What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT QB Connor Wood transfers to CU!

Assuming that Dillon remains on board, do we still take a qb in 2013 then? Novak looks like the real deal and it would be sad to see that CO talent go elsewhere.

Might be difficult sign a blue chip if we're starting a sophomore backed up by a sophomore and two freshmen.

Texas is a school that has very rarely played up to their talent level. We can talk about inflated recruit rankings and a certain amount of that happens but you can't argue that they have a ton of talent and in fact a ton of talent that never sees the field. Based on the talent they have recruited and the guys they have put into the NFL they should have a lot more big wins and more NCs than they have.

I have seen a lot of personel decisions from UT that make me think that the decisions about who plays and who sits are often based as much on politics as on talent. We have seen over the years a number of guys at various positions who were back-ups or role players at UT who proved to be better players in the pros than the guys who played or starred in from of them.

Not saying that this is the case with this kid, I know nothing about him other than what is posted on this thread, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is transfering because he sees himself on the short end of decisions that are not related to talent or performance.

my thoughts EXACTLY! Doesn't make sense that year after year the creme of the Texas crop fight for the excitement and hype of receiving a UT scholly and turn around 2 years into their college career trying to figure out why they aren't getting the "royal" treatment they received as a HS recruit. Its pretty tough to watch first hand because the kids here really do get excited and enjoy the bragging rights.......without really knowing what they are getting themselves into. Even the HS coaches get caught up in the hype.

my thoughts EXACTLY! Doesn't make sense that year after year the creme of the Texas crop fight for the excitement and hype of receiving a UT scholly and turn around 2 years into their college career trying to figure out why they aren't getting the "royal" treatment they received as a HS recruit. Its pretty tough to watch first hand because the kids here really do get excited and enjoy the bragging rights.......without really knowing what they are getting themselves into. Even the HS coaches get caught up in the hype.

Understandable, even ESPN got caught up in the hype.

If you can get a 4 Star or 5 Star you take them again next year. If not maybe you take an athlete for the position or just skip it and take one the next year. I typically believe you should bring in at least 1 QB per cycle however. Maybe we only land a 3 star or 2 star but it is good to have a guy who can spend 4 years and watch and learn and play in mop up duty. I think that is what Ohio States starter has done for the past 4 years.

I am just checking in now, and have been sporting wood all day, expecting a decision. Nothing yet?

I am just checking in now, and have been sporting wood all day, expecting a decision. Nothing yet?

Prolly not 'til after he visits the bayou bengals. Suppose we'll know something tomorrow.

Some follow-up info: I was talking to a boomer fan today at work about Wood. He's really into the recruiting and boards, etc. He also said that Wood was their #1 qb target that year and altho they were head-to-head with tejass, it surprised him (everyone) when Wood committed to the whorns. Said Blake Bell was high on their list but Wood was considered above him.

Assuming that Dillon remains on board, do we still take a qb in 2013 then? Novak looks like the real deal and it would be sad to see that CO talent go elsewhere.

Yes, you recruit Novak if you think he's better than what you have on the roster. If Novak is better than our other QBs and recruiting him leads to a transfer from one of the older guys...so be it, get the best player.

Prolly not 'til after he visits the bayou bengals. Suppose we'll know something tomorrow.

Some follow-up info: I was talking to a boomer fan today at work about Wood. He's really into the recruiting and boards, etc. He also said that Wood was their #1 qb target that year and altho they were head-to-head with tejass, it surprised him (everyone) when Wood committed to the whorns. Said Blake Bell was high on their list but Wood was considered above him.

That is good to hear, I think Stoops is a better judge of talent than Mack.

The longer this takes the better chance we have IMO.

really? i was kind of hoping a quick-fire, fall in love with the campus, mountains and Boulder decision. plus, seems like there's an approaching deadline to get him in school (if he were to choose CU).

really? i was kind of hoping a quick-fire, fall in love with the campus, mountains and Boulder decision. plus, seems like there's an approaching deadline to get him in school (if he were to choose CU).
Well LSU's deadline is sometime this morning so if it keeps dragging on I like our chances.

The longer this takes the better chance we have IMO.
Actually I kind of disagree - I'm all for a kid exploring options but he doesn't have much time to make this decision, and Boulder is either a head-over-heels affair or not

Actually I kind of disagree - I'm all for a kid exploring options but he doesn't have much time to make this decision, and Boulder is either a head-over-heels affair or not
LSU's add/drop deadline is in four hours and after that it's too late, hence the longer it takes the better chance we have, especially if it goes past 3:00PM.

LSU's add/drop deadline is in four hours and after that it's too late, hence the longer it takes the better chance we have, especially if it goes past 3:00PM.

What is the deadline at CU? I'm sure somebody has mentioned it but I'm lazy.

http://registrar.colorado.edu/calendar/calendar_fall11.html

C
U's academic calendar....not sure where Wood fits in. however, appears the add deadline is also today here. however, adds are possible with signatures until the 7th. i assume since Wood's circumstances are "unique" they could find a way to make that happen. my experience at CU is if you have the right sigs, you can do a lot outside the parameters of the guidelines. there are these magical things called "special action forms"....that can do a lot. but, kid is missing classes every day wherever he ends up.

question re: LSU may be did they start the same week as CU....or could they be a week ahead in the sequences of drop/add.

would be nice to have someone from the AD speak to the deadline issue in an official capacity.

http://registrar.colorado.edu/calendar/calendar_fall11.html

C
U's academic calendar....not sure where Wood fits in. however, appears the add deadline is also today here. however, adds are possible with signatures until the 7th. i assume since Wood's circumstances are "unique" they could find a way to make that happen. my experience at CU is if you have the right sigs, you can do a lot outside the parameters of the guidelines. there are these magical things called "special action forms"....that can do a lot. but, kid is missing classes every day wherever he ends up.

question re: LSU may be did they start the same week as CU....or could they be a week ahead in the sequences of drop/add.

would be nice to have someone from the AD speak to the deadline issue in an official capacity.

CU can get him into other classes, continuing education, etc. They just have to be able to come up with a full time athlete schedule.

Still no word. 1 hour and 43 minutes until the add/drop deadline at LSU. LSU fans are in the dark as well FWIW.

Still no word. 1 hour and 43 minutes until the add/drop deadline at LSU. LSU fans are in the dark as well FWIW.
I bet LSU has a policy like our (explained by Mick) so the deadline you are referring to is probably not the real deadline at LSU either.

Back