What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

US 36 has been renamed Buffalo Highway! (Herd still under debate)

Kevin Priola, House District 30, sponsored the bill. North Aurora, Green Valley Ranch, Bennett, Brighton.

"Elect this man!"

[video=youtube;xiwtXHPwGPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiwtXHPwGPE[/video]

Last edited:
I'm surprised the the city counsel hasn't addressed the issue that nobody asked the bison what they wanted to do.

Although it was a cool idea, it was probably the right choice to turn it down

I don't think so. I think that people would make the drive up to Boulder to see the Bison heard and bring sales and tax revenue into the city. Hell, Yellowstone is pretty much just Bison and geysers and people love that ****.

the big question is does the city of boulder still have millions to spend on prairie dogs?

I don't think so. I think that people would make the drive up to Boulder to see the Bison heard and bring sales and tax revenue into the city. Hell, Yellowstone is pretty much just Bison and geysers and people love that ****.

the big question is does the city of boulder still have millions to spend on prairie dogs?

Clearly the answer is to pipe water into the prairie dog holes and turn them into geysers...

Cities should not worry about money or what the public thinks about any proposed ideas.

Prairie dog returns to it's hole at the wrong time and . . . . .

suddenly we have UFPDs

Unidentified Flying Prairie Dogs.

The City, and by extension, the County have no problem spending millions of dollars to buy up land in an effort to shape municipalities and prevent future growth, but they have a big problem spending some of those precious dollars on something that we can all enjoy. They'd rather make a few land owners unbelievably wealthy.

I'd suggest they sell off some of the excess open space they do have and use it to fund the buffalo herd. Crazy, I know.

The City, and by extension, the County have no problem spending millions of dollars to buy up land in an effort to shape municipalities and prevent future growth, but they have a big problem spending some of those precious dollars on something that we can all enjoy. They'd rather make a few land owners unbelievably wealthy.

I'd suggest they sell off some of the excess open space they do have and use it to fund the buffalo herd. Crazy, I know.

They spend plenty of those precious dollars on stuff we can all enjoy.

They spend plenty of those precious dollars on stuff we can all enjoy.

I have a really hard time with Boulder County spending $1.5MM on a farm in order to keep it from being developed (and thus, generating property tax revenue) while at the same time crying poor when it comes to adding something like the Buffalo herd, which would likely attract people to the area and generate sales tax revenue. I think our priorities are screwed up.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_19928947

I have a really hard time with Boulder County spending $1.5MM on a farm in order to keep it from being developed (and thus, generating property tax revenue) while at the same time crying poor when it comes to adding something like the Buffalo herd, which would likely attract people to the area and generate sales tax revenue. I think our priorities are screwed up.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_19928947

I think there is a difference between crying poor and deciding a buffalo herd is not the best use of funds. If so many people felt so passionately about this project, perhaps they should have forwarded their support to OSMP staff. They got a whopping 17 positive responses out of about 200.

I think there is a difference between crying poor and deciding a buffalo herd is not the best use of funds. If so many people felt so passionately about this project, perhaps they should have forwarded their support to OSMP staff. They got a whopping 17 positive responses out of about 200.

Hell, there's 17 positive responses to the original BDC article.

Whatever. I've never been shy about my disdain for the Boulder County Open Space program. I think it's a colossal waste of taxpayer dollars and is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to hem in political opposition from the Eastern part of Boulder County.

Hell, there's 17 positive responses to the original BDC article.

Whatever. I've never been shy about my disdain for the Boulder County Open Space program. I think it's a colossal waste of taxpayer dollars and is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to hem in political opposition from the Eastern part of Boulder County.

I am not saying it is perfect by any stretch, but I would also argue that OSMP (City of Boulder) actually does a much better job of carrying out a coherent mission than Boulder County. You may disagree with the decision to not take on the buffalo herd along that stretch of 36, but it should be noted that OSMP is the reason why it is even a possibility in the first place. There are worse things in life than keeping those particular parcels of land leading into Boulder mostly undeveloped.

I am not saying it is perfect by any stretch, but I would also argue that OSMP (City of Boulder) actually does a much better job of carrying out a coherent mission than Boulder County. You may disagree with the decision to not take on the buffalo herd along that stretch of 36, but it should be noted that OSMP is the reason why it is even a possibility in the first place. There are worse things in life than keeping those particular parcels of land leading into Boulder mostly undeveloped.

I couldn't care less what Boulder does with the land surrounding them. I have an issue with Boulder County, which is run by the City of Boulder due to how commissioners are elected, buying up farmland around Longmont and the Eastern County to restrict growth in those communities in order to preserve their electoral majority.

If they truly wanted to preserve the land as it once was, they'd put the buffalo herd out there and forget about buying farms. This wasn't farmland. It was prairie grassland.

Hmm, maybe with all the new Pac12 revenue, CU can buy it's own herd and tell the city and county to fack off! But I know the spineless leaders of the University would never approve. The AD would own them anyhow.

Hmm, maybe with all the new Pac12 revenue, CU can buy it's own herd and tell the city and county to fack off! But I know the spineless leaders of the University would never approve. The AD would own them anyhow.

Would make a lot of sense if CU made a bigger commitment to the veterinary program.

Boulder could support a front range wildlife preserve, even if it went onto the unused land between Boulder and Golden instead of the more expensive property along the 36/Buffalo Highway.

Back