What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA loses captain and leading 2011 tackler to concussions

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This is becoming such a huge problem in football. Feel bad for the guy.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- UCLA linebacker Patrick Larimore is giving up football because of concussions.

Larimore suffered a concussion last week during preseason practice. He also had a concussion during spring practice.

UCLA coach Jim Mora says Larimore consulted doctors and then informed coaches he was taking a medical retirement.

Larimore, a 6-foot-2, 250-pound senior, led the team in tackles last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ucla-lb-larimore-retires-concussions-004328049--ncaaf.html

UCLA just got a lot more beatable.

This is becoming such a huge problem in football.

I actually think this is a good sign. 10 years ago the guy would probably still be playing.

But this really sucks for the player. I can't imagine what he must be feeling like right now.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this.
I'm genuinely sorry the a good player's career is cut short (which is probably what you meant). I am DELIGHTED concussions are being taken seriously across the board. Oh, and again, while genuinely sorry for the individual, I don't feel bad for UCLA - beat 'em Buffs!

Back