What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vanderbilt smfh.

BuffLuke80

Club Member
Club Member
Apparently, three players got rape convictions yesterday. I'd heard about it before but it happened in 2013 so I'd forgot about it really. There is a fourth player too, his trial hasn't concluded I guess. Something like she was passed out and they had their way regardless. Man, people just don't think before they act. Hope they enjoy prison, they are gonna be there 15+ years I believe.

Just goes to show you, if you want to do stuff like that go to Baylor.

Sad really. Their lives are messed up permanently and it still won't make the victim okay again.

Never going to stop this stuff entirely but somehow the culture needs to change so this stuff doesn't happen as much in the first place. Maybe if they get close to maximum sentences it will warn some other guys enough that some girl doesn't become a victim.

The coach who oversaw that environment and brought those guys in is coaching Penn State now.

The coach who oversaw that environment and brought those guys in is coaching Penn State now.
giphy.gif

The Stanford swimmer gets probation and these guys get 15+ years. At least the state of Tennessee got it right.

How come no one ever talks about the role alcohol plays in these things? Alcohol abuse is a huge problem in general. But combine it with adolescent immaturity and hormones and the results can be life changing.

How come no one ever talks about the role alcohol plays in these things? Alcohol abuse is a huge problem in general. But combine it with adolescent immaturity and hormones and the results can be life changing.
Good question.

I was thinking about this over a beer last week....

**** you people!! If Luke thinks it's a good question, that's good enough for me!

I did no such thing lol. How come it's not something people would wanna talk about though, built-in excuse or what?

Alcohol is a huge problem and some see it as a crisis on campuses. I agree with your bringing it up. That said though there are thousands upon thousands of young men on college campuses who regularly drink to excess but who don't rape young women.

Contributing factor maybe/yes, still not the place where attention needs to be focused though.

Alcohol is a huge problem and some see it as a crisis on campuses. I agree with your bringing it up. That said though there are thousands upon thousands of young men on college campuses who regularly drink to excess but who don't rape young women.

Contributing factor maybe/yes, still not the place where attention needs to be focused though.

Is thousands upon thousands over a million?

Never going to stop this stuff entirely but somehow the culture needs to change so this stuff doesn't happen as much in the first place. Maybe if they get close to maximum sentences it will warn some other guys enough that some girl doesn't become a victim.

with a "leader" who thinks and says, it's all about 'grabbing them by the pussy", it likely will take awhile. Anyone with a daughter who voted for him is truly a fool.

I'm sure everyone in this thread drank to excess at least once in college and made some poor decisions, but was that decision ever rape? No, as it shouldn't ever cross a logical and sane mind...these guys are criminals and it's good that they're locked away for a long time.

Back