What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USA Today Football Ranking CU #115

I'm actually quite impressed with the level of knowledge and research on the writers part. Aside from the Udo-Diribe spelling, of course

Reading the first paragraph of that Defense paragraph was hard to read.... Holy crap we were so bad last year..

"Defense: A few numbers to peruse at your leisure. Colorado allowed 7.11 yards per play last fall, the most of any team in the FBS and the fourth-most by any FBS team since 2007. The Buffaloes allowed 46.0 points per game, the most in the FBS and the second-most by any team since 2007. CU gave up 8.6 yards per attempt through the air, the fifth-worst average in the nation, 39 passing touchdowns, the most in the FBS, and had a quarterback efficiency defense of 173.58, last in the country. The Buffaloes intercepted only three passes, tied for the fewest in the program's known history, and didn't pick off one pass over the season's last eight games. One more: Colorado allowed 3,150 yards through the air despite the fact that opponents attempted only 67 passes in the fourth quarter – less than six attempts per game. Now close your eyes, forget what you've read and think only good, positive thoughts."

Reading the first paragraph of that Defense paragraph was hard to read.... Holy crap we were so bad last year..

"Defense: A few numbers to peruse at your leisure. Colorado allowed 7.11 yards per play last fall, the most of any team in the FBS and the fourth-most by any FBS team since 2007. The Buffaloes allowed 46.0 points per game, the most in the FBS and the second-most by any team since 2007. CU gave up 8.6 yards per attempt through the air, the fifth-worst average in the nation, 39 passing touchdowns, the most in the FBS, and had a quarterback efficiency defense of 173.58, last in the country. The Buffaloes intercepted only three passes, tied for the fewest in the program's known history, and didn't pick off one pass over the season's last eight games. One more: Colorado allowed 3,150 yards through the air despite the fact that opponents attempted only 67 passes in the fourth quarter – less than six attempts per game. Now close your eyes, forget what you've read and think only good, positive thoughts."

That's the truth. You can make a really compelling argument that the 2012 CU Buffs were the worst BCS conference team of the BCS era.

pleasantly matter of fact. Any remaining Embree supporters should read this to help them see the light.

The most telling thing for me: We have ONE skill position player in the NFL ... and barely, since there's no guarantee Toney Clemons hangs on with the Jags. We've been bereft of NFL-level skill players since about 1995.

I'm sure that's what Lindsey Lohan keeps telling herself every time she wakes up naked on a vomit splattered floor.

My thoughts exactly JR, but with the size of her juggs and the odds being 75/25 they are exposed in the act i do hope i am wittness

while a solid piece of sports writing,i will disagree about the 5 way tie for worst moment and stick with the Sac State loss at Folsom. they go the length of our field and win. getting blown out, we've done that. pretty sobering read though. not anything to argue with, though i wasn't a fan of the Embree hire...so none of it comes too bitter for me. i wanted him to succeed but i wasn't really optimistic "just because" he was around with mac and barney. nostalgia is a cruel master.

i have been following college football for almost 35 years and never thought i'd see the day CU would lose at home to a team whose nickname i didn't know in advance of the game....

Last edited:
No interceptions in the final eight games? How is that possible? Also sobering to think the majority of our losses could have been much worse if teams had not taken it easy in the 4th quarter.

No interceptions in the final eight games? How is that possible? Also sobering to think the majority of our losses could have been much worse if teams had not taken it easy in the 4th quarter.

Most people couldn't go 8 straight games without throwing an interception in a video game set at the easiest level. I have no idea how we were so inept at forcing turnovers. We're at a stage in our program where winning the turnover battle is the single most important thing that needs to happen in order to stay competitive and pull some upsets.

The 4th quarter? You mean the ENTIRE second half, right? Or perhaps the 2nd quarter (see FSU).

while a solid piece of sports writing,i will disagree about the 5 way tie for worst moment and stick with the Sac State loss at Folsom. they go the length of our field and win. getting blown out, we've done that. pretty sobering read though. not anything to argue with, though i wasn't a fan of the Embree hire...so none of it comes too bitter for me. i wanted him to succeed but i wasn't really optimistic "just because" he was around with mac and barney. nostalgia is a cruel master.

i have been following college football for almost 35 years and never thought i'd see the day CU would lose at home to a team whose nickname i didn't know in advance of the game....
Don't feel bad, I drove in from K.C. to see that game last September.

Never thought we'd see the day when we are ranked lower than #100. I'm not looking forward to reading the preseason mags this year.

Great article...the guy knows his stuff.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that the CU rebuilding job is so much more difficult than at SJSU. They were a perennial bad team...at least Colorado has some tradition. They didn't have all their scholarships due to sanctions (self-imposed?). They don't have much of a fan base. The only thing that makes it more difficult is we are in the PAC 12, but since they should have beaten defending PAC 12 champ Stanford, Coach Mac demonstrated his ability to coach at the highest level.

Every bad team that bounces back has that "get me back to respectability" year with 5-7 wins. We just need that one year and all these articles are history. And it's not unforeseen to have that 5 win season come after a 1 win season.

It's going to come down to whether or not we hired the right coach. I like what little I've seen so far, but hard to tell until games begin. We're going to continue to suck unless coach Mac is the real deal. Remember, Stanford was complete dogs**t until Harbaugh took over, and now they are the class of the league.

Yeah but Coach Embree had the program going in the right direction

signed

Joel Klatt
Big Al
Coach Mac

Back