What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - 2018 Game 4 - UCLA (Home)

Tatanka™

Chief Allbuffs Grammarian and Uniformologist
Club Member
Night game. National TV on FS1. Have they announced that this is a blackout game?

Since UCLA wears gold helmets I'm going to guess we won't. I'll go with S-B-B. I'm fairly certain that we've never worn that before.

GameOpponentLocationUniform
1CSUDenver, COG-W-W
2NebraskaLincoln, NEG-W-B
3New HampshireBoulder, CO B-S-S
4UCLABoulder, CO
5Arizona StateBoulder, CO
6USCLos Angeles, CA
7WashingtonSeattle, WA
8Oregon StateBoulder, CO
9ArizonaTucson, AZ
10Washington StateBoulder, CO
11UtahBoulder, CO
12CalBerkeley, CA
Pac-12 ChampionshipNorth ChampSanta Clara, CA
Bowl GameBowl OpponentTBD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Colorado-vs-USC.jpg

It would be a good chance to finally get a win in the infamous BBB uniforms. But if they wear those and lose then that combo should never be worn ever again.
They wore G-B-G against UCLA two years ago and it was the blackout game so I think a lot of options are actually on the table.
I would love to see SBB though.

Are we now just looking at different uniform combos and spouting them out, or is that what people really believe the Buffs are going to wear?

I’d love it if we got better silver and black helmets. Our current versions make it so apparent that it’s a sticker. Our gold helmets have a black logo with the “CU” in the buffalo being transparent, letting the helmet gold show through. Thus we should have black helmets that look more akin to this:

View attachment 27447
This! Is anyone from the athletic department listening??

I’d love it if we got better silver and black helmets. Our current versions make it so apparent that it’s a sticker. Our gold helmets have a black logo with the “CU” in the buffalo being transparent, letting the helmet gold show through. Thus we should have black helmets that look more akin to this:

View attachment 27447
Actually, they use the same stickers with all helmets. The gold outline and "CU" just blend together seamlessly with the gold helmets. They could solve this easily if they wanted to by using different stickers with each helmet. I think it probably would look better. They've obviously decided that they prefer using one consistent sticker with the official logo coloring.

You can clearly see it's the same sticker in this tweet.

Back