What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Very encouraging. Hope we build on it

Running plays are always horrible play calls when they don't work. Every football fan everywhere has a moral obligation to point that out. :wink2:

Nothing more frustrating than running the ball and getting stoned.
My opinion is that when you are, like, 7 to 12 or 13 out, the odds of running it in are slim and you don't gain much by picking up 4 or 5. You're going to have to throw at some point. I'd rather take three shots at throwing it.

My opinion is that when you are, like, 7 to 12 or 13 out, the odds of running it in are slim and you don't gain much by picking up 4 or 5. You're going to have to throw at some point. I'd rather take three shots at throwing it.

Probably. Although it does theoretically make the defense account for the run on the next play. And, ****, other teams run against us and it works in that situation. I find myself hoping opponents throw against us in the red zone.

We have to recruit better players, our talent isn't very good. If that's something that people can't agree on then they have something in their glass that is pretty potent.

That said when we get the better talent it won't do us any good unless we have a different attitude, a dfferent approach than we have seen the last few years around here. Last nights game showed some talent improvement with guys like Sefo, etc. but more importantly in prior years this team would have quit before the game even started. We would have all been hoping that Mora could figure out a way to keep the score from making the game any more embarrasing on the scoreboard than it was on the field.

Last night we saw a team that hustled from the opening KO to the final possession. Yes we missed a lot of tackles, but at least we had guys trying to get to the tackle. I saw more gang tackling last night than I saw all of last year combined. On offense I saw guys pushing for the extra yard, I saw OLinemen actually hustling to try to get to the block. I saw effort on STs.

The biggest thing I saw was a different attitude overall. This team had they had a couple of breaks could have been leading a top 20 team in their place at halftime. This team made UCLA play their frontline players most of the game. UCLA actually had to expend some effort and emotion to win.

M2 is putting things in place so that when the talent gets here and what talent we have develops we have a way to make use of it.

Agreed, Mtn. The question for me is can we draw the talent to Boulder?

But I get it. The world is black and white isn't it? A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter that our freshman quarterback played a better game than we've seen from a Buffs quarterback in a long time. Doesn't matter that we were facing one of the premier defensive teams in the nation, in their stadium, and managed to put up 23 points.

I'm getting pretty sick of people who can't see anything positive in anything. This team sucks. We know it. I'm not trying to say the world is all rainbows and sunshine and unicorns, but you can't seriously tell me that after watching that game you couldn't find one thing encouraging.

Exacty this. I was getting texts from buddies who have started watching Colorado the last six years saying, "you're down, but you're playing good solid ball... what a change coaching makes." these guys love college ball too, have zero emotional equity in CU, and can see the drastic improvement.

Last edited:
We have to recruit better players, our talent isn't very good. If that's something that people can't agree on then they have something in their glass that is pretty potent.

That said when we get the better talent it won't do us any good unless we have a different attitude, a dfferent approach than we have seen the last few years around here. Last nights game showed some talent improvement with guys like Sefo, etc. but more importantly in prior years this team would have quit before the game even started. We would have all been hoping that Mora could figure out a way to keep the score from making the game any more embarrasing on the scoreboard than it was on the field.

Last night we saw a team that hustled from the opening KO to the final possession. Yes we missed a lot of tackles, but at least we had guys trying to get to the tackle. I saw more gang tackling last night than I saw all of last year combined. On offense I saw guys pushing for the extra yard, I saw OLinemen actually hustling to try to get to the block. I saw effort on STs.

The biggest thing I saw was a different attitude overall. This team had they had a couple of breaks could have been leading a top 20 team in their place at halftime. This team made UCLA play their frontline players most of the game. UCLA actually had to expend some effort and emotion to win.

M2 is putting things in place so that when the talent gets here and what talent we have develops we have a way to make use of it.

We couldn't match UCLA's DL talent. And they have a QB who will likely be a 1st round pick if he leaves after this year versus us starting a true frosh in his 3rd game. Otherwise, we're close enough to be dangerous against good Pac-12 teams.

How many guys from our 2009 and 2010 classes are playing significant roles on offense or defense?

PRich
Harris
Crabb
Munyer
Handler
T Jones
Slavin
Uzo-Diribe
Orms
Webb
Bonsu
Bell

Help me out here. I've got 12 guys from 2 recruiting classes (our 4th & 5th year guys) that we might notice not being on the field for a game. Who am I missing?

Agreement with everything everyone has said in this thread. Baby steps. CU is getting there one play at a time. Those plays are kinda spaced out, but we are headed in the right direction. We just need to nut up, this is going to be a 2 to three year project to truly be competitive. I am proud of our guys and coaches. Keep the faith.

I fear this upcoming week will be a letdown. Udub runs the zone read really well and running qbs have been our Achilles heel. If we can put on the same type of performance against Washington as we did against UCLA that'd be huge. All faith would be restored that we will turn it around.

Well, at least until signing day.

And now, for a feel-good reply that we can all agree upon (I think), I spent time with a real herd of buffaloes this morning, and here is what I saw:

1404875_10200875246855720_461204449_o.jpg

1272949_10200875238375508_1257005285_o.jpg

1403276_10200875244735667_346098249_o.jpg

Back