What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT QB Connor Wood transfers to CU!

Hirschman, Wood, Dillon, Burnette, Schrock, Dorman all set to be here next year. That's too many QB's for quality reps.

Hirschman, Wood, Dillon, Burnette, Schrock, Dorman all set to be here next year. That's too many QB's for quality reps.

Then sort it out in spring ball and move some people if they don't fit in the rotation. This isn't rocket science and, despite the fact that we wish the Buffs were in a better place, we're not in a position to turn this kind of a prospect away. We will not succeed by counting warm bodies on the depth chart.

Burnette is already the odd man out. I expect him to get a career ending injury over the winter. He's a Juco guy, with 2 years college football and a full spring and summer in Boulder and he got beat out by a fresh-faced true freshman walkon who's first practice with the Buffs (or any college) was a few weeks ago.

Dorman is also a concern, but Rip can be the judge of that. He's not as physically ready as Schrock, and may never be, but he didn't exactly get a lot of reps this August.

Realistically, Dillon has no business competing for the job next year and needs to redshirt. If he played, I would fear for his confidence long term. A year in the program and then some good old fashioned competition will make him the best player he can be. That is the whole point isn't it? It's not whether he can walk into a program and start from day one. Especially if that means the Buffs taking some huge lumps for a few years.

I'm guessing Dillon is fully on board and is ready to be tested. It's good for him in the long run.

I'm sure Coach Kennedy can offer more insight into what kind of strengths Wood's skill set and character would add to the team, and if it weren't worth it to us to have him on the roster or to him in terms of having a shot at playing, there would not be mutual interest and he would not be taking a visit as is being reported.

14 programs have participated in the BCS national championship game in its 13-year history. Connor Wood was offered by 4 of them out of high school. I will tell you this: Any uninjured transfer candidate originally offered by 4 or more of those 14 programs who does not have a documented arrest or suspension in college, I want. And CU needs. If the contribution isn't on Saturdays, the contribution is in every practice in which the rest of the team is challenged to play to a higher standard to beat out the heralded addition. Better competition begets better competition. And that would be an asset to this program at any position, at any time. A pro-style position coach in Scherer for a pro-style QB in Wood is a good scenario here.

This is literally the perfect scenario for next year. Wood and Hirschman can battle it out while Dillon redshirts. Then whoever wins that can battle Dillon every year until they graduate or Dillon wins the job. Either way, we win because we have legitimate competition at QB for once.

Thats just the way it works sometimes. There will probably be transfers and/or position changes, but you just don't pass up having two young blue chip QB's. I would get wood if we had both Wood and Dillon.

Thats just the way it works sometimes. There will probably be transfers and/or position changes, but you just don't pass up having two young blue chip QB's. I would get wood if we had both Wood and Dillon.
Yes, that would definitely spruce up the QB depth chart.

I'm sure Coach Kennedy can offer more insight into what kind of strengths Wood's skill set and character would add to the team, and if it weren't worth it to us to have him on the roster or to him in terms of having a shot at playing, there would not be mutual interest and he would not be taking a visit as is being reported.

14 programs have participated in the BCS national championship game in its 13-year history. Connor Wood was offered by 4 of them out of high school. I will tell you this: Any uninjured transfer candidate originally offered by 4 or more of those 14 programs who does not have a documented arrest or suspension in college, I want. And CU needs. If the contribution isn't on Saturdays, the contribution is in every practice in which the rest of the team is challenged to play to a higher standard to beat out the heralded addition. Better competition begets better competition. And that would be an asset to this program at any position, at any time. A pro-style position coach in Scherer for a pro-style QB in Wood is a good scenario here.
:yeahthat: rep

#1 Wood
#2 Hirshman
#3 Dorman
RS Dillon

#1 Wood
#2 Dillon
#3 Hirshman
RS Another blue chip QB

#1 Wood or Dillon
#2 Wood or Dillon
#3 Hirshman
#4 ANother blue chip QB

#1 Dillon
#2 another blue chip qb
RS another blue chip QB

#1 Dillon
#2 another blue chip qb
#3 another blue chip qb

#1 another blue chip qb
#2 another blue chip qb
RS another blue chip qb

Saw the Texas spring game on ESPn. I wouldn't at this point list Connor Wood atop the depth chart. The starting gig is Nick Hirschman to lose.

Back