What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Urban meyer steps down as florida head coach?!!?!?!?

All part of Bohn's master plan. Meyer sits a year, then gets a clean bill of health and comes to Boulder!

All joking aside, I hope he can rest up and it's good to hear his priorities are in order.

Yes, he is.

Super Bowl rings > National Championships

Meyer is a hell of a coach, but Shanny has 2 titles at the highest level. Meyer does not.

Don´t let UBT see this or he might call you an ignorant European who simply doesn´t understand how things work in the US. ;)

Which might be the nicest thing Mr. or Mrs. UBT have ever had to say about 'Rino.... :lol:

This whole thing really gets more interesting because they've lost the top 2 assistants the last 2 offseasons (Mullen, then Strong). Dan McCarney might be the top assistant left on the staff, and I don't see them giving him the job..... :huh:

He talked with the Bills too.

Junc is right, Shanny can afford to sit and wait out the season to see which jobs are available. To jump on Redskins job when he potentially could be able to go to Chicago, the Florida Gators, or other teams is a bit premature.

I'd agree. Let the season end and the bidding war begin. You still get Bowlens money if you do nothing.

Now sounds like he will take a medical leave of absence instead of resigning.

That's an untenable situation for UF. They need to have a full time coach.

We should know more this afternoon with the press conference, but it sounds like he may take the 2010 season off and come back for the 2011 season. That most likely means one of his assistants coaches the team on an interim basis. Not ideal by any stretch, the uncertainty is not a good thing.

I understand that the guy needs to take a break. This, however, would be a bad move by the university. UF is losing a lot of talent to the league and it'll be interesting to see how they fare next year. I predict UGA will be back on top followed by UT. A lot of fans will see it as a "when Meyer comes back we will back at the top" kind of year.

Not good. UT and UGA and Bama and LSU are going to be solid in 2011. You can't have a subpar recruiting class and hope to be able to compete year in and year out in the SEC. This is only going to stop them from gaining a big time coach. It may work out for their assistants though as the interim coach might see it as a way to prove his ability and then move on to another job; but who in the hell wants to be the HC at UF only to then take a subpar job? I couldn't imagine being the HC at UF and then say going to Kentucky or another "have not."

Being a HC at one of the top 10 football schools in the nation and then going to even #11 would be tough.

Now sounds like he will take a medical leave of absence instead of resigning.

Urban Meyer is reconsidering and will now likely take an indefinite leave of absence instead of resigning as Florida's football coach, a source tells Mike Freeman. Multiple media sources say offensive coordinator Steve Addazio will be interim head coach. Story

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12710843/floridas-meyer-could-return-as-coach

Another twist.

See. You guys give Hawkins all kinds of grief but he obviously is trying to keep his stress level down so that he will last longer.

Maybe Hawkins can step down for a season or two. You know, take care of the little things that need attended to in his life.

You do not need to insert Dan Hawkins into every thread in some cute little way. In fact, it would be a whole better if you did not. Thanks.
I know. I get it. You guys can continually rip, bash, hack, smear, call him stupid moronic grade school names, ad nauseum, and its all cool because all of you guys agree. But if I say one ****ing thing, I'm a dick. Well, **** you. I can say what the **** I damned well please. If you haven't noticed, I've kept my mouth shut while you guys rip him and the program to shreads. I've said nothing. So, I make one little joke, and you jump on my ass. IT WAS A ****ING JOKE, ASSHOLE.

I know. I get it. You guys can continually rip, bash, hack, smear, call him stupid moronic grade school names, ad nauseum, and its all cool because all of you guys agree. But if I say one ****ing thing, I'm a dick. Well, **** you. I can say what the **** I damned well please. If you haven't noticed, I've kept my mouth shut while you guys rip him and the program to shreads. I've said nothing. So, I make one little joke, and you jump on my ass. IT WAS A ****ING JOKE, ASSHOLE.

um....merry x-mas

Thank you for the response. It was about what I expected.

:cry::cry::cry:

Don´t let UBT see this or he might call you an ignorant European who simply doesn´t understand how things work in the US. ;)

I think this an intriguing conversation, really. I cannot see Stoops staying at Okie in a Bowden/Paterno fashion. Nor do I see many situations developing in which a lateral move would be appealing to him. He has it damn good right where he is at. He probably does need to take a critical look at an assistant or two if he is interested in keeping the fans happy in the long run. I think that an offer from the Boys might show if he has intentions of jumping to the NFL. I can see him cherry picking a position in the league, and being rather selective. OTOH, I think it would be bizarre for the Boys/Horns fans to contemplate making an alliance with their ex-nemesis.

Urban is a truly odd development - he is losing quite a bit of his D-line. Tebow is gone. They are going to have a completely average year next year. I can see Meyer taking a year off, protecting his record, and then stepping in one year from now to "save" Florida from mediocrity. I would have a heart attack with the setup that just happened there, too. Adding insult to injury, they lost a hell of a recruiter to Louisville.

Back