What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT doesn´t want Pac w/o annual game in LA

Has anyone who is placed anywhere near Larry Scott said anything about division arrangements? Or are we all going off of the imaginations of 'journalists'?

Only Scott's recent interview answer where he said all teams with equal access to all markets and creative scheduling. Sounds like code for "pods" to me.

So if the Big XII dies before the end of this academic year, who gets to split up the revenue CU left behind? Can we make the refugees give their shares back to us?? :lol:

I think it is more and more likely that that Big 12 conference WON'T split up. OU and Ok. State might decide to leave, but I think Texas still tries to keep it together. And I think they will find a lot of support from the likes of Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, etc. The television contracts are locked in until 2014 (ESPN/ABC) and until 2025 (Fox). I think the networks will have a hard time backing out on those contracts, as long as the Big 12 fields a conference.

I look for the Big 12 to make a play for BYU, TCU, Houston, SMU, and who knows who else - perhaps Tulsa, Louisville, Memphis, etc. With the kind of money the league has in it's coffers it will be easy to attract these teams to join.

I think Texas will prefer to rule the roost in a ****** conference, which maintains an automatic BCS qualification, with it's own television network, etc. rather than give all that up to join the Pac-12/16.

I think it is more and more likely that that Big 12 conference WON'T split up. OU and Ok. State might decide to leave, but I think Texas still tries to keep it together. And I think they will find a lot of support from the likes of Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, etc. The television contracts are locked in until 2014 (ESPN/ABC) and until 2025 (Fox). I think the networks will have a hard time backing out on those contracts, as long as the Big 12 fields a conference.

I look for the Big 12 to make a play for BYU, TCU, Houston, SMU, and who knows who else - perhaps Tulsa, Louisville, Memphis, etc. With the kind of money the league has in it's coffers it will be easy to attract these teams to join.

I think Texas will prefer to rule the roost in a ****** conference, which maintains an automatic BCS qualification, with it's own television network, etc. rather than give all that up to join the Pac-12/16.

The new SWC + would suit Texas's purposes perfectly. They could call the shots, make their money, and claim to be champions to the joy of their deluded fan base.

The new SWC + would suit Texas's purposes perfectly. They could call the shots, make their money, and claim to be champions to the joy of their deluded fan base.

not only that, you ever notice how all the other teams in the SWC were on probation....except Texas.

who believes they weren't cheating, too?

A bit late to this thread but why would any of us be surprised that Texas wants to set things up so they get to go to SoCal every year? Isn't that what all of us and the CU AD wanted when we joined the Pac 10? I remember a lot of discussion in the media about that last year. While I think Texas is a prima donna and pain in the ass, I don't think this case is evidence of any abnormal asshattery.

Wilner's last post has me all sorts of worried about our certainty of getting ****ed. I wish this would all end already.

Posted yesterday on shaggy:

[h=2]Texas meeting tomorrow[/h]

Hookem.com has learned that there is a meeting tomorrow of athletic department staff. All coaches of all sports have been asked to attend.

At the meeting, Texas administrators are expected to discuss conference realignment.

Last summer, Deloss Dodds and Chris Plonsky held a meeting where the duo told coaches to expect a move to the Pac-10. Of course, that move never happened after a number of last-minute moves saved the Big 12.

The television contracts are locked in until 2014 (ESPN/ABC) and until 2025 (Fox). I think the networks will have a hard time backing out on those contracts, as long as the Big 12 fields a conference.

I find it hard to believe that with all of the realignment talks around the country that ESPN doesn't have protection against ending up with a weakened conference. There must at least be some kind of qualifier that ensures prorated payments per households - maybe UT is enough to ensure a big payday, but losing Oklahoma would have to hurt that a lot.

A bit late to this thread but why would any of us be surprised that Texas wants to set things up so they get to go to SoCal every year? Isn't that what all of us and the CU AD wanted when we joined the Pac 10? I remember a lot of discussion in the media about that last year. While I think Texas is a prima donna and pain in the ass, I don't think this case is evidence of any abnormal asshattery.

The real answer is because it's them instead of us. But a somewhat valid argument is that the SoCal pie would be split into even smaller pieces.

More of their smokescreen tactics. They can stand to lose this in bargaining with the conference, if they have some outside chance of keeping the LHN.

SoCal recruiting means very little to uTerus. The added tv market access might be attractive but I'm not sure how. Tourism, perhaps? And if so, isn't that a state thing and not a university concern? Not sure.....

Back