What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC game on a weeknight?

songgirl.jpg
Look up at the 7th post on this page :thumbsup:

Our faculty and students can be quite the fickle self centered bunch. I tend to agree with them this time because I'm worried the Trojans are going to clean our clocks

I had to take my Engineering Fundamentals exam on a Saturday morn in the Psych building during......the Nebraska game, I passed and still caught the fourth quarter.

Go with the flow people

The game will certainly big a big challenge for us, but the only home game that I am truly convinced that we will get our clocks cleaned is Oregon. USC hasn't been that dominant the last 3 years and next year will be no different. This is a winnable game (and we are due for our first win ever against them).

The game will certainly big a big challenge for us, but the only home game that I am truly convinced that we will get our clocks cleaned is Oregon. USC hasn't been that dominant the last 3 years and next year will be no different. This is a winnable game (and we are due for our first win ever against them).

What the hell are you guys talking about?

images

From the comments on the DC article

It would be nice if CU would make more effort to mitigate traffic problems for these evening events. Just try getting out of Kittredge when there is going to be an evening game. It can literally take an hour, and nary a cop to be seen. Then you hit Regent and spend another half hour to reach Colorado, where there might actually be a traffic cop ( that's not really needed by then). Folsom Field is the only stadium I can think of that basically has no parking around it, which causes all the attendees to noodle around the campus and adjacent neighborhoods just to find a parking space. It's the cause of the concerns people are citing.

It is boulder ride your ****ing bike!!! HIppy

that person must hate the envrionment....

Kate Belford can walk or take a damn bus. It's 53,750 against 1

Football days in Boulder are about to get a hell of a lot bigger too. Just wait until Gameday arrives in a couple years. Or the Folsom expansion to 70,000 (not blocking any views, of course). I'm still amazed at how well attendance held up under Hawkins given CU's traditional attendance struggles, even with some pretty good teams. When our Pac12 brethren fall on hard times as terrible as the Hawkins era, they are not putting close to 50,000+ in the seats. Which, by the way, it's going to fun to be part of one of the top traveling fanbases in the Pac12. Can't wait to full-on invade Pasadena this November for Slick Rick to behold

top traveling fan base when we are the worst in the Big XII?

yeah? i know the answer is Ames or Eugene? Norman or San Fransisco weekend?

but, really? all of a sudden?

I said "one of the top traveling fan bases", and it will be the case that CU is in the top half, if not top third, despite the distance from Boulder to most other campuses. If anything, it will be "all of a sudden" due to the novelty of it all for CU fans. As much as it will have to do with CU playing where the alumni are and the novelty of new opponents in great locations, it also has to do with many Pac schools not traveling nearly as well as many Big12 schools. It's the same with attendance, CU certainly was towards the bottom of the Big12, but will be very solid compared to Pac12. I have no idea where you've seen CU play, but having seen the Buffs a few times in locations such as Manhattan with maybe 500 Buffs there, and then on the west coast with 15,000, it was pretty eye-opening. While some Pac schools will be pretty well-represented in Colorado as schools like ASU have many alums here, for the most part our new Pac brethren just do not pack huge stadiums on game days, let alone travel with their team en-mass. Sure teams like Oregon will travel well, but take Stanford for instance - a top 5 team and only averaged ~40k a game last season. You have to figure Utah will travel very well, and ASU certainly has their fans when they're doing well, but CU will be up there.

Funny story, when I was in Berkeley last September for the beatdown I was behind two Cal students. One of them goes "Why are there so many Colorado fans here? Where is Colorado anyway?" and his friend goes, "I think it's California borders Nevada and then Colorado is next to Nevada". --Ah yes, those Cal geniuses...

Last edited:

We represented very well at usc, ucla, cal and asu. We have a huge fan base in southern cal. Rose bowl shall now be named folsom west

Wow, things have changed since I went to the law school. I seem to remember that most Friday afternoons were bereft of classes but there was usually a keg on the lawn outside Fleming. I don't recall any weeknight games back then, but it was sweet that law students with a parking pass could park at Fleming for the games and avoid paying game day parking fees. I don't know what this law student is complaining about, if she doesn't want to go to the game she can just stay in the library until the game starts. Anyway, the media's always going to quote the complainers, rest assured many law students will be attending the game like any other student.

Of course, the sweetest deal back in my day was the $5K tuition--that's long gone and I feel sort of bad for the law students today.

A Thursday night game means only four Saturday games in Boulder for 2011. That's bleak & weak. (Damn you CSU game!)

On an other note, Boulder can and should do a better job with game day traffic management, parking, and public transportation. Make 36 eight lanes already. And put a few more of these around campus.
082208garage-02.jpg

A Thursday night game means only leaves four Saturday games in Boulder for 2011. That's bleak & weak. (Damn you CSU game!)

On an other note, Boulder can and should do a better job with game day traffic management, parking, and public transportation. Make 36 eight lanes already. And put a few more of these around campus.
082208garage-02.jpg

no, no, and hell no. **** that. Those things are ugly as hell and ruin the look of the campus. Even the one we have sucks. Other suggestions, yes, but building more hideous parking lots, NO.

South Campus is the place to do a big parking structure. Walk wouldn't be too bad either.

no, no, and hell no. **** that. Those things are ugly as hell and ruin the look of the campus. Even the one we have sucks. Other suggestions, yes, but building more hideous parking lots, NO.

One of these would blend in perfectly if done with some Tuscan terra-cotta shingles and some flagstone accents.
walker-main-garage.jpg

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get out of such parking structure if approx 95% of the people who park their car there want to get out at roughly the same time? And who the **** wants to tailgate in such structure?

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get out of such parking structure if approx 95% of the people who park their car there want to get out at roughly the same time? And who the **** wants to tailgate in such structure?

19756526_640X480.jpg

Parking structures suck for tailgating. We shoudn't mess with the parking lots on campus. Additional parking can be put in on East and South Campuses very easily. That's where it should go. Don't screw with a good thing.

Parking structures suck for tailgating. We shoudn't mess with the parking lots on campus. Additional parking can be put in on East and South Campuses very easily. That's where it should go. Don't screw with a good thing.

Some big ass parking structure isn't for tailgating. It's for Kate Belford and all her fellow first year law students and other whiners who complain about Thursday Football Night in America. Sheesh.

Back