What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT QB Connor Wood transfers to CU!

Talent and depth are two things we don't have much of at the QB position. Dillion hasn't stepped foot on campus, and won't for another year. Having this kid might allow Dillon to redshirt. I'm not seeing the downside here, unless we think we can do something better with that scholarship.

Talent and depth are two things we don't have much of at the QB position. Dillion hasn't stepped foot on campus, and won't for another year. Having this kid might allow Dillon to redshirt. I'm not seeing the downside here, unless we think we can do something better with that scholarship.
This. Plus, I really want Dillon to be here, but it's still a long way to NSD. Anything could happen.

Is he leaving UT - like right now??

If he did, it would be a good time. He could leave and sit out the 2011 season, and be eligible for the 2012 season as a redshirt junior. (He is a redshirt freshman right now)

He would be a reshirt sophmore in that regard. Remember Big 12 transfer rules NO LONGER apply to CU.

Would he be a sophomore or junior? Can someone clarify?

The kid is a redshirt freshman this coming season. If he transfers to CU, he must sit out the 2011 season. In the 2012 season, he will be a redshirt sophmore. Ralphie Report is saying the kid will have three years to play three at CU in this situation.

Under the Big 12 transfer rules (the Pac-12 has the same transfer rules), the kid would be a redshirt freshman this year while sitting out one year this season. Instead of being a redshirt sophmore, he would be a redshirt junior and would have only two years to play two seasons.

I think Sophomore. He started with 5 to play 4, sat out the 2010 season and burned his redshirt and is now a redshirt freshman. If he was to transfer to CU, he´d have to sit out the 2011 season and be a redshirt sophomore with 3 years to play 3.

My math was bad. He is a redshirt freshman right now. If he sits out this year he would be a redshirt sophomore next year.

It would be nice to not have to worry about the in-conference transfer penalty.

It is kind of silly to be forcing it, but I think a lot of people are with me in hoping that Hirschman turns out to be a great QB. But as much as I'd liek to assume he is the next starter, it would be dumb not to welcome another solid QB in to compete with Nick and Shane next year. And of course you'll always have the fans that criticize the coach for not playing a second- third-string guy (ahem, Broncos,) but these coaches know what they're doing. If this kid isn't where he should be in Mack's eyes there is a good chance he won't be in Embree's either . . .BTW - This isn't one of those transfer QBs that goes to a different position, is it?

Last edited:
As much as we would like to think that we are set with Hirsch and Dillon experience shows that you can never count on things working out the way you plan and the QB position is to critical to a teams success to take chances.

If one guy gets hurt or another doesn't pan out on the field it means you are one play away from having a walk-on or a late JC transfer running your offense.

On the other hand guys like Dillon and Hirsch don't get bothered by competition at the spot. All they expect, and should expect is a fair chance to compete for playing time and the job.

If Embree believes that this guy makes the team better and is worth a schollie then welcome.

If this kid isn't where he should be in Mack's eyes there is a good chance he won't be in Embree's either . . .BTW - This isn't one of those transfer QBs that goes to a different position, is it?
The knock on Mack Brown is that he's stubborn, and will stick with certain guys despite their weaknesses. Some players may see that as playing favoritism...see Jevan Snead (tranferred to Mississippi) and GJ Kinne (Tulsa). It seems pretty clear that Brown is going to stick with Gilbert and Colt's little brother, and I'm guessing Wood feels like he's playing well enough to be in the mix.

I know star rankings are a bunch of bologna, but Wood was a blue chip (top 5), pro-style QB coming out of HS. We'd be stupid to pass on that kind of talent unless the guy has some academic or off-field issues we're not aware of.

Good depth post Tyler Hansen

Nick Hirschman RSO
Connor Wood RSO
JOhn Shrock RFR
Stevie Dorman RFR
Shane Dillon FR
Ben Burnette SR

Good depth post Tyler Hansen

Nick Hirschman RSO
Connor Wood RSO
JOhn Shrock RFR
Stevie Dorman RFR
Shane Dillon FR
Ben Burnette SR

#1 Wood
#2 Hirshman
#3 Dorman
RS Dillon

#1 Wood
#2 Dillon
#3 Hirshman
RS Another blue chip QB

#1 Wood or Dillon
#2 Wood or Dillon
#3 Hirshman
#4 ANother blue chip QB

#1 Dillon
#2 another blue chip qb
RS another blue chip QB

#1 Dillon
#2 another blue chip qb
#3 another blue chip qb

#1 another blue chip qb
#2 another blue chip qb
RS another blue chip qb

Last edited:
it concerns me that he isn't starting over gilbert but I guess its possible it could be political down there. Embree should take him.

it concerns me that he isn't starting over gilbert but I guess its possible it could be political down there. Embree should take him.

Does it concern you how long it's been since we've had a blue chip QB, and this kid had offers from Texas, Oklahoma (sooners #1 choice actually) and Nebraska. However he was competing with just as talented QB's.

I don't see Embree pulling schollies from Burnette or Dorman (who I wouldn't write of completely anyways) but with Dillon coming in next year, Dorman, Burnette, Hirschman, and likely Schrock who has likely earned a schollie along with this guy we would seem to be pretty heavy at QB.

Would Embree put Burnette on special teams or otherwise move him positionally. Burnette was a decent but not great athlete in HS and has size. He is a 2 to play 2 guy so he will be comin off the roster at the end of next year regardless.

Would Embree put Burnette on special teams or otherwise move him positionally. Burnette was a decent but not great athlete in HS and has size. He is a 2 to play 2 guy so he will be comin off the roster at the end of next year regardless.

You serious Clark?

Hey bcs, if you post "Connor Wood on campus" verbatim and he signs here I'll give rep.

i thought Burnette was a good gamble for a new staff. didn't work out. maybe he can throw it off the FG holder position?

you offer Wood imo. get the kid on campus.

Dude's getting a scholly, he was a pretty good HS athlete. "We aren't going to pull your ticket but you have to earn it and it's not happening at QB, welcome to the punt team."

...for a QB. The punt team is not the scrap heap, or at least it better not be.

Back