What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA tells Darrell Scott "Not Interested"

celestine left after the second game of the year last year. totally different situation though going home to be with the woman you got pregnant.

yes quitting over your roll on the team via text message, and being a man discussing it with your coaches and attempting to do what is best for your child are not the same thing.

I still think he ends up at UCLA. Call me crazy, but this feels like Slick Rick in action to me.

I still think he ends up at UCLA. Call me crazy, but this feels like Slick Rick in action to me.

I am inclined to agree with you, the only way he doesn't go there is if tricky Ricky and Norm Chow have looked at what they have, looked at Scott and said....not sure he brings anything to the table we don't already have.

Who ... me?

ucla.JPG

the injury story doesn't ring a bell?

Actually, IRC, Scott said "I'm fine" and Hawkins said he was dinged up. I wondered why Hawk would say that.
Then Scott has knee surgery and I flip-flopped and wondered why Scott would attempt to play hurt and risk greater injury.

Bottom line: I know nothing about their relationship.
But in leaving, Scott has not given any parting shots to indicate the coaching staff was to blame, or Hawkins in particular. It may well be true, but he hasn't said anything to that effect.

I know a guy who is just like him and they both make me sick. Always looking for the angle. Always looking for the loophole or technicality.

And surprise, they're both lawyers!

Um, that's their job.

Sit through a negotiation and see the other party has one of these guys too. If your guy sucks more than theirs you end up not ending up with as money as you thought you would.

It becomes second nature to them eventually.

Um, that's their job.

So it was the Weasel's job to break the spirit of all those recruiting rules, so long as he stayed within the letter of the law (such as being out front of a recruit's house and calling him on a cell phone during a dead period)? The NCAA felt differently.

Sit through a negotiation and see the other party has one of these guys too. If your guy sucks more than theirs you end up not ending up with as money as you thought you would.

I have been an active participant in many negotiations. I have worked both with these guys and against them. And you don't have to stoop to their level to be an effective negotiator.

Being a sleaze ball is just in some people's nature. Slick Rick is one of them.

Last edited:
I am inclined to agree with you, the only way he doesn't go there is if tricky Ricky and Norm Chow have looked at what they have, looked at Scott and said....not sure he brings anything to the table we don't already have.

Supposedly, they flat out don't want him.

1) they are deep at the position and are recruiting another
2) they don't want to give an injury riddled player 3yrs schollie to play 2 yrs
3) RN is concerned with the perception he is poaching CU players.

I really believe he will not end up there.

I am with you on those points the question is does RN&Co believe the talent and upside out weight the above? Personally i dont think they do. But I know others here think Scott's supreme talent out weighs the the above issues and his clear history of team bouncing and quitting.

He's supposed to stop a habit he developed the minute he left for UW?

That's why I think he's just playing a game right now and that DS will end up at UCLA.

I think the only way that happens is if he walks on, and they may not even invite him.

Of course, there's always the very slight chance that I'm wrong, so we'll see:smile:

I think the only way that happens is if he walks on, and they may not even invite him.

Of course, there's always the very slight chance that I'm wrong, so we'll see:smile:

I fully admit I have zero evidence to back up my claim, just how it feels to me right now. We'll see...

wow, just thought of something.

Nothing like a five-star kid getting turned down by UCLA to make any other fence-sitting possible transfers think "yikes, I better think this through."

Thanks, Darrell, You may have just contributed to a lot more stability than you realize.

If the kid is such a "Great" Running Back wouldn't Pete Carrol & company be hustling him?

Hawkins never let this guy be great, give him a break. He had over 3k yards and 45 touchdowns his junior year in high school. Only one touchdown at CU...hmm is it him or the coaches

I believe that DS has the talent to be an extraordinary running back. I wish it was going to be for CU.

haha, ok so I just got a neg rep and this after my post "Great players don't need a coaches permission to be great."

You are a dumb ***, pretty difficult to do anything when your COACH has you sitting the bench!!

haha, ok so I just got a neg rep and this after my post "Great players don't need a coaches permission to be great."

You are a dumb ***, pretty difficult to do anything when your COACH has you sitting the bench!!

I didn't rep you either way, but I don't see that comment from you anywhere.

Great players may not need anyone's permission to be great, but they do need a coach to give them playing time. Ah, there's the rub.

Pay $15 and you can see who left it...:lol:

I wonder if the fact that Stewart wasa five star with so much noteriety coming out of high school hurts him, in a way, in getting an offer somewhere else? Maybe a lot of HC's don't want to deal with the attention signing him would bring.

I wonder if the fact that Stewart wasa five star with so much noteriety coming out of high school hurts him, in a way, in getting an offer somewhere else? Maybe a lot of HC's don't want to deal with the attention signing him would bring.

They are going to wonder what the problem was since he wasn't a star here. It hurts him because they don't know whether it was a coaching thing or a player thing, and it's easier to just move on to the next high school flavor of the month, injury and baggage free.

Not ripping on Darrell, just saying how I imagine it affects him.

May have hurt Scott, but not Stewart.

Back