What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT QB Connor Wood transfers to CU!

It can't be understated how invested Mack Brown is in Garret Gilbert. I don't think the other QB's are getting a chance to start.

Can anyone explain this? Is it like the Dan Reeves-Tommy Maddox thing? I always assumed Maddox had compromising pics of Reeves with a goat.

We may never know all the things that have led up to this, for the young qb. Could be the competition, could be that the offensive scheme isn't a good fit for him, could be a rift between him and the coaches or (worse) a rift between him and other players, or it could just be pouty, sandy-vagina emotions at play. Who knows?

But for me, something just doesn't sit right. I wish I knew more about the situation. I just can't break the thought that altho he may be very talented, he may also be a locker room distraction.

Jesus I can't believe people would willingly turn away a blue chip QB at the moment...

Texas is a school that has very rarely played up to their talent level. We can talk about inflated recruit rankings and a certain amount of that happens but you can't argue that they have a ton of talent and in fact a ton of talent that never sees the field. Based on the talent they have recruited and the guys they have put into the NFL they should have a lot more big wins and more NCs than they have.

I have seen a lot of personel decisions from UT that make me think that the decisions about who plays and who sits are often based as much on politics as on talent. We have seen over the years a number of guys at various positions who were back-ups or role players at UT who proved to be better players in the pros than the guys who played or starred in from of them.

Not saying that this is the case with this kid, I know nothing about him other than what is posted on this thread, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is transfering because he sees himself on the short end of decisions that are not related to talent or performance.

It can't be understated how invested Mack Brown is in Garret Gilbert. I don't think the other QB's are getting a chance to start.

Exactly. Maybe Gilbert is "Money" and Mack will assure us of OC Harsin's clinic skills.

Jesus I can't believe people would willingly turn away a blue chip QB at the moment...

Jesus, I can't believe 'Tini is making sense here.

Has Coach Embree not proven to be a good judge of both talent and character? Just relax folks...

Saw a thread on ShaggyBevo about Connor. Most said good luck and others implied he probably wasn't given a chance. They seem to think Mack has a hard on for Gilbert and McCoy.

Jesus, I can't believe 'Tini is making sense here.

Has Coach Embree not proven to be a good judge of both talent and character? Just relax folks...

Last night, tini was having questions on whether we should take a guy who is low on the UT depth chart. I guess he slept on it and had a change of heart. Plus, I think there's new info since then. There's a new QB Coach and new offense at UT. Wood is a pro style guy and what they're doing doesn't suit him. Obviously, Kennedy likes him and sees him as a great fit for our system.

Last night, tini was having questions on whether we should take a guy who is low on the UT depth chart. I guess he slept on it and had a change of heart. Plus, I think there's new info since then. There's a new QB Coach and new offense at UT. Wood is a pro style guy and what they're doing doesn't suit him. Obviously, Kennedy likes him and sees him as a great fit for our system.
I was never questioning whether we should take him I just had some concerns and yes, I read what the UT fans on Rivals were saying, same with Shaggy Bevo.

Is he leaving UT - like right now??

If he did, it would be a good time. He could leave and sit out the 2011 season, and be eligible for the 2012 season as a redshirt junior. (He is a redshirt freshman right now)

He would be a reshirt sophmore in that regard. Remember Big 12 transfer rules NO LONGER apply to CU.

:huh: I thought thats what they were gonna do now...

i think Gilbert will pan out...but he's somewhere between Chris Simms (Mack and Brent Mus couldn't old fruit that guy "hard" enough) and Ron Paulus. his career will be measured by how he does against OU.

Sounds like classic odd man out stuff. Gilbert, for whatever reason has caught Mack's eye. McCoy 2.0 is the fair haired boy and Ash is the flavor of the month. Wood sounds like he is getting lost in the shuffle. He probably should look for greener pastures....

Sounds like classic odd man out stuff. Gilbert, for whatever reason has caught Mack's eye. McCoy 2.0 is the fair haired boy and Ash is the flavor of the month. Wood sounds like he is getting lost in the shuffle. He probably should look for greener pastures....

Chrissy Sims - Major Applewhite. Good thing for us in 2k1 Mack is a dumb**** when it comes to winning QBs vs look the part.

Can anyone explain this? Is it like the Dan Reeves-Tommy Maddox thing? I always assumed Maddox had compromising pics of Reeves with a goat.

We could have drafted Carl Pickens - Elway to Pickens? GTFO But instead that ****up Reeves drafts a QB. F'n idot. Yes, I'm still pissed about that.

I am excited about Dillon, but I would welcome another blue chip QB that had offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Alabama in a heartbeat. With Conner and Shane, our QB depth would be sweet!

Back