What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform pic

Is this uniform any better? The jersey is similar to the late 80s and early 90s, but the COLORADO wasn't on the front at the time.

:confused: CU has had alot of ****ty uniforms throughout the years. But imo the uniform from last couple of years was perfect. Keep it simple.
2001cuchamps.jpg

Why are you pissed at Hawkins? Do you have some reason to believe that he is personally responsible for making the uniform selection?

Hawkins is just another wheel in the Nike cog. Nike supplies CU with athletic equipment for ALL sports - they also pay a significant portion of Hawkins salary. I doubt Hawkins (or any head coach at CU while the Buffs have been under the Nike contract) had a whole lot of say-so in the matter.

I could be wrong but i think Hawk has to have a say in this deal. I understand nike pays him but its ****ed up if he doesnt have any say in the matter.

I could be wrong but i think Hawk has to have a say in this deal. I understand nike pays him but its ****ed up if he doesnt have any say in the matter.

Given the financial state of the athletic dept, and what we get from Nike I think we are in little position to argue if they want to make changes.

Hmm. Based on the pics that Marching Buff posted, I have no problem with these. They are not that big a change visually, but appear to be a big upgrade in terms of performance. Given that we have a game in Tempe this year, that can't be a bad thing.

I think that the kids that we are trying to recruit will like them too.

I don't like it very much (at elast we don't look like the damn Ducks), but I will wait to hear what the recruits say. They better like them or the whole project should be ****canned.

I will say that the panelling is just sitting there waiting for Nike to **** with them in coming years. I could see them switching the colors of panels over time or going with ****ed up things like they keep adding to the Ducks each year.

They may grow on me over time or they may not. I still hate the Broncos uniforms...like the helmets but hate the jerseys and pants - especially when they wear the freakin' all blues. That is just plain stupid looking.

Last edited:
Hmm. Based on the pics that Marching Buff posted, I have no problem with these. They are not that big a change visually, but appear to be a big upgrade in terms of performance. Given that we have a game in Tempe this year, that can't be a bad thing.

I think that the kids that we are trying to recruit will like them too.

I dont have a problem with them. The unis have changed about every 4 to 5 years since Mac left. Nike is paying a lot of money, money we really need. I think the evolution of it is fine.

If the recruits dig it than that is a nice bonus.

I am surprised that this is getting as much coverage as it is. Love to see anything football during the summer months!

I also have to admit that they are growing on me - but I sure as hell am not running out and buying anything (I still wear the old Orange jerseys for the donkeys so my old school continues to show through). Its definitely a relatively subtle change compared to what it could have been.

I have to admit I like the notion of incorporting the silver and gold. I also kind of like how you can watch clips and quickly tell by the jersey what "era" they are from. The Hawkins time will have a distinctive look...and I look forward to seeing them hoisting many trophies in that time. :thumbsup:

Fugly but as long as no "all-whites", I can live with it.

From the DP

There are two sets of pants in black and gold, but no white. CU coach Dan Hawkins hinted white pants could be added to the mix.

"There were no white pants. I was a little disappointed because I loved the white on white but I don't care. White on black is my favorite," said offensive lineman Tyler Polumbus.

:cry:

Apparently the players like the all whites. :wtf:

I know i am in the minority here. but I really never had a problem with the all whites. It didn't look that bad to me.

:yeahthat: and the white on gold is starting to grow on me a bit, but my fav road uni has been and will always be the white on black. It's just us, that's all there is to it.

These could have been SO much worse! Just look at what Nike has done to other schools under contract in recent years...

171277505_38ad397e95_b.jpg

img3750418-01.jpg

1130634228.jpg

I can definitely deal with the relatively minor changes that they actually made for us. They really aren't that bad.

Personally I like the new uni's. I think the players have a MUCH "tougher" look to them now. Love it!:thumbsup:

These could have been SO much worse! Just look at what Nike has done to other schools under contract in recent years...

171277505_38ad397e95_b.jpg

img3750418-01.jpg

1130634228.jpg

I can definitely deal with the relatively minor changes that they actually made for us. They really aren't that bad.

I agree. Given what the Nike fashion folks did to Oregon and Oregon State, I think it could have been a lot worse. At least they did not screw with the helmet.

The new unis are OK. I'm not a big fan of changing things up too dramatically. I prefer the simplicity of the 1990 uniforms, but we've had some minor changes made to the uniforms every couple of years for as long as I can remember. After the powder blue was gone, Mac still had a blue stripe on the sleeves for a couple years. Then that was gone for a while, then we got background on the lettering and different sized numbers. The press is making this out to be the first time the uniforms have been changed since the blue **** stains were tossed. That's simply not the case.

Back