What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*UNOFFICIAL CU coaching search rumor ticker - updated

~9:00 EST - 87.7 The Ticket reports that Bohn is traveling to NY Saturday to meet with Embree before the Skins/Giants game. Expected to dot Ts and cross Is.

recap of missed time: lots of conflicting rumors about official status of job offer, including wash post making a denial, but it seems to be a 100% done deal. Last holdout on Rivals, a respected random internet poster, has confirmed that JE has the job. EB and staff are that are left to determine.

@7:45 AM: completely random internet poster at rivals says Phil Anschutz is about to step up BIG TIME for CU Athletics.

Last edited:
update: Now that it seems certain that the Embo is the guy, this thread will now focus on the assistants and various rumors until the staff is complete or near complete. Or I may let it die. Who knows. :lol:

@9:50 - Random respected internet person at rivals says that EB was really dragging his feet yesterday, and that feet dragging was about asking for a **** ton of money. Mac was trying to basically guilt trip EB into saying yes (paraphrase). This guy believes EB will come, but everything is NOT settled in this area as of yesterday.

Second part: Same guy said this, which has been backed up by random semi respected internet posters on allbuffs, including what I have heard from other sources. Believe their unsubstantiated rumor, not mine: Mac was in line for some sort of position in the AD very soon. However, his actions yesterday pissed a lot of people off, and that is now up in the air.

@ roughly same time, AZ still holds to EB as a lock as OC, and that THERE WILL BE NO ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY. Announcement will be monday.

Finally, PA poops strawberrys, and they smell like cash.

Last edited:
Who ever is the person on the search committee who is giving out information please shut up untill you make things official. You could be hurting rather than helping.

Who ever is the person on the search committee who is giving out information please shut up untill you make things official. You could be hurting rather than helping.

for the purposes of my addiction to this lovely little coaching search, NO :wink2:

@10:15 - Adam @ rivals still can't confirm if EB is coming or not.

@10:25 - h/t Jens -
Adam from Rivals on Twitter: EB hit a home run, Embo hit a grand slam
Twitter: Hearing that Eric Bieniemy hit a home run during his second interview with CU last Saturday, but Jon Embree hit a grand slam.

Last edited:
Seems to me that if Bienemy is going to accept a job at Colorado that he already turned down at USC, his salary is going to have to be very near what Embree makes.

Seems to me that if Bienemy is going to accept a job at Colorado that he already turned down at USC, his salary is going to have to be very near what Embree makes.

he makes 400k now, and we can pay up to 500k imho.

Update: Due to certain reasons which make sense to me, all assistant coaching rumors are now being followed in a thread in barzil. If you want to read it, give the junta money. Not a bad investment kiddos. Enjoy!

@3:20 - Random internet poster at rivals says 850 KOA reporting EB has accepted the OC job.

Welcome, BeavBuff. Also an Oregon State fan or just letting us know you like beavers? :smile2:

Thanks! But seriously, who doesn't like beavers? I'm actually an Oregon State fan too. Grew up in Corvallis, went to CU, so I'm a fan of both.

Thanks! But seriously, who doesn't like beavers? I'm actually an Oregon State fan too. Grew up in Corvallis, went to CU, so I'm a fan of both.

So you turned down beavers to come to CU? Wow. Says a lot about this school

So you turned down beavers to come to CU? Wow. Says a lot about this school

I'm from Oregon, and beaver was the primary reason I came to CU. I don't think Beav sacrificed much in the beaver department when he left Corvallis.

I'm from Oregon, and beaver was the primary reason I came to CU. I don't think Beav sacrificed much in the beaver department when he left Corvallis.

You ****ing liar. You said you came to CU because you couldn't get into UNC. FACT.

i thought you left because of that unfortunate incident with the sheep, the party clown, the broom stick, and the tractor that wouldn't go into reverse?

your story changes every day.

Do we have any idea when Embree will bring in a qb,wr,te/st's coach?

timeline is looking to be extended a bit says the rumor sites. Seems like Embree has gotten a lot of interest in at least the QB job and is taking his time to figure it out since we already have a solid QB commit for this cycle. As far as WR job... I have no effing idea what is taking so long there.

Back