What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Forum

While the Oregon win has tarnished a bit, getting the road boogie man out of the minds of the players was big. They're going into USC with confidence.

Last edited:
Which section is good to be in for this game? About to purchase tickets, never been to the coliseum. Would prefer to be among buff fans, i live among sc fans and can't stand them.
I bought mine on the CU website. They are actually pretty ****ty for $90 but at least i will be by buffs fans.

I think USC is a team scrambling to hold onto straws here.
They're playing like crap, but know how to win when they need to. They beat Oregon last week and suddenly they feel good about themselves.
This is a team that can turn their entire season around with a win against CU, so I expect them to come out ready to play.
However, they have yet to see any team with the defense that CU has. CU's defense will limit them to the point where they will start to press.

Our offense will put up points quickly. They've proven that. Maybe not 40+ like we're used to, but I see us winning by 10+....even in CA.

Smack them in the mouth early and they'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.
Their season is done if CU beats them at home....so let's send them packing.

hqdefault.jpg

USC-241x300.png

usc_clicks_display_image.jpg

SC has great athletes no doubt. If their lines dominate us it will be a long day but we haven't seen that yet, even at Michigan. If we pressure their O-line and limit their big plays downfield I think this ends in our favor

They're playing like crap, but know how to win when they need to. They beat Oregon last week and suddenly they feel good about themselves.
This is a team that can turn their entire season around with a win against CU, so I expect them to come out ready to play.
However, they have yet to see any team with the defense that CU has. CU's defense will limit them to the point where they will start to press.

Our offense will put up points quickly. They've proven that. Maybe not 40+ like we're used to, but I see us winning by 10+....even in CA.

hqdefault.jpg

USC-241x300.png

I know you know, but they beat ASU this week rather than Oregon

hqdefault.jpg

USC-241x300.png

That was not a good ****ty preview.

Err...USC played the number one defense in the country in Alabama......they went toe to toe with them until the pick six.....and their QB was awful. Different team....lots of athletes. Will be a tough go. They are playing for their coaches job....

I love this place when we are winning.
Then you must really love the "Basketball Forum"! Talk about Schizophrenic!

Anyway, U$C beat the #1 worst pass defense in the country last week in ASU. The ASU rotating DBs made JuJu look all-world. Yet, U$C scored only 7 more more points than ASU was yielding on average in its first four games against crap teams (ranked 99th in scoring "D") and then knocked out the only reason ASU was winning---their QB---before halftime.

A bit of a different type of opponent this week for the Condoms..

Last edited:
Err...USC played the number one defense in the country in Alabama......they went toe to toe with them until the pick six.....and their QB was awful. Different team....lots of athletes. Will be a tough go. They are playing for their coaches job....
Lol, 52-6 at a neutral site is not going toe to toe, regardless of what the score was after 15 minutes of play. And do any of their players really care about Helton's job? I mean, rumors have it a player swung at him in the locker room.

Then lets talk about their dismantling by the Cardinal and their loss to the Utes. I think CU's defense is on par with those two teams. The new QB changes some things, but luckily for us, our strength is the secondary. CU has a very good chance to pull this out.

Err...USC played the number one defense in the country in Alabama......they went toe to toe with them until the pick six.....and their QB was awful. Different team....lots of athletes. Will be a tough go. They are playing for their next paycheck....

FIFY!

USC has a fragile psyche. They are feeling good now after beating ASU, but throw some serious adversity at them and I think they fold. JMHO. They have the athletes. They always have the athletes. It's between the ears where they are most vulnerable.

The lines. They are key. Our O line needs to push them around like we saw vs. csu and vs. mich. I'm pretty sure mich was shocked at how CU's O line controlled.
Then the CU D Line. If they can create chaos at the LOS, the other CU defenders can make plays.
Our D should score one touchdown, or at least deliver the ball to the O inside the 10.

I don't see their offense lighting up the scoreboard against our defense, and I don't see their defense being able to slow down our offense enough to keep them in the game. If CU special teams don't pull a Michigan, I think it's a 2 score win...

At this point SC is as good as Michigan. They've just had different circumstances this year. ...but we were close to beating Michigan. Key match-up to me is our O-line vs their front seven. SC was in the backfield so much last week and that just completely shut down ASU's high-power offense. If their pass rush gets going we are done. If it doesn't SC is done.

look, the changes that usc made worked-- they destroyed a very good asu team that had been playing great. this is no pushover game. there are very few gimmes left on the schedule. i believe that CU can win and that usc is fragile, but this game is going to be a real challenge for our Buffs.

Extremely Thin Marge N Oferror
is the team mascot this week.

No turnovers and great special teams performance is critical.
The Buff D and Buff O have put in the work and have proven themselves up to the task.

Do we have anyone else that can punt on our team? I mean we are averaging like 38 yards a punt....sooo terrible.

Sure, SC always has elite athletes, but to say, as a team, SC is as good right now as the #4 team in the country, is completely false.
I think the point is that despite their early season struggles, any week USC can play like the number 4 team in the country. Now they can also play like an unranked team but they always have that potential to come out and absolutely dominate any team in the Pac-12. Another downside is ASU didn't really wear them down at all physically so there shouldn't be a let down this week. Quite the contrast from the physical punishment UCLA put on Stanford the week before they went to Seattle.

Back