What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Pregame thread

Given the quality of our competition so far and HCMM's historical terribleness when it comes to bye weeks, winning easily this Friday is a big deal as far as a signpost for the season.

My thoughts:
1: Big/easy win: We are solid, 8-9 wins, contender for the south.
2: nail biter: we struggle to get 7 wins, no real big steps forward as a program;
3: Unthinkable (loss of any type): We may just suck.

tenor.gif
That it should be a "Big night for our DBs" if Speight played defense??

Given the quality of our competition so far and HCMM's historical terribleness when it comes to bye weeks, winning easily this Friday is a big deal as far as a signpost for the season.

My thoughts:
2: nail biter: we struggle to get 7 wins, no real big steps forward as a program;
Right there with you, Snow. Exactly my thoughts.

nevermind. I will spell it out. having Speight back doesn't help their defense...
So what does that have to do with my question? The original post I quoted said it will be "a big night for our DBs". To which I responded, "even if Speight plays?" To which YOUR nonsensical quip was "does he play D?" To which I said (but thought in my head, what dumb question..), "No, Why?" Then you tried to to be witty with your stick figure gif, still making no sense to original question I asked.
At least @BuffUp understood what I was asking and answered appropriately. Thanks @BuffUp

So what does that have to do with my question? The original post I quoted said it will be "a big night for our DBs". To which I responded, "even if Speight plays?" To which YOUR nonsensical quip was "does he play D?" To which I said (but thought in my head, what dumb question..), "No, Why?" Then you tried to to be witty with your stick figure gif, still making no sense to original question I asked.
At least @BuffUp understood what I was asking and answered appropriately. Thanks @BuffUp
meh.

My thoughts:

I think you're putting too much on this game-there were a bunch of people who said similar things about Nebraska-beat them, and the team could win 8 games plus. Lose, and the team will struggle to get to a bowl. They've still got athletes, and Chip is still coaching kids who were recruited by Mora. We're going to have to muck our way through a 10-14 point win.

#UCLA’s depth chart for Colorado. Notable changes: Boss Tagaloa, backup center. He was playing at guard last week in practice. Martell Irby is at RB with Bolu Olorunfunmi and Joshua Kelley (who did not play vs Fresno State).

Dn0TikDXUAM-H6r.jpg

I think you're putting too much on this game-there were a bunch of people who said similar things about Nebraska-beat them, and the team could win 8 games plus. Lose, and the team will struggle to get to a bowl.
Every game teaches you something about the team. In retrospect, even applying my favored "we destroyed their season by shattering their team" theory to Nebraska, that game didn't tell us as much as we thought it would.

Playing UCLA is usually a tight affair for us. It gets chippy, dirty, and is close. HCMM is 1-7 all time as a HC coming out of a bye week. So a big win would be a very big tendency breaker signalling this team is different than past ones.

Also, Chip is purposefully sinking this season in order to give the playing time to his guys. Letting them stick around would be a very bad sign.

Every game teaches you something about the team. In retrospect, even applying my favored "we destroyed their season by shattering their team" theory to Nebraska, that game didn't tell us as much as we thought it would.

Playing UCLA is usually a tight affair for us. It gets chippy, dirty, and is close. HCMM is 1-7 all time as a HC coming out of a bye week. So a big win would be a very big tendency breaker signalling this team is different than past ones.

Also, Chip is purposefully sinking this season in order to give the playing time to his guys. Letting them stick around would be a very bad sign.

If this were Oregon State, I'd agree with you. UCLA has the talent to stick around for a bit. I'm not anticipating a CSU type of beatdown.

I would agree with you to an extent on the Nebraska game, but I'll tell you this-that game reminded me a lot of the losses we took to UCLA and Arizona State (which I think we'd all agree broke 2017) last year. We were on the road, and we made mistakes (four chances to win the game before we finally took the lead when we did).......but we got a win this time. Last year's team would have lost that game.

With this 1-7 record you’ve mentioned, how many were home games?

#UCLA’s depth chart for Colorado. Notable changes: Boss Tagaloa, backup center. He was playing at guard last week in practice. Martell Irby is at RB with Bolu Olorunfunmi and Joshua Kelley (who did not play vs Fresno State).

Dn0TikDXUAM-H6r.jpg
That's a large nose tackle!

Does the altitude make him heavier or lighter?
Good question. He's slightly farther from the center of the earth, which means gravity is ever so slightly less. However, the earth's atmosphere is less dense which means his effective weight when subtracting out his buoyancy is going to be higher.

I don't know off hand which factor is greater. I'd have to crunch the number, which I'm not going to do because I'm inherently lazy.

Good question. He's slightly farther from the center of the earth, which means gravity is ever so slightly less. However, the earth's atmosphere is less dense which means his effective weight when subtracting out his buoyancy is going to be higher.

I don't know off hand which factor is greater. I'd have to crunch the number, which I'm not going to do because I'm inherently lazy.
What gravitational force does his mass generate? I am too lazy to google it but it may be rather startling.

Back