What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - 2018 Game 4 - UCLA (Home)

200w.webp

as the norm we will be the best looking team on the field. ucla's gold helmets have a greenish tint to them imo.

i also think the powder blue of the helmet script and shoulder stripes is a little off from the traditional UCLA threads. that's how it looks on TV at least, to me.

Where in Ecuador? You on vacation?
In a tiny village at Playa San Lorenzo. Not vacation - working, technically; collecting fossil whale barnacles (about 3-4 million years old). Once I'm back on campus (UC-Berkeley) I'll do an isotope analysis of each barnacle's growth layers that will allow me to ascertain where these barnacles' hosts (prehistoric whales) were migrating.

I have a feeling UCLA will be wearing all white, including White Helmets like they did against Washington last year. I do not see us having conflicting helmets.

Quick addition to the thread jack about nostalgic unis/helmets, allow me to present the worst helmets in school history:

COXXUC8284-1801.jpg
Those were a super bold look for the 80s. I mean wow. Don't tell anyone but they basically copied that helmet decal idea for the current helmets. In the interim years it was much smaller and has no outline.

In a tiny village at Playa San Lorenzo. Not vacation - working, technically; collecting fossil whale barnacles (about 3-4 million years old). Once I'm back on campus (UC-Berkeley) I'll do an isotope analysis of each barnacle's growth layers that will allow me to ascertain where these barnacles' hosts (prehistoric whales) were migrating.

I don't want to seem mean here I'm HONESTLY interested in why you are doing this.
My question is: Why do you care where the whales were migrating? What are you trying to ascertain from the data?
Do you know what kind of whales they are? Extinct species? Provide more info, pelase.

I don't want to seem mean here I'm HONESTLY interested in why you are doing this.
My question is: Why do you care where the whales were migrating? What are you trying to ascertain from the data?
Do you know what kind of whales they are? Extinct species? Provide more info, pelase.
Ancient whales of the humpback lineage. The why is very long. 1) Understanding how whales have behaviorally adapted to previous climate shifts by tracking how their migrations changed through time allows us to better understand their potential response to coming climate change. 2) Whales by necessity track down the most productive regions of the ocean; knowing where they were migrating to in the past allows us to understand the entire ocean’s spatiotemporal patterns of productivity. 3) A long standing hypothesis is that modern whales are so gigantic (they weren’t for most of their evolutionary history) because they evolved to migrate (huge tail to power them, huge fat reserves to live off of as they access seasonal productivity blooms, etc), but to speak to that hypothesis we have to know when they actually began to migrate (and if it syncs with when they became gigantic). 4) I’m picking up a fossil smaller than my fist and telling you where an enormous prehistoric whale was migrating. Scientifically speaking, it’s just damn cool.

Last edited:
Ancient whales of the humpback lineage. The why is very long. 1) Underatnding how whales have behaviorally adapted to previous climate shifts by tracking how their migrations through time allows us to better understand their potential response to common climate change. 2) Whales by necessity track down the most productive regions of the ocean; knowing where they were migrating to in the past allows us to understand how the entire ocean’s spatiotemporal patterns of productivity. 3) A long standing hypothesis is that modern whales are so gigantic (they weren’t for most of their evolutionary history) because they evolved to migrate (huge tail to power them, huge fat reserves to live off of as they access seasonal productivity blooms, etc), but to speak to that hypothesis we have to know when they actually began to migrate (and if it syncs with when they became gigantic). 4) I’m picking up a fossil smaller than my fist and telling you where an enormous prehistoric whale was migrating. Scientifically speaking, it’s just damn cool.
tenor.gif

Ancient whales of the humpback lineage. The why is very long. 1) Underatnding how whales have behaviorally adapted to previous climate shifts by tracking how their migrations through time allows us to better understand their potential response to common climate change. 2) Whales by necessity track down the most productive regions of the ocean; knowing where they were migrating to in the past allows us to understand how the entire ocean’s spatiotemporal patterns of productivity. 3) A long standing hypothesis is that modern whales are so gigantic (they weren’t for most of their evolutionary history) because they evolved to migrate (huge tail to power them, huge fat reserves to live off of as they access seasonal productivity blooms, etc), but to speak to that hypothesis we have to know when they actually began to migrate (and if it syncs with when they became gigantic). 4) I’m picking up a fossil smaller than my fist and telling you where an enormous prehistoric whale was migrating. Scientifically speaking, it’s just damn cool.
I ****ing love AllBuffs.

To click on a thread titled "Uniform Prediction Thread" and see this as a response is phenomenal. Keep up the good work, Zissou!!

That’s cool and all, but, pro-tip you could just ask @Uncle Ken where all the whales migrate. Although his initial response will be his bedroom, rest assured he’ll know where they were before then.

That’s cool and all, but, pro-tip you could just ask @Uncle Ken where all the whales migrate. Although his initial response will be his bedroom, rest assured he’ll know where they were before then.
So Uncle Ken harpoons whales.......most guys will do when desperate but never admit it to their friends.........

Ancient whales of the humpback lineage. The why is very long. 1) Understanding how whales have behaviorally adapted to previous climate shifts by tracking how their migrations changed through time allows us to better understand their potential response to coming climate change. 2) Whales by necessity track down the most productive regions of the ocean; knowing where they were migrating to in the past allows us to understand the entire ocean’s spatiotemporal patterns of productivity. 3) A long standing hypothesis is that modern whales are so gigantic (they weren’t for most of their evolutionary history) because they evolved to migrate (huge tail to power them, huge fat reserves to live off of as they access seasonal productivity blooms, etc), but to speak to that hypothesis we have to know when they actually began to migrate (and if it syncs with when they became gigantic). 4) I’m picking up a fossil smaller than my fist and telling you where an enormous prehistoric whale was migrating. Scientifically speaking, it’s just damn cool.

Fake news.

Climate change is bull**** and whales are big so that Jonah could fit in their mouths.

I didn’t think I was going to care less. Oops.

Fake news.

Climate change is bull**** and whales are big so that Jonah could fit in their mouths.
Pretty much nobody denies the climate is changing. Colorado was covered by glaciers just over ten thousand years ago, including the plains. What some of us deny is that any present climate change (or other dire condition) is reason to completely hand the reins over to our benevolent government overlords. History has proven that absolutists and dogmatists are rarely correct, whether their god is aboriginal, Greek, Catholic, Muslim, Red, or Green.

Everyday topics don't really need to be as divisive and impossible to solve as we are been led to believe.

Wrong forum, I know. Peace.

Back