have them playing almost all their games at night, even late in the season when it's cold. It has killed attendance and put the expansion plans for their stadium on hold.

This is an issue and I think the Pac-12 needs to be smart about this.

Wonder how much longer until we see an NFL style setup. All the games played at 2 kickoff times, except the special ones (MNF, TNF, SNF). You get the games deemed applicable to your location, and if you want the rest of them you pay a premium for over the top services.

Wonder how much longer until we see an NFL style setup. All the games played at 2 kickoff times, except the special ones (MNF, TNF, SNF). You get the games deemed applicable to your location, and if you want the rest of them you pay a premium for over the top services.

Lots more volume in CFB.

I think we will see 4 game slots for CFB.

Noon ET
3pm ET
6pm ET
9pm ET

Then 7pm & 10pm ET slots every Thursday night (maybe Friday, too).

Lots more volume in CFB.

I think we will see 4 game slots for CFB.

Noon ET
3pm ET
6pm ET
9pm ET

Then 7pm & 10pm ET slots every Thursday night (maybe Friday, too).

Would be all for it. Move the college primetime games to Friday to not compete with NFL TV viewership, and I think you have a winner.

I think this game could very well end up being the key to the season.

You might be right.

Certainly, if we get our doors blown off this weekend, going out and losing our next game could threaten to have the bottom fall out on our season.

OTOH, if we pull the upset against UW, as much as it would suck to then go out and drop one to UCLA, a loss there becomes much more absorbable.

depends on your expectations for the season ...
If you expect 8+ win then yes. Personally I expect 7 so winning this game would be gravy.

If the team drops to 0-2 in conference, the margin for error to get to seven, let alone eight plus, shrinks considerably.

true but I stand by CU getting wins against Arizona, Oregon St, Cal and ASU

At this point, it would definitely be disappointing if we didn't.

On the other hand, we need to be able to have confidence that we can win those games, and dropping the first two real games of the season wouldn't be a step in the right direction.

The thing that scares me about USC is their speed, they have it everywhere. Texas could match it. I don't think we can so gotta find a way around it. My experience with that the answer was physicality, only problem, it didn't always work. Gotta do something though, definitely have to win the turnover battle and cash in. Gotta execute at a high level we haven't got to yet.

A 10 pm EST and then a 10:30 pm EST kickoff back to back absolutely flippin sucks. What a joke. Both games will end around 2 am here. If their goal is have nobody on the east coast watching the games, they are succeeding wonderfully.

A 10 pm EST and then a 10:30 pm EST kickoff back to back absolutely flippin sucks. What a joke. Both games will end around 2 am here. If their goal is have nobody on the east coast watching the games, they are succeeding wonderfully.
Whose goal? The networks want these games where they are at it's not like the Pac-12 or CU wanted these. We get back to back games televised nationally and then people bitch about start times, would you rather be on Pac-12 network and have the game at 12PM local? I sure wouldn't.

These games have been routinely scheduled this late since CU has been in the Pac 12. I get being upset for the late times when you attend the game, but good grief, its not like this is the first year that this has happened. It's going to continue. I would say get used to it, but its been like this for 6 or so years.

Back