What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Utah Bulletin Board Material

Congrats on picking up on both meanings of short, UBL.

Just to beat this UBL to death, I suspected you actually intended three meanings. It wasn't my desire to point out that aspect of your post (so to speak) that related to your genitals, as I'd imagine it was obvious to everyone.

Instead, I wanted to correlate it to a story from the past in which you claimed assertions that you had small junk (as stated by the magic stranger) were "arguable". I thought Allbuffs could breathe a collective sigh of relief knowing that was no longer the case. Sometimes I like to tie up loose ends.

Carry on.

The thing that the potential Utah rivalry has is that we both lack rivals and we've been consistently not good. SC-CU will never be a rivalry unless you guys want a case of SEVERE little-brother syndrome.

Yeah, I understand. Utah is our best shot at a Rivalry down the road. For that to happen, for me at least, we need to have a long stretch of meaningful games. Like you said, any other program we can learn to hate or have a lot of nasty meaningful games with, our "rivalry" is going to be secondary at best. But lets not kid ourselves, our rivalry with kNU was second, third or even fourth in the eyes of the little brains. Whatever happens in the future will happen organically.

maybe ASU ? their fans are trash and their HC is trash... I'm not sure CU has ever beat them

ASU already has the Mildcats. I don't think this could happen unless we start poaching AZ recruits (and actually beating ASU would help).

I like to consider Utah as CU's rival if for no other reason than they are the most road-trippable Pac destination. Yeah, I know, not a lot of love here for SLC tourism.

07c53b5db1b25eb106f55f53eb64f124.jpg

When these teams get together, you can throw out the records....no, seriously, throw out the records, I'm tired of looking at ours!

I hate this forced rivalry garbage we have with both Utah and CSU. I guess some rivalry in the PAC will develop one day if we ever get good again, but just not sure who it will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CSU is a rival. Like it or not. Nebraska has CU as a rival though they don't like it. Utah is not a rival yet but when we win Saturday and this game has some bad blood, who knows? CU should set it's sites higher for what level they want to be at. Otherwise Wazzou could end up our rival. Bottom barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a big difference between a rival and hated opponent. The rivalry involves strong emotions both ways.

Beat some people and the rivalry will find us. Rivalries are built on games that matter.

For decades we hated the fuskers but they couldn't care less about us. When we started beating them and being in the position they wanted to be in then they quickly came to hate us with a passion. They put huge amounts of energy into trying to show that we didn't matter but seeing us above them in the standings was all they needed to make it a true rivalry on both sides.

As long as we are as bad as we are right now we aren't going to be anyone's rival. Instead we are going to be the preferred homecoming opponent.

We understood that we would be losing our rivalry when we moved conferences. It will take years, and about 10,000 threads just like this one, to actually construct a real rivalry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the subject of rivalries...

I don't think most people realize how deep of a hole CU was in when they joined the Pac12.

The Nubs were so easy to hate, it's still fun to hate them. No red letter game sucketh.

Back