What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vikings RB Albert Young confirms EB as OC

Looks like he will complete the season in Minny. Not leaving to start immediately like Embree.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. wish it said head coaching job but its okay.....i guess.
TIME FOR A NEW BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BUFFS

It would be awesome to get the two-man tandem!! We'll have great talent BUT we need a great gameplan to get CU on top of the conference compeition again. I'm optimistic, though. Cant wait to see the rest of the staff. Looks like Cabral, Hagan, and Ambrose will probably stay. I hope Greg Brown comes back and we get a great QB coach.

Welcome back, Scooter!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

FYI: Minnesota's schedule ends on Sunday, January 2nd. Recruiting Dead Period is December 20th through January 3rd, so he's not really missing much as far as making phone calls or visits. It would be better if he was with us immediately, but others can cover for the 2 weeks of contact and the 2 weeks of planning to follow.

Hmm. Not sure what to think about this.

Trooo. If he's the "recruiting guy" it would be nice to have him pounding the pavement immediately. But, maybe he can do some recruiting while still working with the Vikes.

Either way, it's a great confirmation for the Buffs, IMO.

What is so fundamentally important about this is that Colorado is ponying up the money and showing a commitment to wanting to win, because EB ain't coming cheap. Top 10 recruiting here we come!

Trooo. If he's the "recruiting guy" it would be nice to have him pounding the pavement immediately. But, maybe he can do some recruiting while still working with the Vikes.

Either way, it's a great confirmation for the Buffs, IMO.

I would expect him to make some phone calls over the next couple weeks.

Welcome back, Scooter!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

FYI: Minnesota's schedule ends on Sunday, January 2nd. Recruiting Dead Period is December 20th through January 3rd, so he's not really missing much as far as making phone calls or visits. It would be better if he was with us immediately, but others can cover for the 2 weeks of contact and the 2 weeks of planning to follow.
The sooner he can be in Boulder, the better.

This is great news and I have a feeling this staff will pull in a respectable recruiting class.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Things are starting to actually look up around here! Optimism? Go Buffs!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:drink2:

Isn't there an exam of some sort that the ncaa requires for anyone who actively recruits? If so, I wonder if EB will have time to take care of that before Jan 3.

What is so fundamentally important about this is that Colorado is ponying up the money and showing a commitment to wanting to win, because EB ain't coming cheap. Top 10 recruiting here we come!

my bet is that private donors put up the most money. either way, great news

Go Buffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news that he's coming here!!! Too bad about him staying with the Vikes though the season, but long term I'm just happy he's on staff.

Isn't there an exam of some sort that the ncaa requires for anyone who actively recruits? If so, I wonder if EB will have time to take care of that before Jan 3.

Good question, I think it would be more of a letter of acknowledgement of the rules and agreeing to abide by them.

The other issue would be how permissible is it for him to contact recruits while still actively employed by the Vikings. Does he have to be under contract and on the payroll of the Buffs in order to act as a representative of the school?

Good question, I think it would be more of a letter of acknowledgement of the rules and agreeing to abide by them.

The other issue would be how permissible is it for him to contact recruits while still actively employed by the Vikings. Does he have to be under contract and on the payroll of the Buffs in order to act as a representative of the school?

I would imagine there are some restrictions on NFL coaches contacting NCAA/HS players? I don't know the rules

good news. i still wish EB was named headcoach instead of embree though. it seems like EB is more highly regarded by other coaches

Back