What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USF vs Cincy...

Buff fanatic

Should be a pretty good football game. Just starting.

Any chance we get Brian Kelly (?)---Cincy's coach???:confused: Despite our record, we're a step up.

These are good football teams. Cincy is for real. USF went from a contender to a spoiler when Groethe went down, though.

These are good football teams. Cincy is for real. USF went from a contender to a spoiler when Groethe went down, though.

I wouldn't count USF out, Daniels is pretty athletic and is playing well. He played well when he had to come in at Tallahassee and while FSU is down this year, that's still an impressive win going into a situation like that.

Last edited:
Cincy may be a step down from CU historically, but he's built himself a good situation there. Good recruiting grounds with talent in and around the state. The admin is starting to get behind him (see admissions). The Big East is NOT the Big 10 or Big 12 when it comes to competition; it's easier to be a top dog there than the aforementioned leagues. He'll be at Cincy until he lands a top gig. He'll get the chance too (see Mack Brown at UNC).

Cincy may be a step down from CU historically, but he's built himself a good situation there. Good recruiting grounds with talent in and around the state. The admin is starting to get behind him (see admissions). The Big East is NOT the Big 10 or Big 12 when it comes to competition; it's easier to be a top dog there than the aforementioned leagues. He'll be at Cincy until he lands a top gig. He'll get the chance too (see Mack Brown at UNC).

Yeah, thats fine. But, I think coach's want to be in a big boy, BCS conference and get the chance to win a national championship every year. Cincy can go undefeated and not go to the big dance.

Yeah, thats fine. But, I think coach's want to be in a big boy, BCS conference and get the chance to win a national championship every year. Cincy can go undefeated and not go to the big dance.

if they go underrated this year there is a chance they get no shot. If UT loses this weekend and they go undefeated he'll gt his chance. Auburn went undefeated in the SEC no less and still didn't play for the MNC. Cincy is still in a BCS conf and has a shot, legit or not.

if they go underrated this year there is a chance they get no shot. If UT loses this weekend and they go undefeated he'll gt his chance. Auburn went undefeated in the SEC no less and still didn't play for the MNC. Cincy is still in a BCS conf and has a shot, legit or not.

Their team, I mean QB, looks hurt. They're dead.

And they're not gonna leap-frog Noisy-State. Only one cinderella allowed per sock hop.

And they're not gonna leap-frog Noisy-State. Only one cinderella allowed per sock hop.

Boise won't even play in a BCS bowl game if TCU goes undefeated. The bowls will only take the 1 non-BCS school they're forced to and TCU's schedule blows Boise's out of the water.

Cincinnati plays a tougher schedule that both of them, fwiw. And I expect them to leapfrog Boise this week based on their respective performances and bodies of work.

Boise won't even play in a BCS bowl game if TCU goes undefeated. The bowls will only take the 1 non-BCS school they're forced to and TCU's schedule blows Boise's out of the water. Cincinnati plays a tougher schedule that both of them, fwiw.

Yeah, it could get dicey for the tater-tots. I've been wondering what the pollsters are gonna do after their narrow, 7-point win over Tulsa. Regardless, Cinci and/or TCU have to jump boise who's currently 5th in the polls. That's a stretch no matter how ya look at it.

It doesnt matter if Cincy goes ahead of Boise or TCU, the winner of the Big East (most likely Cincy) gets an automatic BCS game. They would have zero chance of going to the MNC though, unless some of the other schools lose towards the end and Cincy can run the table

Either UF or AL will lose at least 1 (SEC championship), UT has a shot to go undefeated, but I see them losing one, Cincy will probably go undefeated, TCU wont jump Cincy if they go undefeated, and Boise State won't get the love from the computers when the BCS rankings come out (which are all that matter). BSU and TCU have no chance of jumping cincy in the BCS rankings if they are all undefeated at the end of the season. BSU will start dropping as the season progresses given the computer and with the bearcats being in the big east, they will be in unless they are 1 of 3 undefeated BCS teams. So, there are five possible and likely scenarios I see here:

1.) UT loses early (say OU or OSU) drops to 11ish, The winner of the SEC championship is undefeated, and cincy, TCU, and BSU are all unbeaten, Cincy goes to the MNC (they are in a BCS conference and guaranteed a BCS game) and the higher ranked between TCU and BSU go to the sugar bowl.

2.) UT and the winner of the SEC Championship go undefeated and play for the MNC, cincy (also undefeated) goes to the orange bowl.

3.) cincy and UT go unbeaten, AL slips in the regular season and then beats FL in the SEC championship game, UT and cincy play in the MNC.

4.) All of the teams have one loss and VT (assuming they win out) plays the SEC champion in the MNC

5.) cincy goes undefeated and all others lose 1, cincy plays sec champ.

Sounds like Pike will be back this year. And their schedule sets up nicely for them the next few weeks against the bottom third of the Big East (Louisville, Syracuse and Connecticut).

No way that Cincinnati goes to the NC game unless there is some serious losing by some top teams.

Yea, Cincy is at a real disadvantage not only because of the Big East, but also because their 2 non-conference BCS opponents, Illinois and Oregon State, aren't anything great. Their best hope would be if Oregon State were to keep winning and win the Pac-10 title.

What's funny to me is that there seem to be more people on this site that think Boise or TCU would get into a National Championship game than a Big East champion.

Must be a Rocky Mountain/West Coast bias or something.

The two worst teams in the Big East, Louisville and Syracuse, have wins over Southern Miss and Northwestern. They're also the only teams in the conference with losing records. Either of them would probably finish 2nd in the WAC behind Boise and in the top half of the MWC. Big East has the 2nd best non-conference record behind the SEC this year. And this year is a down year for the conference after having more 1st day NFL draft picks per school than any other conference after last season. The Big East is a solid conference.

Back