What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Utah at Colorado

Utah trails series: 24 – 31 – 3

Summer 2012
Very little football going with our boards either.

Last year you guys beat us at our house keeping us from competing in the inaugural PAC 12 Championship game. Not a bad way to fire back up an old "rivalry" (at the least, an old tradition)

Way early prediction for this season... We pay you back at your house this year, putting a losing score for the Buffs up on your new scoreboards (they look good by the way).

Utah beats USC for the PAC 12 South title.

Not gonna beat SC, they're loaded. As far as our game with you, almost any game in Folsom can be a toss up. We'll see.

This year's Utah team is supposed to be loaded...if Utah can't beat CU this year, I will admit that Utah might very well not be our rival...more like punching bag.

Wow, pretty bold to suggest you'll beat SC.....

I like CU's chances at home versus UU, but I have to admit, on paper UU has a lot more going for it right now. But then again, that is why they play the game.

Utah .....not beating USC ........as far as beating CU thats up in the air we will see as the season progresses........by then CU young team should be battle tested after playing USC,Washington, and Oregon.

Devildog, can you please be more rude and abrasive. This manufactured rivalry is going to take a long time to develop if you keep being all nice and stuff.

Utah is not beating USC. Your team speed is going to be exposed there.

As far as our game, who knows. We could have a bunch of battle-tested freshmen who are getting it all figured out or they may be hitting the wall by then. Doubt it will be a blowout in either direction. Probably comes down to a FG again.

cu leads series: 31 - 24 – 3

summer 2012
very little football going with our boards either.

Last year you guys beat us at our house keeping us from embarrassing ourselves in the inaugural pac 12 championship game. Thanks for that.

Way early prediction for this season... You best us at your house this year, putting another winning score for the buffs up on your new scoreboards (they'll look better that way).

Utah loses to usc, while cu skips away with the pac 12 south title. Fact!

fify.

Don't be a stranger, DevilDog. Your posts are actually reasonable, unlike many of the posters who visit AB but are fans of other teams.

Don't be a stranger, DevilDog. Your posts are actually reasonable, unlike many of the posters who visit AB but are fans of other teams.

You never know... I may end up meeting some of you. I grew up in Denver, still have many friends there, and I plan to be in Boulder for this years match-up.

I'll have to look it up again, but I think I saw that CU has only lost like 2 home finales in the past 25 years when not playing Nebraska. The last two years we beat K-state and Arizona in our home finales.

EDIT

Yep, since 1988 CU is 14-2 in home finales when it is not Nebraska. Add Nebraska in the mix and our record is 17-8.

Our two non Nebraska losses were Iowa state in 2000 and Oklahoma state in 2008

Last edited:
@devildog
When you come to Boulder, bring those Ute rally mustaches. Those things worked wonders.

a6934813-dfd5-7ed7.jpg

I realize that I probably appear as an overly optimistic delusional Ute around here... but Hell, I'm just trying to keep you all informed of events 500 miles away.

Apparently, there is enough delusion within the PAC to justify this type of hype... (and it's Summer so what else is there than hype? So, might as well).

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/40835/impact-game-pac-12-south

Now just to expand on this... If Utah manages to beat USC and then somehow manages to lose to CU... This really could become a serious rivalry again, not to mention.. it could begin to serve as a pseudo bowl game for you guys. :wink2:

At this point it's all just speculation to kill time as we wait for camp and "news" of progress... either team could surprise by being better or worse than the predictions. Here's to both being better than advertised.

aed8dfde.jpg

a368c38a.jpg

Last edited:
Utah is not beating USC. Your team speed is going to be exposed there.

As far as our game, who knows. We could have a bunch of battle-tested freshmen who are getting it all figured out or they may be hitting the wall by then. Doubt it will be a blowout in either direction. Probably comes down to a FG again.

