What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC, ASU, OU Add Transfers

J-R-K

Katin Reinhardt going from UNLV too USC. Averaged 11 PPG as a freshman last year.

Jermaine Marshall going from Penn State to ASU and will be eligible to play immediately. Averaged 15 PPG last year.

Joseph Young going from Houston to Oregon. Averaged 18 PPG last year. Might be eligible to play right away.

I'll save the usual commentary regarding transfers, after all I'm sick of the typical responses that A. I have to blindly trust Boyle, B. We wouldn't have stood a chance to land a player even though as demonstrated by these cases transfers often don't end up at elite-level schools, or that C. We are recruiting at a high level so it doesn't matter even though Mills, Cain, Stalzer, Talton, Adams, and possibly others are exceptions to this notion and even if we do land a good freshman they likely won't make as immediate of an impact as a transfer.

Katin Reinhardt going from UNLV too USC. Averaged 11 PPG as a freshman last year.

Jermaine Marshall going from Penn State to ASU and will be eligible to play immediately. Averaged 15 PPG last year.

Joseph Young going from Houston to Oregon. Averaged 18 PPG last year. Might be eligible to play right away.

I'll save the usual commentary regarding transfers, after all I'm sick of the typical responses that A. I have to blindly trust Boyle, B. We wouldn't have stood a chance to land a player even though as demonstrated by these cases transfers often don't end up at elite-level schools, or that C. We are recruiting at a high level so it doesn't matter even though Mills, Cain, Stalzer, Talton, Adams, and possibly others are exceptions to this notion and even if we do land a good freshman they likely won't make as immediate of an impact as a transfer.

You just went full retard.

Reactions: aik

Ok I'll give you a shot defend your position intelligently.

I'll start:
- When it has fit we have added transfers see: Adams who you sited as recruited (A&M signee #2 player in Miss his sr year) and Carlon Brown pac12 tourney MVP.
- Can Mills be considered a bust at this point, sure. Talton seemed to come on over the course of the year and Boyle thinks he can be a knock down shooter. Stalzer..looking more questionable.
- Cain when he played before leaving he had the goods, he had good feet, good size and was an interior presence, i'd argue that is an example of us finding an impact freshman.
- Let me know if you'd rather have Reinhardt, Marshall, or young over last season's impact freshmen XJ/Scott

Look we are going to miss on some guys, it happens, those school missed on guys too, look at Jio Fontane or Carrik Felix both of whom took up schollys for 4 years and really produced for 1. Picking 18 year old kids and projecting them is not a science but we as fans should know when we miss Boyle will stand by guys so we'll carry some dead weight, what it does for us in goodwill, will more than cover. Just look at football, where weird followed by arrogant just burned most of our local recruiting bridges. Boyle is the antithesis of that, your going to have to adjust.

I'll start:
- When it has fit we have added transfers see: Adams who you sited as recruited (A&M signee #2 player in Miss his sr year) and Carlon Brown pac12 tourney MVP.
- Can Mills be considered a bust at this point, sure. Talton seemed to come on over the course of the year and Boyle thinks he can be a knock down shooter. Stalzer..looking more questionable.
- Cain when he played before leaving he had the goods, he had good feet, good size and was an interior presence, i'd argue that is an example of us finding an impact freshman.
- Let me know if you'd rather have Reinhardt, Marshall, or young over last season's impact freshmen XJ/Scott

Look we are going to miss on some guys, it happens, those school missed on guys too, look at Jio Fontane or Carrik Felix both of whom took up schollys for 4 years and really produced for 1. Picking 18 year old kids and projecting them is not a science but we as fans should know when we miss Boyle will stand by guys so we'll carry some dead weight, what it does for us in goodwill, will more than cover. Just look at football, where weird followed by arrogant just burned most of our local recruiting bridges. Boyle is the antithesis of that, your going to have to adjust.

I have a good feeling about Talton. Don't know why anyone wouldn't.

Welcome back, JRK.

Thought maybe some summer lovin' might have mellowed you out and you'd return as a sunshine pumper.....

