What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vikings keep Bieniemy from USC

cruisebuff

Club Member
Club Member
I wouldn't count on Eric being on a future CU staff - looks like he's highly valued in the NFL

Bieniemy turns down USC, stays with Vikings

Vikings coach Brad Childress has said on more than one occasion this offseason that he feels Eric Bieniemy is one of the top running back coaches in the NFL.

That respect is one reason Childress worked so hard in recent days to keep Bieniemy on his coaching staff.

Childress said Saturday evening that Bieniemy was offered the offensive coordinator's position at Southern Cal by coach Lane Kiffin but has elected to remain with the Vikings. Bieniemy told Childress he was staying on Thursday morning.

Bieniemy will receive a pay raise from the Vikings and also has been given the title of assistant head coach offense. He will continue to oversee the running backs. Bieniemy already will be entering the first year of a two-year contract he signed so there was no extension.

"Eric's a bright young guy, he's Adrian Peterson's mentor and obviously he has aspirations," to move up, Childress said. "Like we talked about, there is no exact way to climb the ladder. It sounds extremely appealing, to live out there and recruit, and he's great at recruiting. You're talking about giant money and it costs giant money to live [in Southern California]. It was extremely appealing and maybe you become a head coach in college. But I think he has the ability to be a head coach at this level. He's a tremendous teacher."

read the rest here:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...l?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQiU47cQUU

Yeah, but many here still think he's not ready to coach poor ole' CU. I guess USC and the Vikings don't know their sh!t.

Who wants to coach at USC now? Perhaps Eric used the offer to get a raise. Good for him. I think that if he gets offered a BCS conference head coaching job, he takes it.

I wouldn't count on Eric being on a future CU staff - looks like he's highly valued in the NFL
http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...l?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQiU47cQUU

Yeah, but I at one time, he really wanted to come back to CU and be the HC. I don't know if that's still the case, but it used to be. I do not think he'll take a pay cut to become our OCoordinator, but I do think he would eventually be willing to be our HC.

I have no qualms with him being our OC, but I do with him being our HC at this point. A RB coach to HC I think is a big jump.

Interesting. After being spurned by EB, USC hired another former CU assistant, Kennedy Pola.

Worst job in CFB is USC right now. You can't win. No chance USC and UCLA have the same coach in 3 years. Kiffen offering EB is not an endorsement b/c he's an idiot. The Vikes keeping EB is an endorsement and the article was glowing. IF CU is in the market for a coach in 2010 - might be too early.

EB needs to be a coordinator to show he can lead an organization before he's a HC. I think he can, but I'd prefer to KNOW he can. RB coach is a coach of 5. Yippee.

Kiffin's approach 'disappoints' Fisher

USC has hired Tennessee Titans running backs coach Kennedy Pola to serve as offensive coordinator under coach Lane Kiffin, causing Titans coach -- and USC alum -- Jeff Fisher to question the professionalism of the Trojans' head man.

"I am very disappointed in Lane Kiffin's approach to this," Fisher told The Tennessean on Saturday. "Typically speaking, when coaches are interested in hiring or discussing potential employment from coaches on respective staffs there is a courtesy call made from the head coach or athletic director indicating there is an interest in talking to the assistant.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5407023

Would like to see EB get some coordinator experience at a program like USC, but I agree with what people have said in this thread (Especially the part about Lane calling the plays)

DaveLogan.jpg

Dave Logan?

...uh, NO.

Viking fans don't seem all that pumped on EB citing AD's fumble problems and lack of break away runs last year.

Viking fans don't seem all that pumped on EB citing AD's fumble problems and lack of break away runs last year.
There's some fans blaming Eric for the 12 man penalty in the NFC championship last year.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/82754502.html

I'm not saying that I agree with it, I'm just pointing out that there are people in Minnesota who aren't too happy with Eric.

Eric Bieniemy has been the Vikings running back coach since Brad Childress took over in 2006. In 2007, the Vikings drafted Adrian Peterson, and put him under Bieniemy’s tutlage. In each of Peterson’s three years since becoming Bieniemy’s pupil, his rush yardage has decreased. His fumble total actually went down from 9 in 2008 to 6 in 2009, but then the NFC Championship Game happened and his fumbling problem reached an all-time peak. He has improved slightly in his blocking and pass catching but still has problems in those areas.

Saying all this, I'd still love to see him as our OC. I just don't think he's ready for the head job yet.

,,,,,,,,,,,But what do I know. I thought Hawk was the next savior of CU Football. :lol:

Any job at USC is going to be a career killer for the next few years, possibly longer. It's toxic, and Kiffen isn't going to make it any better.

There's some fans blaming Eric for the 12 man penalty in the NFC championship last year.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/82754502.html

I'm not saying that I agree with it, I'm just pointing out that there are people in Minnesota who aren't too happy with Eric.[/QUOT
I dont know about the penalty per say other than I saw it. Farve could have walked to that first down but he decided to throw and everybody saw the outcome. I hardly think it's EB's doing that has made AP a fumbler. I would think he knows everything he needs to about how to carry the rock since he's in the NFL. Ive also heard he has trouble with the three points of pressure because his bicep is a big muther****er lol. I dont know about EB as a head coach yet but he will be at some point.

while i'm not a fan of EB coaching CU until he proves something (something, anything) at the coordinator level and nostalgia hires NEVER work......i don't see how Peterson fumbling in the playoffs is on EB?

Back