What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Veterans Day and No Flyover Saturday

Buttermaker

First of All - To all Vets and current servicemen on this board, thank you for serving and protecting our country. Your dedication should never go unnoticed.

Also, does anybody know why there was no flyover on Saturday? I understand the economy is bad but I can't remember the last Veterans Day without a flyover. Things like that create a great atmosphere, are impressive and can't hurt recruiting.

Might have something to do with it being at night, it will be dark at 6:00PM. All the flyovers I've seen have been for afternoon kickoffs so you can see the formation overhead.

Steath technology is a wonderful thing. :smile2:

That was ****ing awesome a few years ago when the B2 flew over Folsom. Was standing there drinking a beer then a giant shadow out of nowhere overhead I look up and see a big ****ing plane make no sound.

First of All - To all Vets and current servicemen on this board, thank you for serving and protecting our country. Your dedication should never go unnoticed.

Also, does anybody know why there was no flyover on Saturday? I understand the economy is bad but I can't remember the last Veterans Day without a flyover. Things like that create a great atmosphere, are impressive and can't hurt recruiting.

Did you show up at halftime like half of the student section (that came) did? maybe you missed it...

How could a flyover have any impact on recruiting? Doesn't just about every team we compete with also have the chance to have flyovers?

I just don't understand trying to link every bitch & moan to recruiting.

How could a flyover have any impact on recruiting? Doesn't just about every team we compete with also have the chance to have flyovers?

Military recruiting perhaps??? :cool:

It is not all about recruiting. It is about building a program, an atmosphere at the stadium, something people want to be apart of and honoring people who served our country. Sorry if I said that it can't hurt when an impressionible 17/18 year old witnesses 50K go nuts with a flyover and Ralphie running.

Back