What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - Game 4 - Oregon (Away)

Nice.

I don't really mind the switch from calling it "Stormtrooper" to "Ice", though keeping "Stormtrooper" would be my first choice.

Maybe they should switch it from "White Ice" to "Iceman" though, so we could have big Val Kilmer heads made up.

In the day, UT was the only team that looked good in all white, oh how we have sooo passed them up.
We look Bitch'n

Nice.

I don't really mind the switch from calling it "Stormtrooper" to "Ice", though keeping "Stormtrooper" would be my first choice.

Maybe they should switch it from "White Ice" to "Iceman" though, so we could have big Val Kilmer heads made up.
Vanilla Ice?

I want GGG at some point.
It would be pretty terrible. Surprisingly, I might actually hate it less than stormtrooper or any other white helmet combo, though.
jJGCzTo.jpg

I have been officially ruled out from watching this game on TV. The all whites, otherwise known as, "We wish we were Wyoming," uniforms hurt my freaking eyes. I'd rather watch the old Broncos play in their mustard and crap brown uniforms. I know that some of you seem to think they are cool, but trust me, one day you will wonder what the hell you were thinking.

Just think avocado green appliances from the 70's, mauve/pink bathroom fixtures from the 80's, long gold shag carpet from the 60's....or powder blue from the Fairbanks era....The whites are right in there.

Last edited:
I have been officially ruled out from watching this game on TV. The all whites, otherwise known as, "We wish we were Wyoming," uniforms hurt my freaking eyes. I'd rather watch the old Broncos play in their mustard and crap brown uniforms. I know that some of you seem to think they are cool, but trust me, one day you will wonder what the hell you were thinking.

Just think avocado green appliances from the 70's, mauve/pink bathroom fixtures from the 80's, long gold shag carpet from the 60's....or powder blue from the Fairbanks era....The whites are right in there.

Good.

Seriously, get over it. The uniforms aren't intended for you. The players like them. The recruits like them. The students like them. The younger fans like them. That is the point.

Good.

Seriously, get over it. The uniforms aren't intended for you. The players like them. The recruits like them. The students like them. The younger fans like them. That is the point.
Fair enough, you're right, they're not meant for me. But when the quack come out in their green, with yellow cleats and the silver feathers on their green helmet they will once again make CU look out of date, old, tired and stale....I suspect that is exactly the opposite of what the intentions are.

I'll chalk it up to a Nike conspiracy.

Fair enough, you're right, they're not meant for me. But when the quack come out in their green, with yellow cleats and the silver feathers on their green helmet they will once again make CU look out of date, old, tired and stale....I suspect that is exactly the opposite of what the intentions are.

If we try and keep up with Oregon, we will be forever chasing them. Nike uses the Ducks as their testing ground for new fit/materials/colors/styles. They are always going to be a step or two in front of everyone. The good news is I feel the fad of constantly rotating uniforms every week is running out of time. CU having a few different alternates to keep their brand/look fresh is a good thing. It keeps recruits talking about us, it keeps our name circulating in social media.

Someone **** in your cheerios three times this week?

Back