What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Urban Meyer to be introduced as new Ohio State HC

Wait, so he's the one who paid Cam's dad the $250K? I did not know that. Learn something new every day.

CUM and CDM went public with the payoffs, computer thief, and cheating after Cam was successful at the barn and Vern and Gary kept saying 'How did CUM let him get out of UF?'. CDM was the OC at UF when Cam was there and the HC at MSU when Camdaddy asked for the money. CUM was letting everyone know he didn't misjudge talent but couldn't keep a cheating thief on scholarship.

He coached more than five years at CU and didn't take another coaching job a year after he 'retired'.

True, but that's not really the point. He did "quit" when things were starting to look difficult. He announced his retirement the day his tailback surpassed the 2,000 yard mark and solidified the heisman trophy. One of the weirdest days of my life, actually.

True, but that's not really the point. He did "quit" when things were starting to look difficult. He announced his retirement the day his tailback surpassed the 2,000 yard mark and solidified the heisman trophy. One of the weirdest days of my life, actually.
I don't think he " "quit" when things were starting to look difficult." He was rolling. I think he quit when his wife was suffering and he was never there for her.

I don't think he " "quit" when things were starting to look difficult." He was rolling. I think he quit when his wife was suffering and he was never there for her.

We can look at it in any way we want to. The situations are very similar between McCartney and Meyer. Not identical, but there are a lot of similarities.

He came in, picked the low fruit, and left for the winter. Nobody has walked in the door into that amount of talent in the SEC. He had 9 players drafted in 2010. Was he successful? Yes. Did he pack his bags when it got hard? Yes.

You guys know he was behind all the Cam stuff last year right?
How do you explain the success he had at Utah? Luck?
(Yeah, I know your response...he coached in a league with low competition so it was easy to win so much. BS! He kicked some BCS ass while he was skating in his easy league, was that luck too?!)

My point is he that he is a very effective coach regardless of the program he is at. He has a knack for getting the most out of his players as well as getting them to plays as a team which enables them to compete way above their talent level. When you put a guy with those coaching skills in programs with high levels of talent it results in NC's. My prediction is that the Suckeyes win an NC in the next 5 years.

How do you explain the success he had at Utah? Luck?
(Yeah, I know your response...he coached in a league with low competition so it was easy to win so much. BS! He kicked some BCS ass while he was skating in his easy league, was that luck too?!)

My point is he that he is a very effective coach regardless of the program he is at. He has a knack for getting the most out of his players as well as getting them to plays as a team which enables them to compete way above their talent level. When you put a guy with those coaching skills in programs with high levels of talent it results in NC's. My prediction is that the Suckeyes win an NC in the next 5 years.

He went 8-5 last year with these recruiting classes 10-#2, 09-#11, 08-#3, 07-#1, 06-#2. Something happened-he didn't forget how to coach and he didn't have a lack of talent. And then he quit.

He went 8-5 last year with these recruiting classes 10-#2, 09-#11, 08-#3, 07-#1, 06-#2. Something happened-he didn't forget how to coach and he didn't have a lack of talent. And then he quit.

after the 2008 season: Dan Mullen (Florida OC) left to become HC at Miss. State
after the 2009 season: Charlie Strong (Florida DC) left to become HC at Louisville
after the 2009 season: Tim Tebow went pro.

after the 2009 season: Charlie Strong (Florida DC) left to become HC at Louisville

Scotty Buff knows his gators. 312 is my ranking of those events. Tebow made that offense and was an incredible player.

That was in 1996 and Danny W was the qb.

I was referring to Tebow's freshman year, when he wasn't the starter. I knew he played some, but Jens correctly pointed out that he had a bigger impact than I had origionally thought. Still, he wasn't the main guy that year. I think you are being a little overly critical of Urban's coaching ability. The dude is good.

Tebow wasn´t the starter, but yet he accounted for 13 TDs and almost 500 yards rushing.

Tebow replaced Leak in short yardage and red zone situations. There were two playbooks in use that year-one for each QB. They could have easily lost about three more games that year. Credit their defense with this NC not the mighty Tebow and spread offense.

I was referring to Tebow's freshman year, when he wasn't the starter. I knew he played some, but Jens correctly pointed out that he had a bigger impact than I had origionally thought. Still, he wasn't the main guy that year. I think you are being a little overly critical of Urban's coaching ability. The dude is good.

I said he was a quitter not a bad coach. If there isn't something odd about the timing of his quitting, health, rejuvenation, and new job to you then I don't believe you are being objective. The 'down low' word here is he is blaming the cheating in recruiting for his departure and OSU and the Bigwhatevertheyarenow are a shining beacon of light on CFA.

I'll agree that the circumstances around his retirement, retraction of retirement, then retirement again, then return to coaching at OSU are odd.

Utah is still surfing the success Urban Meyer had there...imo. kind of like their hoops with Majerus....except Boylan bottomed that out and should have been canned 2 years ago at least.

i'd be a little wary if i were a Buckeye fan, but as a non OSU guy....i'm just grateful UM didn't end up at Notre Dame. imagine the media overkill on that.

That is a good point. After '09, God stopped favoring them.

We can look at it in any way we want to. The situations are very similar between McCartney and Meyer. Not identical, but there are a lot of similarities.
Not to belabor this, well, yeah, to belabor this, what are the similarities?

Not to belabor this, well, yeah, to belabor this, what are the similarities?

Both retired to supposedly spend more time with their families at the peak of their careers at schools that were nationally ranked.

I said he was a quitter not a bad coach.

I have to agree with Chuck here. Urban quit. I prefer a coach who makes a commitment and sticks to it long term. A guy like Nick Saban, who will live and die with a school. That's the kind of guy all coaches should aspire to be.

I have to agree with Chuck here. Urban quit. I prefer a coach who makes a commitment and sticks to it long term. A guy like Nick Saban, who will live and die with a school. That's the kind of guy all coaches should aspire to be.

I have 99 problems but worrying about CNMFS leaving for another job ain't one of them.

I-see-what-you-did-there-Fry.jpg

But I'm pretty sure BC missed it...

Only 28 of 119 CFA head coaches have been at their job longer that CNMFS. Nick is going to leave=the welfare queen. FICTION.

Back