Nah. I never worried we'd lose the JRK we know and love. The man who could find a way to bitch about pizza and blowjobs. Welcome back. :smile2:

I'll start:

Good post, in contrast to JRKs. All good solid points.

A couple of more things. Although we would like to imagine differently would any of these guys even listen to us if Tad were to express interest, and of course since NCAA rules prohibit coaches discussing it if the kids don't talk we don't know if Tad didn't attempt to contact one or all of them.

Also a team is often more than the sum of it's parts. Tad understands that and has a plan that has so far resulted in better results than CU has experienced for decades in basketball. Bringing in kids for a year and then seing them go can up the talent level you have to be very careful about what it does to your team. Does the kid fit and make you a better team? And at the same time does the time and effort put into a kid you have for one year cost you a kid who will contribute for multiple years.

I'm sure that if the situation fits Tad wouldn't be averse to picking up transfers in the future but it is way more complicated than just plugging some guy in and counting his numbers.

I'll start:

And that's not to mention the little issue of not having an available scholarship.

Reinhardt: Sits next year, this:"Katin Reinhardt, ..... was a very normal talented freshman. His shooting percentage was low but got better late, his defense was terrible early but got better late and his overall game started to come together during the Mountain West tournament. He gave up a year of sweat equity from a coach that trusted him so he could sit for a year and eventually play for a coach -- Enfield -- who Reinhardt saw for three games in March and sold him the same sale as UNLV did two years ago. Will it all work out in the end? Maybe." D. Gottleib CBS Sports

Marshall: This:
Marshall, a 6-4, 205-pound scorer, can definitely plug the gap left by Gordon. He was the third-leading scorer[15.3 ppg] ..... for Penn State last year and can be that same compliment to Jahii Carson. Though he may have to improve his percentages, since Marshall has not averaged better than 39-percent from the field overall or 33 percent from three-point range in his college career.

Joseph Young:
MAY BE eligible immediately, maybe not? This:
The addition of [the 6'3"] Young, who averaged 18 points and ranked among the Conference USA leaders in three-point shooting, brings to eight the potential number of new Ducks for next season, including three who had been connected with four-year schools. Since last season ended, Austin Kuemper, Willie Moore and Fred Richardson III, all freshmen, have left the program, along with four seniors who completed their eligibility. Altman's typical mercenary approach....eight new players???

All 3 schools added transfers...and we will still kick their asses. What's your point?

I don't get why some people think CU has to add a top transfer. If we had a notable hole somewhere in our starting lineup, think Boyle has shown he has no issue bringing in a transfer.

As it is, most top kids that transfer want a chance to play big minutes, and there are very few transfers that would have gotten the chance this season.

CSU recently added two more and now have three incoming transfers. Those three players combined to average 39 points and 17 rebounds per game last year.

Except for those players who have already earned a degree, it seems that CU would face the same entrance issues with transfers as they do with juco's.

CSU recently added two more and now have three incoming transfers. Those three players combined to average 39 points and 17 rebounds per game last year.

And they graduated their top 5 scorers, top 5 guys in minutes played, and 4 of their top 5 re-bounders, So they rplace 59 pts and 28 boards a game with 39/17.

What does this all mean????

nothing.

And....? All but one have to sit out and they are all from small programs. Lighting up the scoreboard at North Carolina Central wooooooooooo

ALWAYS take freshman and develop them over loading up on transfers in the style of Oregon. Look at the teams in the Final Four this year. Syracuse, Wichita State, Michigan, Louisville. All of those players were developed in their respective systems over a long period of time.

ALWAYS take freshman and develop them over loading up on transfers in the style of Oregon. Look at the teams in the Final Four this year. Syracuse, Wichita State, Michigan, Louisville. All of those players were developed in their respective systems over a long period of time.

That makes total sense...a new transfer could be disruptive to a team's chemistry. I don't know how much credit to give Tad for Burks but Tad deserves credit for molding Dre into a first rounder and the Mayor might be that next player to do so.

Back