What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Utah will have 21 players from the state of Texas on its roster

I didn't say take the **** in Texas. I said (well tried to imply) we have to recruit legitimate prospects in the state of Texas in order to compete.

Boise would roll a bunch of MWC/WAC teams out there and Utah played with their backup QB. Not a surprise Boise won the game.

fify

We don't need 21 players from Texas to be successful. In a class of 25 guys, if we can get three of the top 20 from Texas every year, plus 4 of the top 30 from California, 7 of the top 10 from Colorado, and round out the class with guys from New Jersey, Arizona, Hawaii, we'll be in great shape.

I agree partially with your sentiment. Texas produces over 300 Division 1A football players per year and about 190 of those go to BCS schools. If CU would pull 5 out of the Top 150 in Texas that would be better than pulling the top 5 out of Colorado. Texas and OU will take their share but CU should be able to go head to head with most of the other schools recruiting down their including A&M. CU had a strong presence in Texas for years, we did not take quantity out of their but we did take quality. CU has been supplanted by teams like Missouri, KU and OSU in Texas.

Colorado only produces about 12-14 BCS level players a year and the last few years that number has been declining. CU realistically can look at taking 4-7 Colorado players a year.

I don't know why you mentioned New Jersey but it certainly should not be a CU focus IMO. CU has to focus on getting the top players out of Colorado. Then focus on Texas and California. After that become opportunistic.

One of Hawkins biggest failings was that he was unfocused in recruiting. They wasted a lot of time and money recruiting areas with little chance of return instead of building in roads in California and Texas.

I don't know why you mentioned New Jersey but it certainly should not be a CU focus IMO. CU has to focus on getting the top players out of Colorado. Then focus on Texas and California. After that become opportunistic.

One of Hawkins biggest failings was that he was unfocused in recruiting. They wasted a lot of time and money recruiting areas with little chance of return instead of building in roads in California and Texas.

I threw in New Jersey because we've managed to pull a few players out of there in recent years. It's a heavily populated state with a lot of HS football players. There is a mystique about Colorado in New Jersey. Don't ask me why, but it exists.

So I agree that our focus needs to be Colorado, Texas and California, but there are other places where we seem to have some contacts that we shouldn't just abandon.

I threw in New Jersey because we've managed to pull a few players out of there in recent years. It's a heavily populated state with a lot of HS football players. There is a mystique about Colorado in New Jersey. Don't ask me why, but it exists.

So I agree that our focus needs to be Colorado, Texas and California, but there are other places where we seem to have some contacts that we shouldn't just abandon.

Other than vigo, what pipeline do we have in new jersey?

Utah Utes is the dumbest name in college sports. What if we rooted for the Colorado Colors? Idots.

Back