What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC game on a weeknight?

Yeah when somebody is paying tens of thousands of dollars a semester for an education, they don't have a right to an opinion as it relates to their education experience at CU. I agree that too many people have a sense of entitlement, but a Law school student is a big time paying customer and deserves to have their voice heard.

as does every other student and the fans that support kids by paying money to watch football so there can be scholarships.

Even though Thursday night games are much better than Friday games for exposure & ratings, Friday may work out better. Not so much because of concern over some students having trouble finding a parking spot for classes, but because hosting USC is a major recruiting weekend for us. Especially with only 5 home games this year. It would be better if the recruits could come in Friday and actually see the game.
I'd rather have the exposure and ratings, especially if we win. Friday night is huge in alot of states for high school football. Alot of recruits are going to be playing in games.

I'd rather have the exposure and ratings, especially if we win. Friday night is huge in alot of states for high school football. Alot of recruits are going to be playing in games.

Good point.

"Football is one of the leading causes of chronic traumatic encephalopathy"

orig-10027511.jpg

If you don't want to worry about football on a weeknight, you can go to DeVry. They only play away games, they are at Nebraskas and KSU every year.

What ever time the game is ultimately played, please let it turn out better than the last time USC came to Folsom. Listening to "Fight On" about 200 times during the course of the afternoon while the Buffs looked like a D-3 team quite simply sucked.

the last home game week game was an unqualified success. WVU. if what's her name is all bent about parking, maybe she shouldn't be driving to campus in the first place. it's college, law school, CU. it's not the mall. we should turn the whole campus and the Hill into "parking". then, everyone would be happy.

however, i don't think blind appeals to "commerce" should automatically suspend considerations of the sort every single time. Education, not commerce is CU's primary commitment. appeals to the latter should not ALWAYS supersede the former.

the last home game week game was an unqualified success. WVU. if what's her name is all bent about parking, maybe she shouldn't be driving to campus in the first place. it's college, law school, CU. it's not the mall. we should turn the whole campus and the Hill into "parking". then, everyone would be happy.

however, i don't think blind appeals to "commerce" should automatically suspend considerations of the sort every single time. Education, not commerce is CU's primary commitment. appeals to the latter should not ALWAYS supersede the former.

What are you talking about, I thought this thread was about cheerleaders?

Wow Controversy-Now may be the stupidest, more ignorant person I have ever seen.

1 time every year or two. That's what we're talking about here. And it's tons of free advertising for CU plus several hundred grand (maybe a million or more) in a year when we're not getting a true conference revenue split and have a budget shortfall. God forbid a law student has to ride the bus one time to make this happen.

I didn't understand why CU and Utah didn't get the lion's share of the inaugural title game and more, since it wouldn't happen w/o us. Or did we get some other accommodation?

Back