DOOM

Please no, I don't have a lot of confidence in our ability to kick one when it counts. I hope it is just hangover from the past regeim.

firstly, i am not sure how anyone can conclude that we "own" the utes. one ****ing game against them in the last several decades is hardly enough to establish global domination.

secondly, utah has more talent and more experience. it sucks to say that, but it is a fact right now. a former ****ing mwc team (no offense to debbil) has more talent. it offends me to even type that but it is a fact.

third, i don't want to hear any bull**** about how it is a rivalry game so anything can happen. wtf is that even supposed to mean? we have played them ****ing once in the last 40 years or something. that's not a rivalry. the ****ing ****tard fuskers. THAT is a rivary.

fourth, utah isn't beating usc this year. it isn't going to happen. usc is freaking loaded. they have a nfl qb coming back to throw to the best wideouts in college football. sure, they do sometimes step on their own trojan-cased selves, but it won't be utah that does them.

fifth, if there is one team i already hate and would love to beat so that it develops into something meaningfully rivalrous like the fusker rivalry, it is ****ing usc, not utah. die trojan die.

that is all.

Can't wait for the day when we don't play CSU anymore and Utah is our new annual little brother smackdown. I'll talk Rivals when we start knocking off the Bruins and Trojans.

Now just to expand on this... If Utah manages to beat USC and then somehow manages to lose to CU... This really could become a serious rivalry again, not to mention.. it could begin to serve as a pseudo bowl game for you guys. :wink2:

Easy, son.

Easy, son.

Right on. :lol:

I like Liver's style. He's honest and realistic about the program, and still loaded with pride for the Buffs.

You guys have a great football history, and tradition that gives plenty of reason for pride. Your program won't stay where it is.

With all this talk of little brother and being your bitch... some come off as dumbassses.

I've always liked CU and would love to see both teams as power programs fighting it out with teams like USC to represent the South against teams like Stanford, and Oregon for the PAC 12 title.

Last edited:
Utes can't be related, they're in a different state. CSU is definitely little sister, though.

Funniest thing about Dd's post is that he makes it sound like Utah beating USC (anywhere) is more likely than CU beating Utah at home.

Utes can't be related, they're in a different state. CSU is definitely little sister, though.

Funniest thing about Dd's post is that he makes it sound like Utah beating USC (anywhere) is more likely than CU beating Utah at home.

Dude... clearly, I'm not the only one that underestimated the Buffs last year. Our whole team choked against CU. :lol:

:nod:

No one will go undefeated in 2012.

i dunno. usc looks really good. that cheating bastard of a coach built them for this season in the hopes that a huge year would carry them through the impact of the reduced schollies. this is their year, i suspect. undefeated is always a challenge, but they look like a contender to me. i think oregon is going to take a step back, as will stanford. cal is never going to go all the way with tedford. has a coach done less with more than him these last few years?

looking around, bama and lsu have their hands full in the sec. notre dumb is always talked about as having a big year by virtue of their craptastic scheduling, but they won't go anywhere. the b10 is in disarray. the b12 doesn't have a title team on paper. ... just looking at things way out here in july, i'd say usc has the best shot at an undefeated season, although i hate them with the burning heat of 1000 suns.

I think this is the year Florida State gets back to being an elite program.

Pac-12 champion will be in the BCS championship game. I just hate that the schedule sets up that we'll have to beat Oregon or Stanford twice.

DevilDog,

Just saw those photos of the Wastach range...I went down I-15 in SLC and was very impressed with what I saw so I can see why the Pac-12 believes we will eventually become rivals again but I am not sure at this point. I will even admit that I rooted for CSU to kick some Ute rears when they were still in the MWC.

But given the fact that both CU and Utah already have rivals that hate our guts, we might as well have a friendly one...just not only in skiing. it's odd that both of us are down in our signature sports: CU in football and Utah in basketball. I wonder if CU's recent championship in the Pac-12 MBB tourney will light a fire under those Ute basketball players because we beat you THREE TIMES last season.

I hope the Utes now know that they are in a real conference instead of the joke conference they came from and play their best ball in Folsom Field...I'm sure many CU fans were elated with the win in SLC but I was disappointed that Utah wasn't up for the game because WE EXPECT THAT FROM A RIVAL. Even those Flying J truck stops in Wyoming are into the Ute-Buff rivalry by having caps & shirts from both schools on sale. They will be my stops whenver I go to Idaho.

I want Utah to show up for this game so we can really show you who is BOSS!

It would be cool if CU developed a rivalry with Utah, as we do have a very long series against each other. The history and geography matches up more then any other team probably. But rivalries being reborn take time--meaningful games for both teams, sometimes even some bad blood between the teams.

Utah had a very special team in 2008. Honestly believe they could have beat anyone in the country that year. Like their team a lot in 2012, just think it's going to be very tough for anyone to beat USC this year. Maybe Oregon.

Back